lightningtiger

MOC - Dodge Truck Dealership

It now continues here another w-i-p.......

000000_dodge_dealer_199.jpg

This of course more to come.....I have left room for at least one vehicle.

A roof is coming soon.....hopefully tomorrow.

Comments welcome ! :classic:

Hi 'LT',

Good to see you here on the otherside too :)

Looking good as usual! That road sign in enourmous haha nice work!! :D

Thanks for the positive vibes 'timmyc1983'.....nice to see you here too ! :classic:

And remember things that are big in America can be big in Canada too ! :laugh:

Keep watching ! :classic:

Nice work as usual lightning, do you know if the 'brick effect' 2x1s come in any other shades or colours yet? Can't wait to see it populated!

Thanks for the positive vibes 'gazumpty' and I believe those bricks are currently available in three colours.

More tomorrow......though I do need some ideas for a Dodge truck to go in the yard there ? :blush:

Thanks 'Aussie BJ' for the suggestion......white side wall tyres might be a problem ? :look:

Perhaps in a few days I do some scratching around in LDD eh ? :blush:

Thanks 'Aussie BJ' for the suggestion......white side wall tyres might be a problem ? :look:

Perhaps in a few days I do some scratching around in LDD eh ? :blush:

Ah yes those white walls are always a pain, has anyone tried liquid paper?

The "brick" bricks come in 4 colors so far, Dark Bluish Grey, Dark Tan, Light Bluish Grey and Medium Dark Flesh. Dark Bluish Grey is the rarest color (appearing only in one LOTR set to date)

The "brick" bricks come in 4 colors so far, Dark Bluish Grey, Dark Tan, Light Bluish Grey and Medium Dark Flesh. Dark Bluish Grey is the rarest color (appearing only in one LOTR set to date)

Gee, I build some LOTR sets last year and didn't notice them, :blush::laugh:

Edit - Thanks 'scottwb2010' for your kind words too. :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

I'm sure there is a thread kicking about in 'Town' with a really nice vintage car build with custom white walls...i'll have a scan and see.

I'm sure there is a thread kicking about in 'Town' with a really nice vintage car build with custom white walls...i'll have a scan and see.

Well, thanks anyway.....though I was thinking actually of a real truck maybe not a pick up as such but I'll scratch around and see what designs I like.

Keep watching.....like a broken record aren't I when I keep writing that eh ? :laugh:

Ah, that's the one.....thanks for the find 'gazumpty'......it may take a while thanks to 'LCM's gas station battle but I'll try a.s.a.p. :blush:

Damn...your on to me and my evil distraction plan! I've never tried an MOC car but I might have a wee punt at this one. Though in a strictly helping another EB guy out. Need to be careful or another competition will spring out of this conversation. :laugh:

To be honest I see a lot of single MOC posts and then lots of comments replying and saying nice things and suggesting changes. I feel a new thread of collaborative input where some MOC ideas can be helped along with other MOC's etc. Plus it could help the newbies :blush: (myself included) feel less intimidated when viewing more experienced work.

Thanks for the positive vibes 'monsinjor', the truck might be a little while away.....like a few weeks thanks to this war that's about to start. :wink:

Of course, my recent work has been great practice towards such a thing happening......so I'm going to have fun !

In saying that I will finish the dealership building off over the next week or so........better keep watching my updates everyone ! :wink:

P.S. I wait to see your MOC'ed vehicle 'gazumpty'......Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

Very nice MOC LT, I actually work at a Dodge dealership so this one hits home for me. We have that exact same "5 star, Dodge, Dodge trucks" sign, which is actually outdated now that Dodge trucks are sold under the Ram brand.

*mumbles angrily* #¤#"%"££$@€@#¤€@$Dodge....

;)

Great work - can't wait to see more! :)

Thanks 'bootz' and 'Bregir' for your comments.......now it is an old dealer so that sign would be from the 1970's......heck, in outback Oz we have defunct service station company signs everywhere still.

There will be more work done to this early next week, but bear in mind of the great gas station war could start next week ! :grin:

It's being a while but it's coming together nicely......

1365306829m_SPLASH.jpg

Still some tiling to be done inside and out......my only problem is a vehicle and Railshow is five days a way....... :wacko: ...... :laugh:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Edit - had to upload image to MOCpages.....Brickshelf is down for the first time in a year I think.

Edited by lightningtiger

I feel obliged to post being Canadian...

Good job! You definitely should add a Shopper Drug Mart, and then a Tim Hortons.

There must always be a Tim Hortons....Always...

Another coffee nut eh ? Sadly time will not allow me this time perhaps later on.......I still must create a big sign to go across the front to say what it is......keep watching ! :classic: