Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Four

I know, I'm trying to think of other possibilities, but there truth is no-one really has a clue why the investigation result didn't turn up. Most people are thinking that there may be a day blocker or maybe I have some special ability, which I don't. When there isn't much to talk about, what else is there to say?

I'm trying to respond to the accusations but if you think there is no other reason, then couldn't that suggest to you that I might actually not be a their?

According to the investigator, they investigated Betty and were told: 'You're unable to determine his allegiance'.

I can think of several explanations:

1. Betty is a scum godfather but uninvestigatable as opposed to giving a reverse result;

2. Betty is has ninja-like response to investigation, which might imply she is neutral (we don't yet know what happens when neutrals are investigated);

3. The investigator was blocked (but with a day action, that seems less likely);

4. The result was tampered with, in some kind of not-quite-framer action (requires a bit of luck);

5. The investigator is lying.

I think 3 and 4 are less likely. We need Betty to be utterly open and honest with us to determine if 1 or 2 are possible. 5 would require the 'investigator' to have sacrificed a team-mate (Bristol) to maintain the ruse; is that likely? :sceptic:

Notice Betty doesn't even claim to be or try to confirm herself as Town. I know there isn't much for her to defend against, but I would think most of us would at least manage to slip that in. None of it is much to go on, but I can't really think of a good reason why an Innocent would give that result and so; neutral, scum or whatever; I doubt we'd lose much from lynching her.

Unvote: Michael (badboytje88)

Vote: Betty (Ferrik)

that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a thief.

Well I did say this, which if I phrased another way would be saying "I'm town." I know it's not much, but I was mostly concerned with dealing with everyone asking questions about why the investigation of me did not turn up with a result.

In a situation like this with so many different factions, excluding Thief (which you're obviously going to do) doesn't narrow it down a lot. It's definitely not the same as claiming to be Town.

And it hardly took all your effort to say 'I don't know' and repeat everyone else's theories.

I'm going to vote for Betty also. Her defence is weak and the day investigator confirmed Bristol yesterday. We shall see what being uninvestigatable means, it should be a useful piece of info for us to determine people's allegience with so many neutrals around.

Uh, I have a bad feeling about this Betty-business... I'd rather not take a risk with possibly voting out an innocent at this point, so I'm going to

Vote: Michael (badboytje)

We don't know how the night actions work for a neutral yet. Phil, I am worried that the day investigator is a liar. So far, he has brought us a scum, and that could mean that he is scum and this was a ploy. However, this makes more sense for him to be town, because he brought us Bristol's results, giving us the lynch. While he was justified, he might be "getting" these results because he is scum, and not town. We'll have to see who the supposed "day investigator" is if we want to find out, but the name will need to be kept secret until he investigates somebody as town or neutral, and when/ if they die, they are town/neutral. We can't rely only on his scum results to be a strong town. Betty's defenses are weak, but Michael basically said he has to outnumber the town, possibly meaning there are more amateur thieves. My vote stays.

We don't know how the night actions work for a neutral yet. Phil, I am worried that the day investigator is a liar. So far, he has brought us a scum, and that could mean that he is scum and this was a ploy. However, this makes more sense for him to be town, because he brought us Bristol's results, giving us the lynch. While he was justified, he might be "getting" these results because he is scum, and not town. We'll have to see who the supposed "day investigator" is if we want to find out, but the name will need to be kept secret until he investigates somebody as town or neutral, and when/ if they die, they are town/neutral. We can't rely only on his scum results to be a strong town. Betty's defenses are weak, but Michael basically said he has to outnumber the town, possibly meaning there are more amateur thieves. My vote stays.

Yes but your theory would imply that the "scum" day investigator meatshielded with only one or 2 people left in his team ... I see this as unlikely; don't you think?

That being said, I pushed for it yesterday and there is no reason for me not to do the same today; I shall

Vote: Michael (Badboytje)

Should things change, there is ample time to revert my vote

I still also stand by Micheal as the best target for lynch.

