Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Four

Hm.. It seems we have a choice of who to lynch, awesome. Was he blocked in some way or just unable to find anything out? I assume, the second, but still? I don´t think it´s possible to block a day investigator without some kind of day blocker, and I don´t think we´ve seen any reference to any other day roles. (or roles in general, besides thieves, killers and a tracker). If Betty has a weird role that makes her unable to be investigated as you suggest, Stacy, what would it be that would make her not talk about it? I can´t really think of anything besides godfather.

on the subject of roles and affiliations; here is my take on it:

From what I gather we know there are 5 factions, maybe 6 if an SK exists

1-Town - 5 killed - Timothy(Palathadric), Jonathan(Hinck), Scott(CM), Matthew(Adam) and Jordan(Tammo)

2-Scum - Thieves - 3 killed - Pierre(Pie), Paul(Danny) and Bristol(Peanuts)

3-Master criminal #1 - Babs(Def)

4-Master criminal #2 - Betty(Ferrik)?

5-Amateur Thieves - 2 members - Holly is dead and Michael has admitted to being the other party

6-SK?

We also know of 3 roles

1-tracker

2-day investigator

3-Blocker/cop/vig (killed night one) - We never did find out what if any role Adam had

There most likely are other roles, namely a protector/doctor

All this being considered, I think there are 2 thieves left (maybe 1, but likely 2), one master criminal and 1 amateur thief; there are now 14 players which would mean 9 are town.

1.2.3 GO discuss!

The fact that Barbara's allegiance showed up in pink rather than grey certainly gives more credence to the idea that Michael and Holly are in fact neutrals. They also provided enough detail about their roles for me to believe that they have been telling us the truth. The people who pushed for a lynch on them rather than Bristol should definitely be held under some scrutiny today. It is very likely that some of them were scum hoping to swing attention away from Bristol. Their names are below:

*SNIP*

Bill / Capt. Redblade - raised suspicions about Michael, didn't vote. Voted for Bristol at the end of the day.

*SNIP*

My calling Michael out was for the most part an attempt to motivate him to speak. (And who among us hasn't done that?) I was skeptical of his story and was hoping he could explain it further. But whatever uneasy feelings I had toward Michael, we had an investigation result on Bristol that needed to be verified. Stuff like that should always take precedent, so my mind was made up on the vote by the time I returned from my officer-ly duties.

I'd like to hear more from Bill. I noticed that he was one of two people who voted early for Pierre, then didn't unvote when Pierre responded. It would be wise for scum to do that, and the other person who did that was, of course, Paul. Bill has also been rather quiet during this voyage.

All I can offer is the truth. I didn't like the multiple trackers debacle and it appeared that Squeaky Fromme was the scummier of the two. Upon learning Pierre was Squeaky, I voted accordingly, and things worked out about how I expected. (I.e. we got the bastard.)

As for being quiet, I don't know if you've ever noticed, but that's a bad habit of mine. :blush:

As for being quiet, I don't know if you've ever noticed, but that's a bad habit of mine. :blush:

If you're town, now is the time to stop being quiet. What do you think about the other information in my post?

If you're town, now is the time to stop being quiet. What do you think about the other information in my post?

You mean the investigation result on Betty. To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of it. If she were the Godfather, as some seem to suggest, wouldn't she come up as innocent? The lack of any clear result at all is odd.

What was the exact result? Was it unsuccessful? If so, perhaps the investigator was blocked. Or was the investigator simply told it was inconclusive or something? I think knowing exactly what the result was could help greatly.

Richard, I see you ... lurking there ... for the second or even third time today!

Care to add something to this conversation?

What is your take on the investigation result?

Oh!!! He's gone ... again!

Yes, we need more information. Either way we are dealing with 4/5 Factions, as I imagine Barbara was in the same faction as the other master criminal.

I feel Betty should really speak up. It doesn't make her look any more town at all, and she has been unhelpful and summarizing many things. I don't know why I should be under scrutiny, though. I wanted to lynch Michael because I thought he was scum AND I thought we should test the claim, but then Bristol came up, and it now appears that the day investigator is telling the truth. It is unfortunately disappointing that we lost Holly and Babs, more-so Babs, but Holly could have helped us, especially by telling us who she targeted. Michael, did she tell you who she targeted? It's a good chance that they are scum.

I feel Betty should really speak up. It doesn't make her look any more town at all, and she has been unhelpful and summarizing many things. I don't know why I should be under scrutiny, though. I wanted to lynch Michael because I thought he was scum AND I thought we should test the claim, but then Bristol came up, and it now appears that the day investigator is telling the truth. It is unfortunately disappointing that we lost Holly and Babs, more-so Babs, but Holly could have helped us, especially by telling us who she targeted. Michael, did she tell you who she targeted? It's a good chance that they are scum.

You cannot be serious!! Have you even bothered to read yesterday's thread or today's intro???

Holly targetted Bristol to get the jewel; This was the first clue to her affiliation.

Still with us?? OK!

Last night Holly was targeted by at least 2 people, maybe 3 for the diamond; she did not target anyone.

:facepalm:

The way I see it is that we shouldn't be looking to lynch Michael as he might be able to find the diamond again, or if he doesn't get it, clear another person, assuming no-one kills him first. He did bring us Bristol, which turned out to be correct, even if it appears to have cost Holly, his Amateur Thief partner, her life.

I am very interested in what Betty has to say about the investigation, and also as she's not added much to this voyage so far. Being uninvestigatable (it's totally a word, shush) doesn't initially sound like she could be the Godfather, but I have read about such things before, such as during my visit to Gotham City.

Oh. I read that wrong, it appears. I must have forgotten that Holly led us to Bristol. Well, at least she was helpful. However, Jack, it's awfully strange how aggressive you get. I do read things, and sometimes things slip my mind. As for the lynch, Michael's story appears to be true. Right now, we are actually at phase one, no super strong leads until we get more clarification from the Day investigator. I was talking with Bbrbara before her death, and when I brought up myt suspicions, Betty was on my list. Barbara then proceeded to say that none of my suspicions were confirmed yet, so I think it is more likely that Betty is a new faction or scum, unless the Day Investigator was blocked.

Well, that was a... messy night. Neutral as she was, it's still a shame Babs was killed - she seemed to know what was going on here.

Unfortunately a lot of these leads seem to be built on little information. We really need more information :sceptic:.

Oh. I read that wrong, it appears. I must have forgotten that Holly led us to Bristol. Well, at least she was helpful. However, Jack, it's awfully strange how aggressive you get. I do read things, and sometimes things slip my mind. As for the lynch, Michael's story appears to be true. Right now, we are actually at phase one, no super strong leads until we get more clarification from the Day investigator. I was talking with Bbrbara before her death, and when I brought up myt suspicions, Betty was on my list. Barbara then proceeded to say that none of my suspicions were confirmed yet, so I think it is more likely that Betty is a new faction or scum, unless the Day Investigator was blocked.

The thing you say you forgot is pivotal, it is the first thing that shifted the lynch from Michael to Bristol; it was ... How do we say this ... The "élément déclencheur", the thing that got the ball rolling on the lynch then the investigation result gave it momentum and cemented Bristol's fate.

To sum it up; I get agressive when elementary things are misunderstood or in this case misread. I apologize if I offended you!

The way I see it is that we shouldn't be looking to lynch Michael as he might be able to find the diamond again, or if he doesn't get it, clear another person, assuming no-one kills him first. He did bring us Bristol, which turned out to be correct, even if it appears to have cost Holly, his Amateur Thief partner, her life.

He just said though that his winning condition is to outnumber the town as the thieves, that's the same as the normal thieves. Meaning he's one of our targets.

I must have missed that section, but I do remember Bristol being up for suspicion, followed by Barbara supporting the fact she is scum.

Hmmmm.... It seems like the day investigator can send his actions in during night or day. So is this a cop with the option of when to use the action?

Richard, I see you ... lurking there ... for the second or even third time today!

Care to add something to this conversation?

What is your take on the investigation result?

Oh!!! He's gone ... again!

Stalk much? :sceptic:

I actually have important work to do, and since neither Betty has stepped up to explain the investigation result on her, nor has said result been confirmed word for word, I'd rather get on with that and keep checking in, waiting for one of those two things to happen, than post another generic comment. Is that alright with you? Do I need your permission to follow what's going on? Or are you just trying overly hard to look like you're doing something in the meantime?

Voting is open early.

The day will end on schedule. (For real this time)

In that case...

Vote: Michael (badboytje88)

He's a self-confessed Scum and therefore seems to be prime suspect at this point in time. Obviously there's still a lot of time left in the day for something better to come up, but there's no harm in putting a vote down now... though maybe there will be given his welcoming attitude to being lynched. :look:

Talking of Betty - it seems that our day investigator investigated her today, and was unable to determine her allegiance. How do you explain that, Betty? What does everyone else make of that? :look:

I don't like people who we can't investigate. It could mean that Betty has some special ability or someone, probably scum, has the ability to target someone to mess up the results. Does the day investigator have any sort of limitations to his role?

The way I see it is that we shouldn't be looking to lynch Michael as he might be able to find the diamond again, or if he doesn't get it, clear another person, assuming no-one kills him first.

I don't know how helpful Michael will be for the rest of the trip, especially considering the bloodshed that we saw last night. He might come up with something if we are about to lynch him, but I can't see him volunteering too much information. I think that some confusion lead to him telling us about Bristol. He would be a fine lynch target, assuming we have no other suspects for the day.

I'll be interested to hear what Betty has to say for herself. If she was a godfather, I would've expected her to show up as town. As others have said, I'm inclined to believe that she's the other master criminal at the moment - it sort of makes sense that a master criminal would be able to avoid detection - and is thus harmless.

Since Michael has admitted that he has to outnumber the innocents, I'm assuming he must be part of a cult. I feel like we should nip them in the bud and stop them from causing trouble later on. Unless Betty's story is unbelievable or a better lead shows up later on, I'm going to Vote: Michael (badboytje88)

He did admit to having to outnumber town, but I'm feeling a bit unsure as of now. It might be a good idea to lynch him though, as he was somehow converted. So he has to be part of a cult or second scum team. The thing I'm worried about is that he's volunteering for lynch. Why would you do that? He said he would lynch himself if he could, which leads me to think he is the only one left in his group. But, I think for now, I will vote for him, and we will see how Betty reacts hopefully soon.

Vote: Michael (badboytje88)

Let's take a look at voting habits, too.

Note that Holly is being labeled as town unitil the supposed conversion.

Day 1

Mary / TheBoyWonder: 7 (Rufus, ADHO15, Capt.Redblade, The Legonater, Captain Genero, Tamamono, Rumble Strike)

Susan / TinyPiesRUs: 1 (badboytje88)

Jordan / Tamamono: 13 (Hinckley, Waterbrick Down, Scubacarrot, TrumpetKing67, Piratedave84, CorneliusMurdock, Sandy, Peanuts, Dannylonglegs, Palathadric, CallMePie, Nightshroud99, def)

Diane / TrumpetKing67: 1 (TheBoyWonder)

Day 2

Mary / TheBoyWonder: 7 (Captain Genaro, ADHO15, Rumble Strike, Hinckley, Ferrik, badboytje88)

Pierre / CallMePie: 12 (Capt. Redblade, Dannylonglegs, Sandy, def, Palathadric, Scubacarrot, Rufus, TrumpetKing67, TinyPiesRUs, Piratedave84, The Legonater, Nightshroud99)

Michael / badboytje88: 1 (Peanuts)

Day 3

Bristol / Peanuts: 14 (Scubacarrot, Rumble Strike, Nightshroud99, def, The Legonater, badboytje88, TrumpetKing67, Captain Genero, TheBoyWonder, Capt.Redblade, TinyPiesRUs, Sandy, Rufus, Piratedave84)

Michael / badboytje88: 2 (Peanuts, Ferrik)

Holly / Nightshroud99: 2 (ADHO15, Palathadric)

Any patterns? I don't know about anybody else, but this is looking worse and worse for Betty.

Well to answer everyone's questions about me, I was surprised at first too to learn that a Day Investigator had tried to investigate me and not found the result. I seriously have no idea what is going on. If I really was the Godfather, I would surely show up as town and I most definitely am not the Godfather. I also don't have any "special" night actions that could somehow stop me being investigated. My only thoughts so far would be that someone has an action which allows them to block investigators during the day/night, somehow someone can mix up the results and make it unclear as to what faction a person belongs to, meaning that the result would not be determined.

As for Michael, he is the only thief we know, but we should still try and find other possible theives from here, so we have more choices. We can't simply lynch whoever we know we have to lynch, we have to see who is more of a threat too.

As for voting for Michael yesterday, that was because I didn't believe his story about stealing the diamond from Bristol. But now we know the results, I admit that I was wrong yesterday but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a thief.

I'm going to vote: Betty (Ferrik) . If she is the Godfather of the Thieves, there is possibly only one way to get rid of her, a lynch. We know Michael is a thief, and we do know we need to get rid of him, but he wants to get lynched, it seems. Yesterday the Day Investigator was correct, and this result (if I understand it right?) reeks of a scum godfather or something.

That really is not a good decision. You can justify voting for me just because when I was investigated a result did not come up. If I really was the Godfather, which I'm not, it would probably come up as Town...

* I meant can't... :grin: Not can, why did i have to make a mistake?