Klaus-Dieter

Ideas For Future Friends Sets

What is the difference between a grocery and a supermarket? I would like to see more food. A supermarket/grocery could give an opportunity to put lots of different kinds of food in. Also a cart.

I'd also like to see the Kindergarten/Daycare just to get smaller Minidolls. (Otherwise... I am wondering if minifigs might substitute for little kids in the Friends world. They are rather big though...) The friends are just the right size/age for babysitting after all. And taking care of younger siblings. And once you have younger kids, you can branch out to car seats and playgrounds and a nursery and putting the little kids in the grocery carts.

Instead of a zoo, I'd almost rather see separate sets for the different animals, over time. Then you can gather the animals you want in your zoo and make it as large or small as you'd like.

Something to bring more bicycles in would be good too.

A library. They really need a library for kids to check out books and hang out at. :)

No mall needed. They have lots of individual shops already. Maybe a large department store then let folks put existing sets together to make their own mall.

Definitely a hospital -- not for the gift shop and such. But beds that can be used for patients, tools, etc. in Friends scale. Don't forget the hospital nursery/NICU for babies!

And a doctor's office for more mundane issues.

Is there a hairdresser/haircut salon yet?

Costume party! One thing I really miss in minidolls is there is no way to "change their clothes" -- For this reason I'm not even sure how a clothing shop would work. Fancy hats would though.

I fully agree! To all the things! - 'baby' or 'toddler' minidolls are vital - I'll put some pics up soon of my 5yo's attempts - and would create so many amazing opportunities for expansion. The City Hospital is fine as a Hospital, and instead of such a big set why not make a medium-ish one (like the Vet maybe) and make it a doctor's office, and for the NICU thing - why not offer a midwife clinic attached? We could have a male GP and female Midwife, make it an open two or three rooms with lots of the new 'mini-minidoll' accessories. I know for sure we'd buy it - we might even have to buy two with my DD being so baby mad!

As for the other sets, I think we're all on the same page with wanting TLC to leave 'shops' and 'girl-centered' themes to the background - the colours and existing themes are pretty girly already, now we've got those girl-buyers hooked surely we can expand the options a bit? (Not that they aren't already, but you know?) The sports complex/grounds sounds fantastic - so does the gymnasium (which is a bit girly) but why not make it one big set so that Emma's Karate studio and Steph's football, ballet etc can all work into it? A big, gym themed set that would also have (gasp!) a large 32x32 or similar plate to be the 'field' next door?

Ditto on the Zoo, bikes and mall - a little corner dairy (sorry, grocery store? drug store? shop?) would be sweet - and the Library! Oh my, why was this not suggested first?! Imagine an awesome, mid-range library set that came with a modern wifi hub, bean bags for the girls to lounge in and books and books! Surely that would be Olivia's after school job? Or Emma's?

The hairdresser is something I've been working on for Cuusoo - it's an awesome opportunity to unite minifigs and minidolls - by their hair! Extra hair pieces for all the minidolls that came with built on helmets is a must have - and the shorter hair pieces are great for turning them into 'grown ups'.

Finally, someone above mentioned building in PF controls and getting girls into motorised building - brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Love the idea of a train (or monorail, anyone?!) and the ski-lift sounds darling! My idea was an elevator (I'm working on an apartment building) which could be bought separately - so the set comes with a stairwell that could be replaced with the electric lift - though I think integrating it into a ski-set is a sneaky way to get reluctant 'pinky' type mums into buying mechanics based sets!

Now we've all seen what direction the '14 sets are heading in, any new thoughts?

Didn't mean to infer you inferred :wink: was just trying to be brief in my comments. What I wonder is what aspects of the 'any' of the CITY hospitals appeal or don't appeal to your daughter. How would she build one? Would she emphasize the heli pad, or perhaps moreso the Gift Shop for visitors to buy items of comfort for being in the hospital? That's really what I am curious about.

to: Haltiamieli

Here are a few Castle flavored MOCs by some Friends fans:

Royal Pavilion

&

Emma's Cool Castle

So, even with what's available now, Friends can be medieval :classic:

Yeah I don't think most people let alone girls think of hospitals and helipads. The hospital set like most city sets is,rather dull and very vehicle oriented. And the city lego line is one of the most sterotypical that lego makes. Most of the good lego friend sets have nothing to do with shopping but apparently that is all some people see. Doesn't take a genius to see that girls would like doctors and patients and the like with a hospital, or you could just stick with your outdated stereotypes.

