WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

It is a kind of EB CMF tradition! Don't you find it nostalgic? :wink:

Sure I do! :grin: I just wasn't sure if nostalgia/tradition was the only reason behind it. Thanks.

For info: The rules in the first post is as 'clear' as it is. I always strive to make my rules as clear as possible and I don't really allow or encouraging participants to skirt around my rules without reasonable safe assumption. Just a pointer for all to note.

For the participants for Category 7A, 8A and 9A: I have noticed a few of the participants have violated the rules and I will urge participants to re-examine your entry once more, together with the contest rules. If your entry is found to be non-compliance against the rules, then it will be deem as pending until corrections is done OR the entry is deem as disqualified as it approaches the contest deadline. In that aspect, please give it a reasonable near-close deadline of 7 to 14 days.

Naturally, that makes me worried that I'm one of the offenders. So for clearup,

2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.

E.g the elements 4175 and 64390 overhang by design, but technically are neither tree limbs nor minifig accessories. So are they allowed to overhang the 8x8 studs, yes or no? Thanks.

Edited by sgeureka

"An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it"

Does this mean that I can upload another picture with the minifigure in it?

No, that does not mean that you can upload another picture with the intended minifigure in it. However, you may leave a link for others to view and see if they are interested, but I do not allow deeplinks within the entries thread.

Second question: I understand that I cannot use a minifigure stand to show where it should be. Can I use a blank minifigure?

No placeholder is allowed for the intended minifigure even though it is just a blank one! That is one of the challenges for this building contest.

Sorry for these questions but I don't want to make any mistakes.

Is there a limit in the number of minifigures I can include in a vignette?

Thanks...

No, there is no limit on the numbers of minifigures for each entry.

Naturally, that makes me worried that I'm one of the offenders. So for clearup,

2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.

E.g the elements 4175 and 64390 overhang by design, but technically are neither tree limbs nor minifig accessories. So are they allowed to overhang the 8x8 studs, yes or no? Thanks.

Yes, such elements are allowed, as tree limbs or minifigures accessories are some examples. However, the rule stating not exceed not more than 2 studs outside is not to be challenged, even though I may state it as a thin guideline.

I'm still very confused, so we are suppose to build a vig for a certain minifig from a certain Series but cannot use parts from that Series, only ones from previous Series? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever…

I believe it is to help get the creative juices flowing. It makes you a stronger builder by limiting what you have. Basically so you can still get the point across without the obvious accessory/figure. It's just for fun and I believe that is how the guidelines have been for all the series previously, so it's been successful in the past by doing it this way.

I believe it is to help get the creative juices flowing. It makes you a stronger builder by limiting what you have. Basically so you can still get the point across without the obvious accessory/figure. It's just for fun and I believe that is how the guidelines have been for all the series previously, so it's been successful in the past by doing it this way.

So, in theory, could I build a MOC with a Galaxy Patrol and a vig for it and enter it for the Series 8 one? Or how exactly does that work?

Sweet! I might enter this. So how does this work? I am still kinda confused. I can't include the series minifigure I am basing the MOC off of?

So, in theory, could I build a MOC with a Galaxy Patrol and a vig for it and enter it for the Series 8 one? Or how exactly does that work?

Sweet! I might enter this. So how does this work? I am still kinda confused. I can't include the series minifigure I am basing the MOC off of?

I would suggest both of you check out the entry threads, there have already been some nice entries posted, I think you'll soon see what the idea is. Basically, you build a vig for a fig but without using the fig itself (or any pieces from that series and above).

I think there should also be a trophy prize! I really want a LEGO contest trophy. I started working on my entry today! I'm actually pretty proud of it!

If a piece is used in both CMF and non-CMF sets in the same color but with a different part ID (according to Bricklink), and mine most likely is from the CMF, will I be disqualified for using it? Specifically, I used a light pink flower without realizing that it in all probability came from the Bride (S7) in my S7 vig. Brickset lists in in it's own ID category, however there are other light pink flowers from other sets (just with a different ID). Do I need to change the flower? (I'd go ahead and do it anyways, but I've already photographed it and the pictures turned out pretty good.)

I would suggest both of you check out the entry threads, there have already been some nice entries posted, I think you'll soon see what the idea is. Basically, you build a vig for a fig but without using the fig itself (or any pieces from that series and above).

That's strongly encouraged.

I think there should also be a trophy prize! I really want a LEGO contest trophy. I started working on my entry today! I'm actually pretty proud of it!

Unfortunately, there is no provision made for such prizes.

If a piece is used in both CMF and non-CMF sets in the same color but with a different part ID (according to Bricklink), and mine most likely is from the CMF, will I be disqualified for using it? Specifically, I used a light pink flower without realizing that it in all probability came from the Bride (S7) in my S7 vig. Brickset lists in in it's own ID category, however there are other light pink flowers from other sets (just with a different ID). Do I need to change the flower? (I'd go ahead and do it anyways, but I've already photographed it and the pictures turned out pretty good.)

Are you refer to the petal or the stalk? If it is the stalk, then it is a problem as it first appear in S7 Bride and Hippie.

...Are you refer to the petal or the stalk? If it is the stalk, then it is a problem as it first appear in S7 Bride and Hippie.

The petal, yes I am aware that the stalk has not been used elsewhere.

Hi i'm seriousely not sure bout something. I was wondering if this is against the rules. If it is I will immediately edit this part of my entry.

8555407675_abb069e625_m.jpg

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was wondering if the speakers (and the light attached to one of them) was in violation of the 7a rules

The petal, yes I am aware that the stalk has not been used elsewhere.

Thanks. It will be alright then.

Hi i'm seriousely not sure bout something. I was wondering if this is against the rules. If it is I will immediately edit this part of my entry.

8555407675_abb069e625_m.jpg

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was wondering if the speakers (and the light attached to one of them) was in violation of the 7a rules

Do you have a larger picture? I can't view it clearly due to its size.

I am concerned about the speakers (and the light attached to one) breaking the rules, so I need to know if it's against the contest rules I will change the top so the speakers don't overhang if they're against the rules. The pic is in the post above and in my entry. Thanks

Edited by lkjhfsa

I was wondering about one point. If I'm doing something about the businessman can I use a suitcase of an other colour... because the business man actually come with a brown one, so of course I just want to be sure ton be disqualified. Thank you.

I was wondering about one point. If I'm doing something about the businessman can I use a suitcase of an other colour... because the business man actually come with a brown one, so of course I just want to be sure ton be disqualified. Thank you.

Pretty sure you could even use a brown one if you wanted, 'cause they've made brown ones before. For example I made an entry for the Series 8 Football player, and I'm using the facemask on a normal blue helmet in my vig. This should be fine, seeing as the facemask was from the Series 4 Hockey Player long before Series 8 came out.

I am concerned about the speakers (and the light attached to one) breaking the rules, so I need to know if it's against the contest rules I will change the top so the speakers don't overhang if they're against the rules. The pic is in the post above and in my entry. Thanks

It's acceptable, as long you let those speakers remain intact in that position.

I don't think the Businessman suitcase for the brown colour is actually something new? It is not in a new colour as well, so it is definitely allowed.

So, I think I finally figured this out.

So I could make a Vig for a Space Marine but I must leave the Space Marine out and let the viewer guess what's suppose to be there? Is that the point, or is it that I can make a Vig with/for anything aslong as it doesn't use pieces from X Series?

Also, where should entries be posted?

Edited by The_Creator

So, I think I finally figured this out.

So I could make a Vig for a Space Marine but I must leave the Space Marine out and let the viewer guess what's suppose to be there?

Bingo :wink:. That's the whole point, yes. Make a vig for one of the CMF figs from those series, then just take the fig out for the photo.

Also, where should entries be posted?

Try the respective entry thread :wink:

No, that does not mean that you can upload another picture with the intended minifigure in it. However, you may leave a link for others to view and see if they are interested, but I do not allow deeplinks within the entries thread.

Hi Whitefang, thanks for all the answers to the questions. I wasn't quite sure with your answer above. Can I just confirm that you are allowed to link to an outside gallery with pics of the vignette with the intended minifig in it?

I'm also not sure what you mean by "deeplinks within the entries thread". What are deeplinks?