Vote: Michael (Badboytje)

A confirmed non town is better than a possible not town.

A confirmed non town is better than a possible not town.

And yet you voted for Bristol yesterday. :laugh:

Any reason why we should trust you to speak for the investigator, Phil?

I'm surprised no-one picked up on this:

According to the investigator, they investigated Betty and were told: 'You're unable to determine his allegiance'.

I don't know how Bob frames his results, but this struck me as a little odd - Betty being a woman and all. Unless she really has been hiding something from us. :look:

Yes but your theory would imply that the "scum" day investigator meatshielded with only one or 2 people left in his team ... I see this as unlikely; don't you think?

Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible. Bear in mind that Bristol had already been accused when the investigator chose to investigate her, though you could argue that the result swung the lynch firmly onto Bristol.

Any reason why we should trust you to speak for the investigator, Phil?

You'll have to use your own judgment. I've presented the investigator's result as told to me; I'm not sure I believe it, and I'm certainly not asking you to - but everyone's opinion can only be helpful, surely?

The trouble with lynching Betty is it will tell us nothing about the investigator; Betty seems reluctant to tell us much about herself, which doesn't help. :sceptic:

The trouble with lynching Betty is it will tell us nothing about the investigator; Betty seems reluctant to tell us much about herself, which doesn't help. :sceptic:

But if the investigator couldn't get a reading on Betty, then that's something to go on. For today, what other lynch could we do that tells us something about the investigator?

But if the investigator couldn't get a reading on Betty, then that's something to go on. For today, what other lynch could we do that tells us something about the investigator?

It was more a comment on the investigator's result than on the choice of lynch.

I don't know how Bob frames his results,

It occurs to me that this could be misinterpreted. What I meant was, 'I don't know how Bob's results are worded'.

This is what Richard handily did for us yesterday, I will update it with what we know. Please correct me if I get anything wrong.

To make it a bit clearer, here is a list of surviving crew and passengers that have apparently not been confirmed Innocent:

Betty (Passenger) - Played by Waterbrick Down/Ferrik - uninvestigatable by day investigator, under suspicion

Bill (First Officer) - Played by Capt. Redblade

Bristol (Lounge Singer) - Played by Peanuts - Scum, lynched

George (Passenger) - Played by The Legonater

Holly (Passenger) - Played by Nightshroud99 - Amateur Thief, killed

Jack (Medical Officer) - Played by Piratedave84

Michael (Passenger) - Played by badboytje88 - Claimed Amateur Thief, under suspicion

Phil (Passenger) - Played by Rufus

Richard (Passenger) - Played by ADHO15

Stacy (Cruise Director) - Played by Sandy - I seem to remember her being cleared as Scum, will have to try and find the quote

Susan (Passenger) - Played by TinyPiesRUs

Thomas (Passenger) - Captain Genaro

Timothy (Passenger) - Played by Palathadric - Innocent, vig killed

And those that have:

Alice (Passenger) - Played by Rumble Strike

Barbara (Passenger) - Played by Def - Master Criminal, killed

Diane (Passenger) - Played by TrumpetKing67

Lauren (Lifeguard) - Played by Scubacarrot

Mary (Passenger) - Played by TheBoyWonder

Michael's admittance that the Amateur Thieves have to outnumber the Town throws a spanner in the works of the 'confirmed not Scum' list a little, as there could easily be several Amateur Thieves in it. We don't know if they know any more names than just their partner, so it may be that this is a way for them to reach out to each other via their soft investigation.

I've been trying to ascertain privately whether Betty is town or not, but she seems disinclined to be helpful. Hopefully some pressure will encourage her.

I'll vote for Betty, for the same reason as yesterday - a possible scum with the capabilities to hinder us is a better target than a confirmed scum who has won and need not hinder us.

Vote Count:

Michael / badboytje88: 5 (TinyPiesRUs, TrumpetKing67, Sandy, Piratedave84, TheBoyWonder)

Betty / Ferrik: 6 (Scubacarrot, ADHO15, badboytje88, Rumble Strike, Rufus, The Legonater)

With 14 players left, a 8 votes are needed for a lynch.

Edited by Bob

I have no problem lynching Michael since he would be of no loss to the town and it appears that his victory conditions require more dead townies.

Vote: Michael/Badboytje88

I still need to get a couple of things cleared up before I can feel comfortable voting for Betty. Yes, she has a weak defense, but, in her defense, there is not much she can do to defend herself if she is telling the truth. I don't think she is a godfather (one of the possible explanations for the result). Pierre was scum on night 1 and I don't think that he would have been converted and allowed to kill on the same night. I also don't want to vote for her since we know from yesterday that scum do come up as scum when investigated. Sure she might be a Master Criminal, but if we're going to vote for thiefs, then why don't we vote for Michael, who has admitted to being a thief.

:blush:

Betty takes off her clothes and reveals she is indeed a woman.

I guess that confirms that Phil does in fact speak for the investigator and that neither is lying. That somewhat strengthens my faith in the vote for Betty.

I have no problem lynching Michael since he would be of no loss to the town and it appears that his victory conditions require more dead townies.

That, I agree with. Michael is a safe lynch, and certainly should be considered if we have no better leads, but it should not be used as an excuse for potential scum to escape scrutiny.

Yes, she has a weak defense, but, in her defense, there is not much she can do to defend herself if she is telling the truth.

That, I don't agree with. She has hardly done anything to avert suspicion. Why would a townie get such an investigation result? I cannot think of a reason. :sceptic:

I don't think she is a godfather (one of the possible explanations for the result). Pierre was scum on night 1 and I don't think that he would have been converted and allowed to kill on the same night.

I think you may be confusing the Godfather role with that of a cult leader, who often starts alone and recruits; a godfather is usually the leader of a team of scum at the start of the game. Yes, they may be able to convert, but that isn't the point here - the point is that the godfather often appears town to investigation. The uninvestigatable result is unusual, though, and suggests more a 'ninja' role. There was a Ninja godfather in IMHOTEP.

I also don't want to vote for her since we know from yesterday that scum do come up as scum when investigated. Sure she might be a Master Criminal, but if we're going to vote for thiefs, then why don't we vote for Michael, who has admitted to being a thief.

It is my understanding that Innocents come up as Innocent when investigated. That is why the result is odd. Michael is a thief, yes, but he doesn't appear to be able to harm us, and we know who he is and he's not going anywhere. Betty remains a suspicious unknown. Until we're able to be reasonably sure she isn't doing us harm, I'd rather we sorted this out.

There was a Ninja godfather in IMHOTEP.

Actually, officially it was Ascetic, but the result is the same - immune to investigative actions.

You do make an interesting point about Betty being a possible "ninja godfather", Phil. I have seen Betty play this before, and usually she is pretty quiet, but never this quiet. Her quietness got her lynched before thanks to our cop. I think Betty is definitely a possible scum, and while Michael does need to outnumber us, and considering there has to be at least one more since Michael and Holly were converted, I see it likely that the Amateur Thieves are a cult group. However, there are 14 of us left, and all we can do is hope that if we lynch Betty, that should she turn up town, we still have our vig, who will kill Michael and keep us one step ahead of the Amateur Thieves. Right now, I don't feel comfortable lynching Betty as much as I do, Michael, but I'm not seeing the Amateur Thieves as a huge threat quite yet. Therefore, we shouldn't let Betty slip under the radar yet again.

Unvote: Michael (badboytje88)

Knowing Michael's win condition, plus the fact that he seems to have been converted on Night Two, I don't exactly feel comfortable leaving him be. It seems very much to me like Amateur Thief is a conversion-based role, and thus I will...

Vote: Michael (badboytje88)

Knowing Michael's win condition, plus the fact that he seems to have been converted on Night Two, I don't exactly feel comfortable leaving him be. It seems very much to me like Amateur Thief is a conversion-based role, and thus I will...

Oops. I meant...