Klaus-Dieter

Ideas For Future Friends Sets

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I'd love to see a wave of space camp sets where the friends can get astronaut training and maybe, if we’re willing to suspend our disbelief a bit, go on a real space mission! Even if the Friends don’t go to space themselves they could certainly send Zobo and his family!

I too would love to see the Friends theme touch upon Space in some way in the near future, and those are two pretty good ideas for getting there! Personally, I think the idea for a Space Tourism narrative could also work, an spaceline that'd be the brainchild of some Richard Branson/Elon Musk type tycoon. 

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Another fun series could be a Nancy Drew sort of mystery solving wave with abandoned old houses, sneaky crooks, and spooky animals like bats, crows, or black cats! It could use gloomy colors like blues and purples along with some earth tones for a nighttime look.

Spooky Friends? Cool! :thumbup: :sweet:

Another thought that occurred to me after seeing a MOC shared on Brickset… what about a renaissance fair/medieval fair? I know those are primarily a North American phenomenon, but so are summer camps to a great extent, and LEGO still managed to make three Adventure Camp sets. It could have sets like a joust, a market with a few shops and stalls, and a stage for theatrical performances.

Some other cool sets (as stand-alones rather than a subtheme) could be other types of restaurants, like a Chinese restaurant or Indian restaurant.

For a Space series, it depends on how far the Friends canon would go with the still ordinary schoolgirls. I think it may work in a way like the LEGO Ideas NASA set, abit educational. Olivia visits the new space research institute in Heartlake to see her favorite idol astronaut and a series of evil schemes happen, something like that.
I like the idea of renaissance fair, they could introduce some of the history of Heartlake.

The need of toddler minidoll doesn't need words. Not exactly Friends, just look at Sophie Jones and that's enough.

Edited by Dorayaki

14 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

For a Space series, it depends on how far the Friends canon would go with the still ordinary schoolgirls. I think it may work in a way like the LEGO Ideas NASA set, abit educational. Olivia visits the new space research institute in Heartlake to see her favorite idol astronaut and a series of evil schemes happen, something like that.

I think the Space Camp idea presented here by others would be the most plausible to happen, but I'd still like to see a Space Tourism subtheme instead, one with a Virgin Galactic SpaceShipOne-like shuttlecraft. That way, the Friends theme in a way would have its first official...

e52f4ae0cd3da9129b594f63bc46f16c.gif

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I think the Space Camp idea presented here by others would be the most plausible to happen, but I'd still like to see a Space Tourism subtheme instead, one with a Virgin Galactic SpaceShipOne-like shuttlecraft. That way, the Friends theme in a way would have its first official...

I see your suggestion, but while not sure if LEGO City can also do that, the sets could still introduce new researcher characters in the outerspace sets, while the main Friends possibly just stay on Earth. Of course I cannot tell a Space Tourism won't happen in the new reboot seems to try to break the boundaries.

Back to the main topic though, I think we haven't seen the Friends go on a safari tour. But that depends on whether FOLs would be crazy about the taste of Friends' animal molds...

And only if the monorail city train would happen, but I guess it won't.

1 hour ago, Dorayaki said:

...but while not sure if LEGO City can also do that...

I'm pretty sure that a Space Tourism subtheme would be a greater possibility for City more so than Friends. The same could be said for hypothetical Lunar and Martian Exploration subthemes, something I'd never expect the Friends theme to traverse towards anytime soon, but hey... :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Dorayaki said:

And only if the monorail city train would happen, but I guess it won't.

I'd really love to see at least a normal passenger train set for the Friends theme some time soon here; but, I do think a monorail would be a lot more "chic" for the line, compared to a traditional railway. After all, they did give us something like that using the new rollercoaster track in that upcoming Resort set. :classic:

I'm not really a friends fan. My wife is. But....I have some ideas. 

• Make Up Store
  • Fabric Store 
  • Bridal Shop
  • Church 
Edited by Brandon Pea