LegoCityMann

The Servo Showdown!

“Servo Showdown”

With the excitement of Gas Station seen at the Copenhagen Toy Fair and the disappointment finding out it will not be an official set the Town forum has been fueled up with talk of all things Octan.

This month you can fuel your imagination with a Lego Gas Station.

Rules:

Minimum of 3 figures and 1 vehicle in the display.

You can use any form of minifig.

Size Limit is one 32 x 32 baseplate

To enter create a thread for the MOC and post a link to it here in this thread.

Custom stickers are allowed.

Contest runs from 1st March to 31st March.

Voting will commence on all rule abiding entries linked in this thread after the closing date.

EB Staff are welcome to join in!

So good luck gas jockeys! Let LEGO fuel your imagination!

I will be Providing prizes for this contest.

1st Place: 60016 Tanker Truck + 3 Random Sealed CMFs

2nd Place: 10659 Blue Lego Suitcase (The Gas Station)

3rd Place: 60000 Fire Motorcycle

Disclaimer: This contest is not sponsored by Eurobricks. Thank you to the Entire Town Staff for allowing me to run this.

Whoa Whoa Whoa we havnt finished our "democracy" in the original fourm yet... we didnt even say who was going to host it yet....

If anything it should probably be hosted by a moderator, don't you think?

Whoa Whoa Whoa we havnt finished our "democracy" in the original fourm yet... we didnt even say who was going to host it yet....

If anything it should probably be hosted by a moderator, don't you think?

Now, now it was 'LCM's idea and 'Rick' gave his approval.....so 'LCM' is setting the rules.....except one thing.....how is the winner being decided ? :wink:

Voting will be open to all members of the forum in the usual style with points. This is not a EB Sponsored Contest. The Town Staff discussed my proposal and allowed me to run with it. I am providing the prizes. You have a month to build an entry so there is plenty of time to resize anything you may want to do. I really hope you all have fun with this.

A little background on me. I love Gas Stations. I've worked at one for the past 10 years. It's a passion of mine.

I hope you all really enjoy this contest and I look forward to seeing everyones entries!

~LCM

Cool, I was planning a 32x32 design.......my brain is nutting it over as I type this......may the best servo win ! :grin:

Thanks a lot LCM for the effort you put into this, it's a great idea! :thumbup: Some questions concerning the rules though:

1. With the requirement of a vehicle you exclude builders who don't do them (see the first thread). I think it would be too bad if this deters anybody to enter the contest.
  2. If this requirement lasts: Does it have to be a completely new vehicle or may it be derived from an existing one or are even existing vehicles allowed?
  3. I feel 32x32 is rather small - compared to a CC building, for instance, but that's me. My question: Is a baseplate as such required (I try to avoid them) or is this only meant as a size limit?

Many thanks again, I'm looking forward to the contest, hopefully there's enough time for me to contribute!

If you are clever enough 32x32 can fit a lot on there ! :wink:

Plus I agree, do we all have to design new vehicles to go in there.....oh, wait....the tiger has an idea.....it will be a surprise ! :laugh:

32x32 is just a size limit. You do not have to use a baseplate.

I just says 3 minifigs and a vehicle. It can be an existing vehicle!

Aw, but I'm planning a new vehicle.....man, this might be a slam dunk.....once I chose a design ! :blush: ...... :laugh:

Edit - Thanks 'Rick' for locking the old topic.....that's funny it's only a few days old ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I have chosen a VERY specific Service Station to build. Here's a hint to show you what I am working on.

8522453065_61f62eb0c6.jpg

I'm still hunting down an image to work from.....ideas are flowing in my mind as I type.......man, I think mine might be firing a broadside at all the others.... :laugh:

Tease images in the next two days. :grin:

Edit - I have found my design....should get a start tomorrow. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Drove past this really old servo today out west in a small country town. It was so nice and run down I wanted to stop and take some photo's but sadly it was pouring down rain. Got me thinking I might change my era.... I suppose multiple entries aren't allowed? :blush:

I'm still hunting down an image to work from.....ideas are flowing in my mind as I type.......man, I think mine might be firing a broadside at all the others.... :laugh:

Tease images in the next two days. :grin:

Edit - I have found my design....should get a start tomorrow. :wink:

Cool can't wait LT, whats this broadside you're talking about hmmm..... :grin:

Drove past this really old servo today out west in a small country town. It was so nice and run down I wanted to stop and take some photo's but sadly it was pouring down rain. Got me thinking I might change my era.... I suppose multiple entries aren't allowed? :blush:

Cool can't wait LT, whats this broadside you're talking about hmmm..... :grin:

Try Google Maps for that old servo and my design is going to be detailed, plus a slam dunk of realism.......let the battle being.....it's the eye of the tiger....! :grin:

Umm BP..... :laugh: I like the different colour handles for the different fuels. Never was one for Ethonol though. Hoses look new they just come in? I'm still deciding if i should use them or another type. Oh and they look great! CMF bases do a good job there.

Time for a tease image from the tiger......

Guess the brand ?

More to come of course ! :grin:

Hmm I was exspecting something a little more detaled and complex, comeing from "The Tiger" and all... :smug: Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

Hmm I was exspecting something a little more detaled and complex, comeing from "The Tiger" and all... :smug:

I haven't finished yet.....currently working on the shop for those pumps.....I'm trying to watch every dollar I spend. :wink:

Wow, this looks very cool LT! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

While LT and LCM are opting for Texaco, my choice is Shell, one reason being the fact that I already have some Shell pumps:

8524623101_837e5ff4cd_z.jpg

Threw this together at the weekend so I think I can contribute something ...

Keep on building! :thumbup: