WhiteFang

Category 9A Entries - CMFs Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

[CATEGORY 9A Entries]

8516375048_e4c55d23a3_c.jpg

*Special thanks to Eurobricks Bionicle Moderator, Brickthing for the design of the promotional poster*

Category 9A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the brand new 16 Collectable Minifigures from Series 9. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in Category 9A?

8208290676_9b7bc5c739_o.jpg

Cyclops ~ Roman Emperor ~ Alien Avenger ~ Heroic Knight ~ Battle Mech ~ Chicken Suit Guy ~ Policeman ~ Waiter

Judge ~ Mr Good and Evil ~ Plumber ~ Roller Derby Girl ~ Mermaid ~ Fortune Teller ~ Hollywood Starlet ~ Forest Maiden

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY 9A*

Category 9A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CATEGORY 9A - No Series 9 minifigures are required for Category 9A. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 9 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 9 like the Judge's hammer, Heroic Knight's sword, Plumber's plunger, Mermaid's starfish, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 7, 8 OR 9) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry for the respective eligible building category.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Category 9A Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 13th of May, 2013 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last eight days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team

WhiteFang and Rufus

This is for the Knight. The Knight went on a quest to find a Goblin and he went missing!

This is under the theme: Castle

He stand's at the front row here's the link for the picture with the Knight. http://flic.kr/p/dYRdjV

8519598147_b8c559b5d1_n.jpg

Series 9 Knight Vignette by SandMirror38, on Flickr

Here's the Goblin:

8520707744_d804a5aea1_n.jpg

Our Goblin Friend by SandMirror38, on Flickr

A better look at the tree, I wanted to add more snow but I ran out of the pieces: Tree Design

And finaly the vig in all it's snowing glory ;)

8520704270_e17d29ce91_n.jpg

Whole Vignette without figs by SandMirror38, on Flickr

This was very fun and hard as it's so small

Edited by SandMirror38

After seeing people's amazing entries in Eurobricks contests, it's time for me to participate in one as well.

This vignette is for the Fortune Teller, I'd place it in the theme "City". My inspiration was the TV series Carnivàle, which was set in the 1930s, but the vignette could take place in modern times as well, hence "City".

Let's say the fortune teller is a cat freak, and she lives in a traveling carnival trailer with not much space.

8522927655_b5a7a53fcd_c.jpg

No WC available, so a chamber pot will have to do...

8524040716_a49af5557c_c.jpg

Below is the outside of the trailer. (If the half-stud overlap of the door is against the rules, then disregard the last picture from the competition.)

8524040420_c7b69264df_c.jpg

Edited by sgeureka

Right then, this little model would be for the plumber, one of my favorite minifigs.

bathroom.jpg

I know that this might not be as detailed as the other entries, but it cheered me up a lot.

Here's a closer look at what the plumber has done before his break:

picture1.jpg

For some reason, I added an exo-force sticker which warns you about Jet Exhausts to the right of the hole.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Personality disorder

MF: Mr. Good and Evil

jhf2s.jpg

The chain at the base is supposed to illustrate that both sides are connected to each other.. one cannot exist without the other. I know, that's deep.

Here is the vignette with the MF.

After facing off a herd of orcs and making his way to the tower the Brave Knight thinks his quest is finally over, As he climbs the stone steps up the tower the dreams for a moment of the life he will lead when he returns the princess home to her family...

8524438293_4eda5bd1d0_b.jpg

005 by Joker 789, on Flickr

If only he'd been warned of the creature that lurks within the towers walls, Like no other he has seen before this beast will be the knights greatest challenge.

8525552930_82cd3d88ed_b.jpg

006 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Whole Moc

8524438015_25700d95c6_c.jpg

007 by Joker 789, on Flickr

For the plumber:

p3040075.jpg

I guess the theme is fantasy? Maybe it's the plumber's dream(/nightmare!)

