Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Four

banner.png

The Pearl - Day Four

A Very Messy Night

img_6087.jpg

Holly / Nightshroud99 and another figure are standing in the lounge for no good reason other then to set up the scene. Holly proudly possesses the diamond.

"I swear this is a ruby." she says.

"Don't antagonize the host." the other figure says.

"Why are you shadowy? Everyone knows who you are."

"Just in case people decided not to read the day thread."

img_6088.jpg

Suddenly, Barbara / def and another figure approached at the same time from different directions.

"I'd like that diamond, Holly." Babs said.

"Oh no you don't." the other figure replied. "That's mine."

img_6089.jpg

"Hah! You wish!" Babs said, getting all up in the other figures face.

"I'll fight you for it!"

"You're on! Bitch!" Babs yelled.

img_6090.jpg

The two fought on the floor while Holly and the figure watched, not knowing what to do. Eventually, Barbara emerged as a victor.

img_6091.jpg

"Don't mess with Babs, my dear." she said. "Now, where was I?"

"Ahem." another figure said.

img_6092.jpg

The figure shot Barbara / def in the back of the head. The other attempted thief fled into the night. Barbara was a Master Criminal.

"Holy crap!" Holly yelled. "Everyone on the ship probably heard that!"

"I don't give a rats megablocks anymore. Give me the diamond."

img_6093.jpg

The other original figure tried to wrestle the gun away from the silhouetted gunner, but failed and was hit on the head.

img_6094.jpg

"Give me the diamond!"

img_6095.jpg

"Uhm...can we talk this over?" Holly asked.

"No." the figure said.

It shot Holly.

img_6096.jpg

The figure took the diamond/ruby/emerald/stone/whatever and held it up.

"Finally, we have it again!" it said.

Holly / Nightshroud99 was an Amateur Thief

img_6097.jpg

Later, Timothy / Palathadric arrived on the scene.

"Oh no! What a grim scene!" he said.

img_6099.jpg

snap

img_6100.jpg

And that was the end of Timothy / Palathadric. He was innocent.

img_6101.jpg

Bill once again took the stage.

