I've wanted Lego to make LOTR for years, soley for Helms Deep. Finally, it happened. As much as I do like the official model, it just fails to capture the epic scope of the battle as portrayed in the Two Towers. So after having the official model sit on my shelf, mocking me for days, I decided to improve it drastically. My first attempt was satisfying, however I just did not have the amount of pieces to truly do what I wanted with it. After a few (a few meaning a TON of!) Bricklink orders, I was able to begin my endeavor. It is almost complete at the moment with the exception of the mountains, the rear entrance to the caves, the causeway and some additional details i'd like to add/change. I also created an Elven army since Lego did not provide any of Haldirs' troops. I used Legolas from Escape from Mirkwood Spiders as the base for my swordsman and Haldir as the base for my archers. The elven swords and helms are from Brickforge. Check out my flickr photostream to see the evolution of this MOC thus far :) http://www.flickr.co...s/93638645@N05/

post-39481-0-43348600-1362110652_thumb.jpg

:drool: So. Many. Elves. Your Helmsdeep is great but... I want them. ALL of them. You must have a huge horde of blonde elf hairpieces somewhere.

Very nice MOC. I like the size of this Helms Deep. With the addition of mountian, it will certainly look perfect.

Elves! I love the moc, but I love love love your collection of elves. Do you have more pictures of the elves?

Great MOC. Love the scale. 10-wide gate - yay. Great job on the variety of minifigs for the elves and men.

Some improvement suggestions: Less sand green would look better, and lose the uruk halberds: They're too ornate, not orcish enough. Long pikes made of spear plus ski-pole look better and more movie realistic.

Whoah! This is impressive! Love the scale and elves! :wub:

How'd you get so many Haldirs? Bricklink?

Hey, thank you all for the kind words and constructive criticsim! I definitely would like to replace the Uruk Halbards with pikes as well as take out some sand creen on the deeping wall. Unfortunately it is a matter of money. I have to wait till I have some more disposable income to place the next large BL order. This was obviously a significant financial investment, I had to sell several sets from my star wars collection to help fund this endeavor :sceptic: .

As for the Elves, I got them all through BL and trading SW stuff. I have since added quivers to the Elven archers. I have also added Gamling and the other soldier whose name I simply cannot find that stands next to Theoden at the beginning of the battle.

I will take much better pictures when I come closer to completion, which hopefully won't be too far off...

Also I realize it is not 100% movie acurate. I literally tried to capture as many elements from the movie as I possibly could within reason. Obviously some sacrifices had to be made (the rear path to the caves does not look as it does in the movie, I simply do not have the room to make it movie accurate. The elves are not color accurate, a blue scheme was just too expensive.) All in all the I am satisfied thus far compared to my previous version.

Again, I thank you all for your kind words, it means alot after having put in so much time and effort!

I'm glad we can expect more from you eventually. I actually think the red is quite movie accurate, the capes/cloaks being the only things that were blue in the movie.

That is by far, the best Helm's Deep MOC I've ever seen. Brilliant. Everything is so well sized- it seems very often the Hornburg gets stupidly extended- yours is perfect. Have a knighthood or two.

Edited by Mutant Orc

Looks like you've had an awesome time building this! (minus the whole financing it part.) It is very impressive and I'm sure looks 10x better in person as a display piece. Good luck on completing it!