The head overhangs the edge by one stud, hopefully that's allowed, but please let me know if it isn't so I can change it :classic:

Minfig: Cyclops

Theme: Fantasy/History

Legend says that on an deserted island lies a treasure deep inside a cave. A treasure which amount no mortal man can imagine. Many adventurers traveled to this island to get hold of the precious goods. No one came back.

In fact this island is guarded, protected. A one-eyed giant looking over this island, keeping the treasure at its place.

Today a new ship arrives under the watchful eye of the guardian.

Full view. The minifig should be located at the lonely stud at the left top of the mountain.

cyclops003.jpg

Forced perspective. The minifig would be blurry in the foreground. This is the intended view to look at the creation.

cyclops004.jpg

Two additional links showing the vig with the minifig.

http://imageshack.us...cyclops002.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...cyclops001.jpg/

My vignette is called "Caesar's Day Out".

Minifig: Roman Emperor

Theme: Historical

8530726947_2b7dbef9c6_z.jpg

8530746873_1009c1a311_z.jpg

8531850712_33e19d8f89_z.jpg

I had great fun building my first MOC. Great seeing all the fantastic creations from previous contests. I suspect Roman emperors didn't keep pet owls, but thought it looked kinda cool perched on his throne.

Here's the link to additional photos, including ones with the minifig:

http://www.flickr.co...157632923467066

Edited by Majoza77

Dr. Jekyll's Laboratory

Designed for Mr. Good and Evil

8546271152_4a2fa35bd9.jpg

The first MOC I've done that I felt comfortable enough with to upload an image to the internet.

Edited by joeshmoe554

Finger lickin' good

Hopefully it's obvious this is for chicken suit guy and is of course town themed.

8543014057_122bbb8f83_c.jpg

Wanted to do something really simple and to the point. Also wanted it to look like it was yanked right out of a larger scene. Hopefully I succeeded with the jigsaw look?

Here's a couple close ups:

8544114964_aa01eec7f5.jpg

8543017743_961218a595.jpg

Comments and Criticism more than welcome.

Clanure

Category: Plumber

Theme: City

Greetings from Canada

As a former plumber myself, I've come across some pretty scary things in drains etc. Need I say more?

As for this poor fellow, he had no idea what to expect when he was called to unplug this toilet!

8547318182_e3c110bfd5_n.jpg

Unexpected visitor by branobrick, on Flickr

8546220819_97a137f648_n.jpg

8546219847_5cee8ece7f_n.jpg

Click link to see the plumber in action!!!

Good luck everyone who enters. so far there is some really good entries. Once again some tough competition.

Thanks for puting this contest on

Edited by branolego

"Alien Conquest Triumphant"

Theme: City/Alien Conquest

Minifig: Alien Avenger

January 2013. The Alien Defense Unit was prepared for the tripods and the saucers. Taking down a battalion of alien troopers posed little difficulty, and Hypaxus-8 was on the verge of surrender. Victory seemed imminent, until the arrival of the Queen and her invincible Alien Avengers. Lego City quickly fell as wave after wave of Avenger arrived, the ADU's weapons unable to penetrate their impregnable armor...

AlienConquest12_zpsad0e336f.jpg

The survivors have taken to hiding in the sewers. "Hello...can anyone hear me? ...don't know how long I can talk...don't know how close they are. I've been hiding for weeks...the troopers are everywhere. Barely alive...hope that they can't detect my fire down here. Need to find a weapon...something...hope to get out of the city before they can find me. Please...is anyone out there...? Does anyone know a safe way out of the city...?"

AlienConquest10_zpsb2698fa6.jpg

Close-up of the devastation. The ADU barely knew what hit them.

AlienConquest9_zps957ba112.jpg

Click here to see the Alien Avenger in his glorious victory! Feedback, comments, and rules compliance warnings are appreciated.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

We're going to need a bigger boat ..........

We had some fun coming up with this one (myself and son), I see I'm not the 1st with this idea but here it is anyways ....

1.jpg

3.jpg

flickr is offering up some views as to how this moc would look with the missing fig.

Minifigure: Plumber

I was working on this projest for a while and when i heard there was a conteset i knew I had to enter it!