Doesn't take a genius to see that girls would like doctors and patients and the like with a hospital, or you could just stick with your outdated stereotypes.

Whether you agree or disagree with somebody here on Eurobricks, please keep your comments, and especially your replies to other members, polite please. Thank you.

Is there a hairdresser/haircut salon yet?

The salon was in the first wave of Friends. Wigs, handbags, lipstick, all sorts of things.

I'd really love to see a hospital. Duplo has a great one, System/Friends needs a great one too!

My suggestion......department store ! :grin:

You know a beauty counter, latest bedroom linen and things to cook up a storm with in the kitchen, add the coolest phones, plus finally of course....the two things I believe girls go crazy for the most - clothes and shoes ! :wink:

I would like to see Friends continue with the ocean/water themes, I would love them to make an Island Getaway retreat/cottage, the girls could be playing in Kayak's, swimming with dolphins, lounging under palm trees. It would only need to be a small island with an island printed baseplate preferably.

Now that Lego has announced a DIsney Princess theme coming in 2014 (featuring Friends minidolls), I think we can forget any generic fantasy medieval Friends set.

But I still want a military themed friends set. WIth pink flick-fire missiles with little hearts on the tips.

I could well imagine TLG is going to release:

- flower shop (16x16 or 16x24)

Klaus-Dieter

That gave me an idea...

I would like to see Friends continue with the ocean/water themes, I would love them to make an Island Getaway retreat/cottage, the girls could be playing in Kayak's, swimming with dolphins, lounging under palm trees. It would only need to be a small island with an island printed baseplate preferably.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85699&st=0

Plenty of ocean/beach goodies, and probably will continue in that vein for awhile. Nice to see some 'farm' sets as well, making a slight stab towards gender neautrality there. I'd love it if some farm sets had long pants and boots and long sleeved shirts - even gloves - so they are compatible with any skin toned minidoll. Also the mountain range is super exciting - BURP anyone?!

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=5875-1 was one of my favourite sets as a child (alright I still have and love it now), I'd really like to see an updated Friends version of it. And fairly likely, since lots of the Friends sets have a Belville counterpart? Maybe a bigger more detailed version.

^ I've noticed that too, is that an official thing? 'Remake Belleville'? I had the camping set as a kid, and my daughter (5) will get the campervan set for Christmas.

Since TLG offered the Grand Hotel for 130 Euros in 2015, I could even well imagine another set in about that price range in 2017, in 2019, ... .

So since I highly doubt that this would appear in the City theme, I'd like to get an opera house / theater:

- half opened (like nearly all Friends / City sets)

- entrance with ticket and food selling and stairs upstairs

- audience's room

- stage with mold loft floor

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

A gym club could be a nice, large addition to Friends. Areas for workout machines, stretching, swimming, hot tub, stationery bikes, etc., would be great. Lots of females hang out at the gym, so a coffee shop would work well, too.

And maybe a music school so the minidolls could take lessons and up their performance skills before touring on the Friends' bus.!

I'd really like to see "Movie Star" be the next subtheme, think Pop Star and Studios mashed together. It'll be fantastic! :D I imagine they could have different types of movie sets and a cinema. Also a $100-$120 mansion could be cool, seeing how Livi's was rather small but did pack a punch with the amount of stuff it included.

I'd love to see a hospital subtheme, we could get a wheelchair piece for mini dolls and a lovely hospital building.

Baby sitting would be a cool subtheme too. I imagine the new baby piece could just be given a new small mini doll head and flesh hands and there we have our new set seller!

An artic rescue in snowy mountains with the main set being a winter lodge would be amazing!

I'd have like to see Zoo as a subtheme when I was a child but I can't see them doing it after jungle.

For shops:

*Florist

*Clothes shop

*Diner

*Fast food

*Fancy restaurant

*Furtinue shop

*Coffee shop

*Toy Shop

*Electric supplies shop e.g. Computers, phones

*Arcade, Andrea was supposed to be a gamer.

Other buildings:

*Bank

*Detective office, a cute one would be amazing!