"Last night sure was a mess!" he said. "Timothy was Innocent, Bristol was a Thief, Holly was an Amateur Thief, and Barbara was a Master Criminal. Good work everyone.

~~~

Players:

alice.jpg

Alice (Passenger) - Played by Rumble Strike

betty.jpg

Betty (Passenger) - Played by Waterbrick Down Ferrik

bill.jpg

Bill (First Officer) - Played by Capt. Redblade

diane.jpg

Diane (Passenger) - Played by TrumpetKing67

george.jpg

George (Passenger) - Played by The Legonater

jack.jpg

Jack (Medical Officer) - Played by Piratedave84

lauren.jpg

Lauren (Lifeguard) - Played by Scubacarrot

mary.jpg

Mary (Passenger) - Played by TheBoyWonder

michael.jpg

Michael (Passenger) - Played by badboytje88

phil.jpg

Phil (Passenger) - Played by Rufus

richard.jpg

Richard (Passenger) - Played by ADHO15

stacy.jpg

Stacy (Cruise Director) - Played by Sandy

susan.jpg

Susan (Passenger) - Played by TinyPiesRUs

thomas.jpg

Thomas (Passenger) - Captain Genaro

Gone Overboard:

jordan.jpg

Jordan (Passenger) - Played by Tamamono (Innocent) Lynched on Day One

matthew.jpg

Matthew (Passenger) - Played by Adam (Innocent) Neck snapped on Night One

scott.jpg

Scott (Engineer) - Played by CorneliusMurdock (Innocent) Axed on Night One

av-863.png?_r=0

Scouty - Played by Scouty (Not Playing) Mod-killed on Night One

pierre.jpg

Pierre (Waiter) - Played by CallMePie (Thief) Convicted on Day Two

jonathan.jpg

Jonathan (Passenger) - Played by Hinckley (Innocent) Had his noggin' smashed in Night Two

paul.jpg

Paul (Passenger) - Played by Dannylonglegs (Thief) Put down on Night Two

bristol.jpg

Bristol (Lounge Singer) - Played by Peanuts (Thief) Voted off the ship on Day Three

barbara.jpg

Barbara (Passenger) - Played by Def (Master Criminal) Shot on Night Three

holly.jpg

Holly (Passenger) - Played by Nightshroud99 (Amateur Thief) Mugged on Night Three

timothy.jpg

Timothy (Passenger) - Played by Palathadric (Innocent) Neck broken on Night Three

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Thieves. To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves, while the Thieves need to outnumber the Innocents. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” description. Expand on your character a bit, give them their own tropes and play with them.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts.

9. Post in all of the day threads or else.

10. There are no clues in the pictures. If you feel I inserted a clue in a picture, please tell me privately and don’t make a fit of it in the thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

12. Everyday there will be a certain “event” or theme aboard the ship. You will be told what said event is and you may participate or act accordingly to the event. You must post during this time. I won’t tolerate lurking or inactivity in this game.

13. Have fun! This is a cruise ship and a vacation, put all the seriousness aside and post all you want.

This boat is loaded with criminals! WTF!!!

2 neutrals, one scum and one town; I would call that fair if not good results!!!

I hope Bab's was able to pass on her information and I sure as hell hope the tracker got in touch with the investigator which we can now confirm as legitimate and a member of the town.

The intro seems to imply that the scum are yet again in possession of the diamond; the fact that they would need/want to steal it back may mean that they need it to win; what are your thoughts on this?

It also seems there is someone else after the jewel, we know Bab's (1) wanted it, that Holly (2) had stolen it from the scum (3) but who was that second shadowy figure? It could not have been Michael ( who we know is an amateur thief); who was that?

This boat is loaded with criminals! WTF!!!

2 neutrals, one scum and one town; I would call that fair if not good results!!!

I hope Bab's was able to pass on her information and I sure as hell hope the tracker got in touch with the investigator which we can now confirm as legitimate and a member of the town.

The intro seems to imply that the scum are yet again in possession of the diamond; the fact that they would need/want to steal it back may mean that they need it to win; what are your thoughts on this?

It also seems there is someone else after the jewel, we know Bab's (1) wanted it, that Holly (2) had stolen it from the scum (3) but who was that second shadowy figure? It could not have been Michael ( who we know is an amateur thief); who was that?

My guess is that it was another Master Criminal. Barbara told us there were several so I'm guessing that one of them didn't want to work with Barbara and tried to steal the diamond from Holly.

I too think that the scum have the diamond/ruby/emerald/stone/whatever. The killer who took it said that his team "has it back" which implys that they had it in the past.

I'm guessing that the scum targeted Barbara and were somehow allowed to kill Holly and take the diamond back. It seems odd to me that one person would be allowed to kill both Holly and Barbara.

I also think it's strange that the vig targeted Timothy. Out of all the potential suspects, Timothy, while possibly quiet, did not do much to arouse any suspicion.

What that was an interesting but gruesome night. So Barbara wasn't a "confirmed town" as some thought, but was actually a Master Criminal. Now Holly has been killed, that leaves Michael as the only known thief so far...

I agree with the previous two posts, in the introduction since the figure says that they have the diamond again, it suggests that someone who possessed it earlier has it again now. But to add to all that success, we did lose Timothy which was strange. I think the Vig probably killed Timothy but I wonder why. Well that has left us all with a lot to think about. Overall, I'd say that night was quite successful, because we now have three less thieves.

