ProfessorChaos

[MOC] Royal Town Palace

At last my royal town palace is finished! I hope you like it :classic:

A royal wedding takes place in the great hall, with nobles and townsfolk attending.

More wine is arriving as a wine merchant is just approaching the city gates, guarded by the the city guard.

Peasants go about their work, and a jester is entertaining a small crowd at the fountain.

You can find more pictures here:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=523475

https://secure.flick...57632860070089/

palace1_800.jpg

palace2_800.jpg

palace3_800.jpg

palace8_800.jpg

palace12_800.jpg

palace9_800.jpg

palace10_800.jpg

palace16_800.jpg

palace18_800.jpg

palace15_800.jpg

palace25_800.jpg

palace29_800.jpg

palace30__800.jpg

palace24_800.jpg

palace33_800.jpg

palace17_800.jpg

Edited by ProfessorChaos

This is a great MOC! I love the Gothic-like building itself, especially windows and columns there. The throne room with its tiled floor is simply a masterpiece! And the pattern on the back roof looks beautiful. Houses on a slope looks very realistic, too.

Wow. Massive, but incredible detail and a lot of interesting techniques. Loving the use of many different parts for ornamental purposes! Great work. :)

I love the level of detail that captures your interest even on such a massive MOC. The stained glass effects are wonderful and the landscaping and the way the castle is set into the rock is really well done. Great work!!!!

Very nice! I like the two halls and the fountain, the walls the rocks, and the.. Great job! I have followed this build and it's great that it's finally finished. :thumbup:

Such a beautiful very large castle! It is all the little details that make it so great!

The grey and tan roof, the tan and grey outside wall, the stained glass windows. The tile in the great hall.

How did you outline he tiles?

When I saw the windows in the hall the first thing I thought of was an electronic game from the 1980's called Simon. Anybody remember Simon?

Andy D

Nothing short of amazing! I especially like St.George (even with the English red cross on white shield) and those Rohan shields are a perfect match for the last Dragon knights. Have to remember that...

May I ask where the dragon's head is coming from, the one St.G slays?

Very nice all round! I've enjoyed seeing this MOC evolve over the past few weeks.

Great job, ProfessorChaos!

This MOC looks really grand and classicly medieval. The shields used on the roof are a great detail, and I really like the different tiles you used for the floor as well as the colourful stained-glass windows.

Thank you very much, i am glad you like it :classic:

The dragon´s head is from this Castle set: http://lego.wikia.co...7037_Tower_Raid

Got it out of a bag of used parts i bought at the mauerpark flea market in berlin^^

As to the floor tiling, its actally quite simple: if you add one tile on top of a 1x2 brick and a 1x2 plate on the bottom you get a sqare with 10 LDU side length.

Every second one of thise is then angled at 90 degrees when laying the floor. On the way to the throne i just used long white tiles.

Under the tiling i just laid a white wall, and left some space for the interior to be added later on. ( and hide the reverse of the inverted slopes on the wall in the process)

PS: i really like the grey pillars, allredy stocked up on them for my next project :wink:

palace4_800.jpg

palace5_800.jpg

palace6_800.jpg

Edited by ProfessorChaos

Quite impressive work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the interior of the palace and the style of the roof :wink:

Impressive scale. I love the story that is being told with the build.

My favorite parts are the stained glass window with the inverted cheese slopes, that is very clever. I may have to borrow that sometime if I ever find a reason to build a stained glass window. I love how it is sitting on a rock formation, it flows really well there. The angled pathway to the front doors is clever and works really well. The tiling on the floor is really neat since it is different than how people normally do tiled floors. The arches in the great hall makes it look grander.

My least favorite is the mish-mash of colors used in the walls and roofing. The patterned roof is neat and I actually like how the red roof looks (and the black), but something feels amiss when they are both in the same build. And then also dark bley roofing thrown in. I'm not sure how accurate that is, I just am a fan of uniformity. That's probably why I don't MOC as much as I'd like.

But either way, the build is great. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, this is epic. The floor, the windows, the roofs, all just totally cool!!

Impressive scale. I love the story that is being told with the build.

My favorite parts are the stained glass window with the inverted cheese slopes, that is very clever. I may have to borrow that sometime if I ever find a reason to build a stained glass window. I love how it is sitting on a rock formation, it flows really well there. The angled pathway to the front doors is clever and works really well. The tiling on the floor is really neat since it is different than how people normally do tiled floors. The arches in the great hall makes it look grander.

My least favorite is the mish-mash of colors used in the walls and roofing. The patterned roof is neat and I actually like how the red roof looks (and the black), but something feels amiss when they are both in the same build. And then also dark bley roofing thrown in. I'm not sure how accurate that is, I just am a fan of uniformity. That's probably why I don't MOC as much as I'd like.

But either way, the build is great. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing!

Indeed, one of my favourite parts of the whole building process was experimenting with these chesse slope windows.

It was then done with a three deep wall where i slided the windows inside and fixed them on the bottom with double cheese slopes^^

There is one great advantage when the front doors are angled at 90 degrees to the pathway:

you can´t get enough momentum to smash them with for example.. war elephants (or a battering ram in this case).

Jodhpur Fort in India is a good example, its also built this way there.

Yes, i think you are right about the colors of the roofs. It was just a matter of to many roofs and not enough parts to do them in a more uniform manner.

Love the moc. What stands out for me are the flooring, the outercastle wall and the fountain. Good job.

Very nice work. I particularly like the tile floor. I think it is very nice how you made this moc feel very heterogenous. With all of the different materials of r the different sections it gives the feel that it was built/rebuilt, added on to over the years.

Absolutely amazing! Between the technique for the stained glass windows, the fountain and the interior among other details, I'm extremely impressed. This one MOC is a world of inspiration!