Hi all!

This is the final version of my 1:9 car.

final_1360264_.jpg

Features:

-4 wheel drive

-3+R transmission with central differential.

-steering with Ackermann geometry, working steering wheel and HOG

-V12 fake engine

-independent suspension on all wheels

-Everything can be opened.

Length: ~62.5 studs (50 cm)

Width without mirrors: ~28 studs (22.5 cm)

Height from the ground: 14 cm

Part count: ~2100

I uploaded the LDD file too, you can find it here.

Remarks about the file:

There are some minor illegal techniques, but not more illegal than the Unimog's roof. I didn't even notice them when building, I think I could tweak the LDD to include everything, because only some flexible parts would intersect each other with a hair's thickness.

All of these parts are on the body and one above the engine between the shock absorbers, so it should be very easy to build them from the photos.

LDD still misses some obvious parts, like 8070 hubs, 8880 tires and the longest flex rods. The 11M flex rods from the wind-shield frame are also excluded, as I couldn't for the life put them in the right position.

There may be some coloring mistakes in the file, but I also uploaded it to rebrickable, waiting for approval.

Video:

I'd like to thank Kronos for his insight about others' supercars. How heavy they are, how flexible they are etc. it turned out that I'm over-stressing about stiffness and weight, and I could move on and could actually call the model finished.

Edited by Lipko

Looking good!

You could post some more pictures in this topic. You know, because you can be proud of what you build :wink:

I think the back and front are really well done. Front reminds me of a camaro?

Wow. Body work is something I need to improve on and your car has some great "lines". I kind of get a Nissan GT-R vibe from it.

v/r

Andy

Thank YOU for a great supercar to add to my collection. I was more than happy to "help". :wink:

Looks like a Jag mated with a TVR. Very impressive work. With my shitty internet connection, I would certainly love it if you'd post some thumbs also even here or in your Brickshelf gallery:)

Lipko's Red Coupé V12 has been added to Rebrickable. :classic: AFOLs who already own the 8070 Super Car set have 48.2% of the required 2,089 parts. Thanks for sharing your MOC, Mate! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments!

I'm happy that it's featured on the blog, it was a dream for quite a while.

Nice job....I like the desiign a lot..will build this one after Sheepo his landrover.

Hey Lipko,

you already know, that I like this car a lot. But I want to thank you, that you featured the .lxf on Rebrickable.

I also checked the parts list, since I wanted to know how far my collection would be sufficient to build this piece. And I found the wheels to be missing. Just a little hint :wink:

And cheers for being featured on the Lego Car Blog.

I see the nose of a new Mustang. This looks very angry, I love it! :classic:

Yes I completely agree, I knew it looked like something.... couldn't work it out, thought it was a Mitsubishi or an old Aston Martin at first but you're right, it's definitely a current Mustang

Thanks for the comments. The front is actually inspired by Mitsubishy EVO X, but only from memories, the model is not a replica of any particular model. The Lego parts and the body dictated the design. I wanted to build an EVO X replica a year ago, but the EVO X didn't look as agressive and characteristic as I remembered.

Edited by Lipko