What the hell... 2 Kills by 1 person in 1 night... How is that possible. I personally would like to know the innocents win conditions. Could anyone point them out to me?

What that was an interesting but gruesome night. So Barbara wasn't a "confirmed town" as some thought, but was actually a Master Criminal. Now Holly has been killed, that leaves Michael as the only known thief so far...

It was made very very very clear by Babs herself that she was a Master Criminal, this statement kind of shows that you haven't been paying attention much. I urge you to take your time and read back on the events on the previous days.

To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves,

It was made very very very clear by Babs herself that she was a Master Criminal, this statement kind of shows that you haven't been paying attention much. I urge you to take your time and read back on the events on the previous days.

I'm sorry I must have missed it. I'll be sure to look back, having missed one day sure doesn't make it any easier. I got confused because I remembered someone writing a list yesteday of the confirmed town, and Barbara was on that list. Anyway, I really have to pay more attention. :tongue::grin:

I would agree that the second shadowy figure is likely to be the other Master Criminal that Barbara told us about: it appeared at the same time as Babs, but from a different direction; it clearly wasn't working with the scum, as least not directly.

Now we also know what happens when to diamond-stealers target the same person on the same night: they .... fight. :hmpf: Quite how the scum-killer was able to kill both Barbara and Holly is anyone's guess, but at least that confirms Holly's story.

As for Timothy, he was called out for acting oddly towards the end of yesterday, so I'd guess that was why he was killed. :sceptic:

told us about:

That's mean to say, 'told us about:' WTF? :wacko:

To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves...

Ok that sucks...

My initial role pm, when I was an innocent guest, didn't contain a wincondition. It did tell me that I knew Holly was innocent. My guess was that from the start of this whole ordeal me and Holly were lovers. I still think we might be, which would mean I would die today or tomorrow. But I am not sure of that.

After I heard I was an amateur thief, I thought I was a part of a neutral group of thieves. In order to win this game we had to own the diamond at least once during this game. After we got lucky in our first night I came forward with the information leading to the lynch of Bristol and probably the killing of Holly. After I outed myself and later Holly, our host told us my win condition was to outnumber the innocents. If he had informed me sooner I wouldn't have told you guys any of that. So I am pretty much screwed. I think I would be a great lynch suspect for today.

Well it sure is interesting to hear the win conditions for the thieves is that they have to outnumber the town, and not just be in possession of the diamond.

The fact that Barbara's allegiance showed up in pink rather than grey certainly gives more credence to the idea that Michael and Holly are in fact neutrals. They also provided enough detail about their roles for me to believe that they have been telling us the truth. The people who pushed for a lynch on them rather than Bristol should definitely be held under some scrutiny today. It is very likely that some of them were scum hoping to swing attention away from Bristol. Their names are below:

Richard / ADHO - voted for Michael first, then quickly voted for Bristol when Barbara revealed the investigation result. Changed his vote to Holly at the end of the day.

Phil / Rufus - voted for Holly, then joined the Michael bandwagon, then changed his vote for Bristol at the end of the day.

Thomas / Captain Genaro - voted for Michael. Voted for Bristol when the investigation result was revealed

Betty / Ferrik - Voted for Michael.

Bill / Capt. Redblade - raised suspicions about Michael, didn't vote. Voted for Bristol at the end of the day.

Jack / Piratedave - voted for Michael, then changed votes at the end of the day.

Stacy / Sandy - didn't have the diamond when targeted by Michael, unlikely to be scum.

Mary / BoyWonder - wasn't targeting anyone when tracked, unlikely to be scum.

Diane / Trumpetking - didn't have the diamond when targeted by master criminal, unlikely to be scum.

Not having the diamond does not make on unlikely to be scum in my book. It makes that person less likely to be scum. He could be part of a scum team which in not currently in the possession of the diamond. Which is quite likely given the amount of thief teams.

Well, the scum started off with the diamond, so they had it on night one. You stole the diamond from them on night two when you targeted Bristol, which was the entire reason you outed her as scum yesterday. This means that anyone who was found to not have the diamond on nights one and two are very unlikely to be scum.

Wait, what did you say?

After I outed myself and later Holly, our host told us my win condition was to outnumber the innocents. If he had informed me sooner I wouldn't have told you guys any of that. So I am pretty much screwed. I think I would be a great lynch suspect for today.

Oh... Well, thanks for being honest, I guess. :look:

Yay, people were telling the truth! Oh noes, more killings!

Nevertheless, I have high hopes we are on the verge of victory here. There's only a few options left as to who is scum (to my knowledge).