*Museum

*Ballet studio

*Press

*Skyscraper

*Andrea's/Mia's house

*Farm with animals other than horses, we need a cow! :P

*Grandma's cottage

I'd really like them to do mini doll packs like the Minecraft micro mobs pack or City "Fun in the Park" set, as our current lineup of mini dolls are rather disappointing and small.

Oh and we really need a park set with lake heart!

Edited by Soupperson1

While not typical Friends sets, I'd love to see Dimensions packs for the Friends theme, with mini-builds based on some of the colorful vehicles in the theme.

I'd also like to see sets with younger children at some point—perhaps a babysitting, daycare, or playground set? Younger kids do show up in some of the Lego Friends media, but there's no real way to depict them with the current mini-doll designs.

While not typical Friends sets, I'd love to see Dimensions packs for the Friends theme, with mini-builds based on some of the colorful vehicles in the theme.

I'd also like to see sets with younger children at some point—perhaps a babysitting, daycare, or playground set? Younger kids do show up in some of the Lego Friends media, but there's no real way to depict them with the current mini-doll designs.

Yes to the dimensions! At least an Olivia level pack, with Zobo and her adventure car/caravan?

I imagine young children will appear next year if Elves' Leprachauns are shorter.

With the Grand Hotel being fantastic for our cities, I very much would like to get a Hotel Maritime for our beaches:

Hotel Maritime

- hotel in about the same size like the Grand Hotel from 2015, but in contrast to it in a very modern glas-concrete-construction

- first floor: bar with chairs on the left side, huge aquarium in the middle and entrance with reception on the right side

- second floor: king's suite with bathroom (toilet, basin and whirlpool), bedroom (canopy bed, chest of drawers and chair) and living room (couch, huge TV, small table and armchair)

- big swimming pool with beach bar with chairs, brick-built palms and deck chairs

(- landing stage with small motor boat)

- accessory: tumblers, cups, different food pieces, suitcases

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

My friends guesses/ wishlist:

1. Heart lake nail salon

2. Beach/ tropical hotel and ice cream parlour (I put these together as I can thank Klaus-Dieter for both of these?)

3.Road show

4. Slide and swing adventure

5. Cottage

6, Heartlake shopping outlet

I'd like a Grand Restaurant:

- 16x32, exterior looking similar to the Grand Hotel, but in tan and with thicker columns

- first floor: entrance with red carpet, reception in the middle and on both sides round stairs to upstairs

- second floor: huge buffet with many different food parts, two tables with chairs to sit at and eat

- third floor: kitchen with typical big kitchen interior and small cold storage room

- possible addition: food delivery truck / van

What do you think?

Btw: I bet that with more and more animals being released in the Friends theme and since there are already many different, it's only a question of time til we'll get a Circus theme.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm not sure why you're disappointed?  I rather like the winner myself. 

I agree that that there are a number of good MOCs in there. But of the other entries you pointed out, I do think the winner is probably the best fit overall.  

The winning set isn't overly complex. It fits the Friends theme. It's unique, as we haven't had a Friends playground yet. A lot of the others, while good, seem to be thematic repeats of other things we've seen in the line (a nail salon, a boutique, etc). Or, pretty complex in build. 

What are your thoughts?

Two more ideas I'd like TLG to release:

Art Gallery

a on the floor triangular modern house out of mainly dark-trans glas with white pillars in between

first floor: entrance and rooms with pictures

second floor: rooms with sculptures

third floor: art shop with pictures, post cards etc. to buy and small cafe plus roof terrace

Roller-Skate Club

a bit raised ancient archtitecture style building in mainly tan color with huge and subdivided windows

first floor: outside: wide (but not very tall) stairs to the big entrance, inside: huge roller-skating area with loudspeakers, mirror ball and different spotlights, music stage with band equipment on the right side and cloakroom on the left side

second floor: huge balcony from which you can watch the roller-skating area, with chairs, tables and bar

What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I’d love to see a wave of space camp sets where the friends can get astronaut training and maybe, if we’re willing to suspend our disbelief a bit, go on a real space mission! Even if the Friends don’t go to space themselves they could certainly send Zobo and his family!

Another fun series could be a Nancy Drew sort of mystery solving wave with abandoned old houses, sneaky crooks, and spooky animals like bats, crows, or black cats! It could use gloomy colors like blues and purples along with some earth tones for a nighttime look.