8555198227_6089be9f6e.jpg8555190493_38ff6d3595.jpg

minifig: Fortune Teller

Theme: Monster Fighters

Our Fortune Teller has just moved in her new flat- During her first seance is going to discover that her neighbors don't like very much to be bothered...

8649251276_79119166aa_b.jpg

8649250754_b8d3c2099e_b.jpg

8648147099_87a10b7775_b.jpg

with minifig

Edited by genecyst

Minifig: Chicken guy suit

Theme: city / adventure

Our butcher has decide to make the Chicken Quest! The goal of this quest is obviously to catch the Giant Chicken!

So brace your self and take your weapons, it is time to hunt some chicken! I do believe he got advices from Sam ; ) (LOTR)

8573803624_4e1e1c01e3_z.jpg

Front view

8572711565_1458036231_z.jpg

Back view

8573804584_03f500cf54_z.jpg

Time to attak!

Well for now this is not the chicken you are looking for...

Better luck next time!

Harton

Title: Frankenstein's What?

Minifigure: Chicken Suit Guy

Theme: Fantasy/Sci-Fi

Series 5 Mad Scientist is at it again! He's created the ultimate laboratory for creating what we know as the Chicken Suit Guy. On one half of his lab, he breeds chickens. They live in a little coup and wait their turn to collaborate with some poor prisoner.

On the left half of the lab, the scientist has his control panel and prisoner. The prisoner lays chained to a stretcher with a tube stuck to his head. This tube is where the chicken DNA is transported. The result of this mad experiment is a funny little human chicken!

8576116954_d5883216f6_c.jpg

The tan chicken is the scientist's henchmen who overseas the other chickens.

8576116900_627c8f93fb_c.jpg

The unlucky prisoner doesn't seem to excited to be chained and handcuffed to a stretcher. Hopefully he'll understand after all is said and done.

8575022301_85bab2236c_c.jpg

Here's a view without the minifigures so more of the vignette can be seen. The control panel consists of a screen, keyboard, gauge, red emergency shutoff, and a tube connection; oh, and a crazy beaker which holds some of the madness. The stretcher can swivel up and down, to an extent.

To see more photos of this and other entries, visit my flickr.

Edited to change theme.

Edited by pillpod

"1st drop in"

Minifig: Roller Derby Girl

Hopefully not her last drop in! ;-)

8580246545_c61c25ba2e_c.jpg

Check out the picture with the minifig, I built this 'home' for.

Good luck to all participants and thanks to the EB staff for organisation! :thumbup:

So long,

Jens

Good idea: Opening an upscale chicken themed restaurant. Bad idea: Opening one up in the same neighborhood as Chickenville!. Bring it on down to Chickenville! If you don't get it I recommend watching any episode of Saturday Night Live where Justin Timberlake was the host. Then it will make sense. Also you will have been entertained. You're welcome. More pictures of the Chicken guy here. This fits in nicely with City.

(Edit) It was brought to my attention on flickr that I missed a key component, so I've uploaded some new pictures and I'm updating them here.

8594394472_b2914059b4.jpg

8593293891_62c2b34512.jpg

8593293241_9c2c4fba9a.jpg

Edited by DrLegostar

Cafe Terrace at Night

Minifig: Waiter

This entry was inspired by Van Gogh's famous painting Cafe Terrace at Night. That seems like the perfect location for a French waiter.

cafe_at_night.jpg

Follow this link to see the entry with the waiter minifig.

"The Outlaw's Hideout"

This entry is designed for the Forest Maiden. It's her base of operations with one of the King's captains having a drink underneath with his esquire guarding him. She slowly and quietly slides down a liana to ambush them.

The tree in the back is built using the leaf-weaving technique shared by Katie Walker in the last Hispabrick.

8642560003_6c87a295b7_z.jpg

My first posted MOC by SioulSerrot, on Flickr

8642563341_52ee0f1751_z.jpg

8642561537_f49087813c_z.jpg