Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Four

"The theme is your face." Stacy says.

All themes were cancelled after Day Two.

Hum.... Interesting points were made here; I think the fact that Michael is pretty much asking to be lynched is very bizarre and as a result of that and the very odd investigation result I shall:

Unvote: Michael (badboytje88)

Vote: Betty (Ferrik)

I'm sorry but not to be rude, but because you called me out for not paying attention, I would just like to mention that I had said that Michael asking to be lynched was weird a while ago, actually. Pay attention. :tongue:

In case you felt offended or something, I hope you realize I was kidding, Jack. :classic:

I think you may be confusing the Godfather role with that of a cult leader, who often starts alone and recruits; a godfather is usually the leader of a team of scum at the start of the game. Yes, they may be able to convert, but that isn't the point here - the point is that the godfather often appears town to investigation. The uninvestigatable result is unusual, though, and suggests more a 'ninja' role. There was a Ninja godfather in IMHOTEP.

Thank you for explaining that to me. You're completely right, I did have the roles confused :blush:.

It is my understanding that Innocents come up as Innocent when investigated. That is why the result is odd. Michael is a thief, yes, but he doesn't appear to be able to harm us, and we know who he is and he's not going anywhere. Betty remains a suspicious unknown. Until we're able to be reasonably sure she isn't doing us harm, I'd rather we sorted this out.

Don't get me wrong, there is a great case against Betty and I'm not trying to protect her. I don't like what's going on with her situation and will change my vote if it is necesary to get a conviction. I just think that Michael is the more serious of the two targets. We do know that Michael was converted but we don't know if it is a one shot deal or if he can continue to use it. Yesterday we were told that it only happened because Holly found Michael but they could have been lying on this point to avoid making us target them. If we wait for a vig to get him tonight, we run the risk of something happening to the vig or Michael being able to convert before he is killed. I would feel safer leaving Betty in the hands of the vig, since there is no reason to believe that scum can convert.

"The theme is your face." Stacy says.

All themes were cancelled after Day Two.

What the heck kind of a cruise cancells the entertainment just because a couple of guests end up dead?

Well, Diane, I have been more quiet since the last time we played, only because I'm busy too. I can't just sit around the cruise all day to discuss who to lynch for the day. You can't expect me to answer all your questions or discuss straight away.

Also, if you look at my voting patterns, there really isn't anything that suspicious. The only vote you could say is suspicious is voting for Michael yesteday, but I already said that I voted for him because I didn't believe him and wanted to lynch him. On Day 2, I voted for Mary together with many other people because of her strange voting, ie. changing votes straight away when asked why they did not vote for someone they had suspicions of.

Also to those that think I may be some kind of "Ninja Godfather" I am definitely not one. I know it may seem like the perfect reason but I have no ability that helps me evade investigation at all.

We can always continue these accusations later, but for now I think we should vote for Michael as he is confirmed to be a thief, while you all just have suspicions about me, so that would be unwise.

Well to me you're arousing suspicion too, if you think that it's not right for me to defend myself. Everyone wanted me to speak up more and defend myself, which is why I'm trying to so and here you are trying to say I'm trying "too hard".

The point of a mafia is to try an find the right person to lynch an if you are accused to defend yourself. I really don't understand why you would say something like that, please add more to your comment.

I have started to defend myself further because many people have been saying that my defence was weak so why not defend yourself more?

Betty, the problem is that you are attempting to us "I can't defend myself" to your advantage. It's not really working. I understand you're busy, but I think it shouldn't be hard to make more than 4 statements a day, even if you're busy. Sorry.

And Lauren, saying that someone trying to avoid suspicion is suspicious is equal to asking Betty a whore for a hug. Isn't it everybody's goal to avoid suspicion, town or not? Seriously, you can't expect someone to say: "Crap I'm suspicious! Let's cause more suspicion towards me!"

I meant "use" not "us" at the beginning of my statement.

I'm sorry but not to be rude, but because you called me out for not paying attention, I would just like to mention that I had said that Michael asking to be lynched was weird a while ago, actually. Pay attention. :tongue:

In case you felt offended or something, I hope you realize I was kidding, Jack. :classic:

I know you did ... and I took it in consideration while reconsidering my vote.

I am not offended, don't worry! :wink:

Betty, have you given up? It seems to me that you barely participated in any of the discussions surrounding the lynches and the suspicions.

Give us your impressions on the game so far; if you feel you cannot defend yourself then indulge us and tell us whom your main suspects are ... give us anything!

The point of a mafia is to try an find the right person to lynch

Yes.

an if you are accused to defend yourself.

Yes ... if you're scum. If you're town, you should be active in the process of trying to find the right person to lynch, in which case you don't have to defend yourself - because your actions speak for themselves. Scum like to lie low and avoid suspicion where possible, but be ready to defend themselves if accused. Your attitude here reeks of 'scum mindset'.

But there's more.

I also don't have any "special" night actions that could somehow stop me being investigated.

I have no ability that helps me evade investigation at all.

You know what this suggests? It says, 'I have an action - just not one that helps me evade investigation.'

I wondered whether you might have a townie action, so I asked you privately if you had an action, and suggested it would be helpful to know so that we wouldn't have to have the tracker waste an action on you tonight. At no point have you said, publicly or privately, 'I am innocent'; you've read my PM at least twice but you haven't replied. That was 24 hours ago.

Here's what answer I would expect if you were a townie: one of, 'No, I'm vanilla town'; or, 'Yes, I'm the <role>'; or, 'Yes, but I don't trust you enough to tell you'; or even, 'Sorry, but I'm not answering that. How do I know you're not scum?' Any of these answers we could work with; from you, nothing. Nada. You've posted in the thread - reiterating the same old tired old empty 'defences', several times since I sent you that message.

I have no ability that helps me evade investigation at all.

There's another - more subtle - point here, revolving around the use of the word 'evade'. A townie wouldn't need to 'evade' anything. Your use of the word here suggests the concept was in your mind - because you're guilty, or because it was there all along in your role PM.

Some good analysis there Phil. My vote went on Betty early on and she has done nothing to make me wish to change it. I think we still have a couple of people left to vote and I know it's close between Michael and Betty. I hope we can get a majority here.

I'm still on the fence whether we should take a risk with Betty when we know we must lynch Michael sooner or later as well, but Phil has some convincing points, and getting no lynch at all is the worst case scenario. So I'm going to do yet another switcheroo, and

Unvote: Michael (badboytje) for the umphteenth time, and

Vote: Betty (Ferrik)

Vote Count:

Michael / badboytje88: 4 (TinyPiesRUs, TheBoyWonder, Captain Genaro, Capt.Redblade)

Betty / Ferrik: 9 (Scubacarrot, ADHO15, badboytje88, Rumble Strike, Rufus, The Legonater, TrumpetKing67, Piratedave84, Sandy)

With 14 players left, a 8 votes are needed for a lynch. Therefore, Betty / Ferrik has been convicted. A day conclusion will be posted shortly.

Get in those night actions!

Edited by Bob