After I outed myself and later Holly, our host told us my win condition was to outnumber the innocents. If he had informed me sooner I wouldn't have told you guys any of that. So I am pretty much screwed. I think I would be a great lynch suspect for today.

I didn't know that... :wacko: I guess I didn't pay close enough attention yesterday, after all.

SNIP

:facepalm:

It is FAR too early in the day to start facepalming ... but REEEEAAAAALLLY?

SNIP

After I heard I was an amateur thief, I thought I was a part of a neutral group of thieves. In order to win this game we had to own the diamond at least once during this game. After we got lucky in our first night I came forward with the information leading to the lynch of Bristol and probably the killing of Holly. After I outed myself and later Holly, our host told us my win condition was to outnumber the innocents. If he had informed me sooner I wouldn't have told you guys any of that. So I am pretty much screwed. I think I would be a great lynch suspect for today.

So what does that mean? Are you volunteering for the lynch? Day over; get those night actions in! :head_back:

The fact that Barbara's allegiance showed up in pink rather than grey certainly gives more credence to the idea that Michael and Holly are in fact neutrals. They also provided enough detail about their roles for me to believe that they have been telling us the truth. The people who pushed for a lynch on them rather than Bristol should definitely be held under some scrutiny today. It is very likely that some of them were scum hoping to swing attention away from Bristol. Their names are below:

SNIP

Jack / Piratedave - voted for Michael, then changed votes at the end of the day.

SNIP

Yup! I knew my name would come up today!

Listen my suggesting to lynch Michael is/was sound, for drying out loud he even said so himself that he needs to outnumber town and therefore he is a threat. I admit that I pushed very hard, too hard, yesterday for his lynch over Bristol's and I admit that I was wrong. I was hellbent on proving my claim over Bab's and it was wrong of me seeing how hers was substanciated and mine was based on assumptions. It was made clear to me in PMs that I did not as much informationas I thought I had nor was I aware of some concrete facts. In retrospect, my stubborness probably hurt us more than it helped us!

Crying!! Crying out loud .... not drying

Lynching me is crystal clear. I don't think we (meaning you) even need to talk about that. Not lynching me would be dumb.

Lynching me is crystal clear. I don't think we (meaning you) even need to talk about that. Not lynching me would be dumb.

Given up much?

Have you not noticed that a neutral-jewel-thief-master-criminal was alive for 2 days following us finding out who she was, did you forget that she organised a town block, did you forget .... Ah, whatever, do you, yes or no want to die?

I'm not sure anymore now. Although, with what Micheal said about win condition, and his nigh on insistence on getting lynched makes me wonder if we have a vengeful on our hands.

I'm not sure anymore now. Although, with what Micheal said about win condition, and his nigh on insistence on getting lynched makes me wonder if we have a vengeful on our hands.

It´s a possibility, but would a scum give up his own life just to kill 1 townie? :wacko:

It seems we have to vote out Michael eventually, but if he cannot kill anyone during the night, we should definitely look for the killers first. Any recent findings, anyone?

-Tumbleweed rolls by -

Hey, don't talk about Betty like that! :snicker:

It seems we have to vote out Michael eventually, but if he cannot kill anyone during the night, we should definitely look for the killers first. Any recent findings, anyone?

I agree. Lynching Michael today would be a wasted day - there would be next to no discussion. We know who he his, and he cannot harm us, we hope. :sceptic: Plus it's generally not a good idea to lynch anyone who is asking to be lynched.

I'd like to hear more from Bill. I noticed that he was one of two people who voted early for Pierre, then didn't unvote when Pierre responded. It would be wise for scum to do that, and the other person who did that was, of course, Paul. Bill has also been rather quiet during this voyage.

Talking of Betty - it seems that our day investigator investigated her today, and was unable to determine her allegiance. How do you explain that, Betty? What does everyone else make of that? :look:

Talking of Betty - it seems that our day investigator investigated her today, and was unable to determine her allegiance. How do you explain that, Betty? What does everyone else make of that? :look:

Hmm, interesting... *cough*godfather*cough*

Well, actually a godfather would probably come up as innocent, so either the investigator's result was harrassed or then Betty has yet another quirky role we cannot even begin to predict.

Hey, don't talk about Betty like that! :snicker:

I agree. Lynching Michael today would be a wasted day - there would be next to no discussion. We know who he his, and he cannot harm us, we hope. :sceptic: Plus it's generally not a good idea to lynch anyone who is asking to be lynched.

I'd like to hear more from Bill. I noticed that he was one of two people who voted early for Pierre, then didn't unvote when Pierre responded. It would be wise for scum to do that, and the other person who did that was, of course, Paul. Bill has also been rather quiet during this voyage.

At this point nothing would suprise me!

Can you confirm, if possible, that the result was "no result (unsuccesful)" or "neutral"

If neutral, it is quite possible that Betty could be our other Master criminal!