CornUponCob

Looking for 6-stud sliding axle design and "almost right" tria

Over the past few months I came across a few resources that I simply can NOT find again for the life of me. Tried searching here, google, youtube, etc. I normally take pride in my searching skills.

The first was somebody's design of a 6 stud long sliding axle. I think I'm even subscribed to that person on Youtube, but my subscriber list is so long I can't find their channel. The video I think is less than a month old. This should be easy to find.

The second thing is a list of Technic "almost right" triangles. It is NOT this link: http://www.marshall.edu/lego/lessonplans/MarbleTrack/FindingLEGOAlmostRightTriangle.htm

The one I'm looking for had a list of possible right triangles broken into charts of "good, OK, and not recommended" or something like that. I do still think they used the name "almost right triangles" for the page though (I could be wrong).

Any help is appreciated.

Over the past few months I came across a few resources that I simply can NOT find again for the life of me. Tried searching here, google, youtube, etc. I normally take pride in my searching skills.

The first was somebody's design of a 6 stud long sliding axle. I think I'm even subscribed to that person on Youtube, but my subscriber list is so long I can't find their channel. The video I think is less than a month old. This should be easy to find.

Might it be one of my many scratch built linear actuator's?

You can see my videos here. :classic:

Found the first thing. . . it was sheepo all along. Apparently I wasn't subscribed to him on youtube, and his website was loading slowly for me earlier today causing me not to really browse it (probably from his instructions being released recently)

So now all that's left is finding that right triangles page. It did occur to me though I could just make an excel document adding all the interger sides of right triangles to get the hypotenuse lengths. Shouldn't take too long.

Couldn't find the right triangles list either, so I decided to re-make it in excel. I haven't bold faced the "close enough" ones yet, but it's nearly all the combinations that are within .08 of the full value

Integer%20Sides%20right%20triangles.jpg

madoca1977 posted this

of a Lego Technic Sliding Axle Power Take-Off (PTO):