SwissBrick

Town update - Feb 2013

Dear All,

just added Cinema Palace to my town, I was pretty happy with the build :classic:

I will change the layout soon, would you have any suggestion for a layout with all modulars (except MS) and 2X16 wide MOCs?

And how would you liaise with suburban area (creator series..)?

Thanks for your ideas!

8501596978_c1b3fb38f3.jpg

8501596958_740a5d8444.jpg

8500489297_a5d96a57cc.jpg

8500489269_a0fdbdfb47.jpg

8500489415_c77dca5095.jpg

PC_5 par SwissBrick, sur Flickr

Very nice layout 'SwissBrick', but I must say there are a lot of cross-walks there on your main street ? :wink:

Keep going and Brick On 'SwissBrick' ! :classic:

Very nice layout! I really like it! I do think that the park could use some level variations and perhaps a pond. I also think you should add some more pics of the town in whole, I can see some of the buildings off in the left, but not all. Anyway, Your layout is very nice and I hope you keep adding to it!

Smiles=)

Very nice layout 'SwissBrick', but I must say there are a lot of cross-walks there on your main street ? :wink:

Keep going and Brick On 'SwissBrick' ! :classic:

Thanks LT! The amount of cross-walks is certainly related to the fact that I am a pedestrian myself and don't drive... :wink:

Very nice layout! I really like it! I do think that the park could use some level variations and perhaps a pond. I also think you should add some more pics of the town in whole, I can see some of the buildings off in the left, but not all. Anyway, Your layout is very nice and I hope you keep adding to it!

Smiles=)

Hi Bighappysmiles, thanks for your comment! I agree, the park definitely needs some level variation, maybe a fence, more scenery, you're right! :classic:

For the pics, I will upload new ones when I have redone my layout... and integrated the Haunted House & Horizon Express in a better way... :wink: Any suggestions?

Have a nice sunday!

Looks great!

I don't have a layout, but if I had all the modulars like you, I imagine I would have the Town Hall at the end of a t-junction, with a park / parking around it. The other modulars lining each side of the street opposite the Town Hall. The transition to suburbia would be with some green space or a petrol station.

Hi Kristel!

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to sketch the layout you had in mind, I think it would work well!

Just forgot the parking lot... Maybe I could put parking spaces in front of the Town Hall on the other side of the road right behind the modular row, which would be facing the other side (same direction as TH)...

Also I would put the creator houses like two facing the top road and two the bottom road and have green stuff between them in alternance.

Anyhow, here is a basic sketch..

8503928399_35d6cccdcb.jpg

I am currently moving and will have a big basement in which I will be able to put a big table.. I am very excited :wub:

Thanks again!

Edited by SwissBrick

This is pretty much my vision for a layout! I'm extra jealous seeing that you also have the Horizon Express. Just one suggestion - maybe swap the Pet Shop and its townhouse with the Green Grocer. I think the Palace Cinema probably works better next to the smaller buildings.

Just spotted that you have the recycling truck. A recycling station might work well in one of the residential blocks - maybe opposite the petrol station to provide the break between the large modulars and residential houses.

I agree with Kristel, the Town Hall in most layouts gets sandwiched into a street. I think your proposed redesign will suit it much better. My only tweek would be to set it maybe 16 studs back from the edge of your pavement (sidewalk :sweet: ) and create a small public square in front. Most urban spaces utilise this in front of their Civic architecture. Great work Swissbrick!

Thanks gazumpty!

I will take your comment into consideration, you're right, most public/official facilities do have a small public space in front of them! With a statue in the center maybe.. :wink:

Thanks again, will post pictures when realized.

When your layout is done, it will look awesome! What I think would really be cool is if you set the haunted house back from the road a bit and make like a dirt road up to it. If you could build some brick built trees, weeping willows would certainly add some ambiance to the haunted mansion feel.

All the modulars will look soo good together, I'm so jealous you have the green grocer! :wub:

I like how you are adding a waterfront. I think you should move the cabin to the other side of the light house, and maybe add some trees around it. I just don't think that the surfer house and the cabin would fit well together

Anyway, I can't wait to see this completed!

Smiles=)

Nice idea for the Haunted house smiles....I like the idea of an extended entrance where the house is partially obscured from the street!

When your layout is done, it will look awesome! What I think would really be cool is if you set the haunted house back from the road a bit and make like a dirt road up to it. If you could build some brick built trees, weeping willows would certainly add some ambiance to the haunted mansion feel.

All the modulars will look soo good together, I'm so jealous you have the green grocer! :wub:

I like how you are adding a waterfront. I think you should move the cabin to the other side of the light house, and maybe add some trees around it. I just don't think that the surfer house and the cabin would fit well together

Anyway, I can't wait to see this completed!

Smiles=)

Nice idea for the Haunted house smiles....I like the idea of an extended entrance where the house is partially obscured from the street!

Dear Both,

thanks a lot for your advises! It will definitely help me make a better and more harmonious layout.

For the Log Cabin v.s Surfer House, you got a point! and for the Haunted House, good advise for the current state. In the future, I'd love to put it on a hill, with a creepy road/path leading to it... I saw a great example on EB but can't find it anymore.

Thanks again!