After reaching Round 4 of mocpages MELO (may you remember my "last march of treebeard") my new category was "Mount Doom". You probably saw the fantastic entry of my opponent matthew oh.

The judges already made their decision and gave me the privilege of marching in round 5, the semi finals. It was a very tough round against matthew and I want to pay tribute to his great entries.

But now enjoy the pics:

melo4final1.jpg

melo4final4.jpg

melo4final2.jpg

melo4final3.jpg

melo4final5.jpg

melo4final6.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Congrats on getting to round 5. You true presented two great builds!Your build is amazing. The eagle and the rock in the lava are great. What is the category for round 5?

Congrats on getting to round 5. You true presented two great builds!Your build is amazing. The eagle and the rock in the lava are great. What is the category for round 5?

Thank you. I guess we will know on thursday.

I'm really liking that lava, and especially the eagle! The arms as eyebrows and the beak are great and give's it a terrific expression. I also REALLY like the way you did it's feathers!

This eagle looks better than the molded one from the Black Gates set and the Creator eagle combined! Kudos!

Edited by Deathleech

That rock and lava came out amazing. It wonderfully conveys that feeling of heat and motion. I stand in awe.

I thought the build was pretty nice at first. Then the eagle came in. :drool: That is just awesome, good work on the wings.

Terrific representation of the lava flow- it really looks like it's moving. The eagle is great too.

CallMePie- hilarious avatar. Lol! :)

Edited by cortman

The angled plate technique works perfectly for achieving the flow of lava and the rockwork is great as well :thumbup:

The eagle however takes the cake :wub:

The lava looks good, but the eagle is great! The way you built its face using the upside-down cheese slope on the beak and minifig arms for its brow is inspired. Good luck in round 5 of MELO!

I love this creation! It captures the scene perfectly. The only thing is you might want to get another Sam torso and put it on Frodo. Great job and good luck!

"It's done, Mr. Frodo, it's done."

Wow, that eagle is top notch! I love every part of it....in a purely platonic fashion

Really nice work, very detailed and siilar to the film's scene :thumbup: :thumbup:

WOW Great moc, very close to the film

Congrats on getting through to round 5!

Love to see your version of flies and spiders!