Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Three

No worries, no hard feelings.

I don't know why the host called Jonathan a detective in the opening. If he were the actual day investigator, that would be a massive inconsistency with the host. Likely his character was a detective, but his role was not the day investigator.

As for not testing the current day investigator claim, that would be simply foolish, and again, mafia 101.

No worries though, your tireless efforts to prevent town from confirming each other will not be forgotten. Why, I think you'll be remembered for a while for it, at least by me. Unless you're scum, because that's entirely a possibility. Everything you're proposing is what a jewel thief would want: lynch a scum not on your team, don't verify an important town role, keep the town block fractured, and then to go after little old harmless Babs, who has done nothing but help the town! My lord, if I weren't so damn neutral, I'd think I was the Towniest of Towns!

(^O^)/

Betty's probably scum too. She's on the probable scum list floating around the town. Voting for Michael probably won't change that.

No worries, no hard feelings.

I don't know why the host called Jonathan a detective in the opening. If he were the actual day investigator, that would be a massive inconsistency with the host. Likely his character was a detective, but his role was not the day investigator.

As for not testing the current day investigator claim, that would be simply foolish, and again, mafia 101.

No worries though, your tireless efforts to prevent town from confirming each other will not be forgotten. Why, I think you'll be remembered for a while for it, at least by me. Unless you're scum, because that's entirely a possibility. Everything you're proposing is what a jewel thief would want: lynch a scum not on your team, don't verify an important town role, keep the town block fractured, and then to go after little old harmless Babs, who has done nothing but help the town! My lord, if I weren't so damn neutral, I'd think I was the Towniest of Towns!

(^O^)/

Betty's probably scum too. She's on the probable scum list floating around the town. Voting for Michael probably won't change that.

Just because I voted for Michael doesnt' make me scum. I just want more proof that what Michael says is actually true that's all. Right now, I'm just not believing what he says.

Just because I voted for Michael doesnt' make me scum. I just want more proof that what Michael says is actually true that's all. Right now, I'm just not believing what he says.

So you want to prove his claim by lynching him :facepalm: So, if you lynch him, what result would convince you to lynch Bristol? What results do you hope to get? What proof are you looking for?

You're likely scum, and lots of people think so, so you need to start explaining your rational to people. Because that vote looks purely scummy and just reinforces that image.

Hm, glad to know my vote's in the right place after all. If this turns out true, we have a lot to analyse tomorrow (and of course a scum), especially who was being protective of Bristol before the investigation result was there, if it turns out false, we have catched a scum in the day investigator AND in Holly and Michael. Win-win.

If you look at the voting patterns, it makes sense for Bristol to be scum, anyways. She helped lynch a townie Day One, then tried to sway the lynch away from Pierre and onto Michael at a rather late point in the day. Perhaps this means that Michael was telling the truth, or at least about being converted. Whether it is from town to neutral or town to scum, we'll just have to find out.

Wow, how many twists can one day hold?

I have to agree with Barbara that the Amateurs could very well be a third faction, not mere neutrals. Somehow I ignored the orange color in Holly's message, I should've paid more attention...

But now that there's both the Amateurs' and the day investigator's confirmation about Bristol, I really don't mind switching my vote back to her:

Unvote: Michael (badboytje)

Vote: Bristol (Peanuts)

Now to find the last scumsters... I doubt there would only be three, after all, with so many of us in the game. Betty, Bill, George and Thomas have all been very quiet during these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if we found the remaining scum among them.

I have to agree with Barbara...

Please, call me Babs :wink:

<let the record show that Babs has taken her pants off, put her legs on the table and started smoking a cigar, making smoke rings>

If there's any confusion here, let the record show, I want someone to kill me tonight. Please. I won't have to make fun of Jack tomorrow.

Unvote: Michael (Bad Boy)

If the day investigator has found Bristol to be scum, this must be tested. :thumbup:

I still find the whole Holly/Michael claim rather suspicious. It would make more sense if they are indeed a second scum faction, and I'm worried about the possibility that they are a recruiting faction. That they are apparently 'Amateur Thieves' seems to confirm that they are anti-town: after all, we have to lynch or kill off all the Thieves.

I certainly don't buy the explanation that they started the game as vanilla townies, but somehow 'became' Amateur Thieves' on day 2, as Michael (I think) purported.

The mental image of Babs in her knickers smoking a cigar disturbs me too. :distressed:

Well I'm voting for Michael because as I said I didn't believe him saying that he stole the jewel from Bristol, that's all... Can't I be allowed to doubt what someone's saying and in turn vote for them because of this?

And Richard, why is it better to lynch someone who is against the scum (Holly) rather than the day cop's scum investigation, which would clear them, clear me (somewhat), remove a scum and make the town block far stronger (Bristol)? Or you could lynch Holly, risk me dying which would leave an information gap, and still be unsure of Bristol...

Are you seeing something I'm not seeing?

Well, yes. You aren't suspicious of yourself, whereas I am suspicious of you.

I quoted you earlier as saying that Holly was part of a second, recruiting Scum team. This makes her against 'the scum' yes, but also makes her part of it, which isn't a lot better.

I'd rather vote for Holly because she directly seems Scummy to me, you get some kind of Scum result off her, and she has a potentially dangerous role. Bristol, on the other hand, only has your word going against her. Sure she could be a Scum killer, but Holly seems more of a sure bet to me. If Holly ended up being lynched, I would hope that if we do still have a vigilante or reasonable SK, that they would have the sense to kill Bristol tonight to test your claims.

Lynch Holly/kill Bristol or lynch Bristol/kill Holly... the end result is the same. I'm just getting there by the method I feel more comfortable with.

In any case, Bristol has reached enough votes to lynch, which I'm fine with, and my vote is on my biggest suspect, which I'm happy about, so it's win-win for me. :classic:

It's been re-confirmed that we have actually won, well, if we survive that is. :tongue:

So... have you won or not? :wacko:

You really need to get your story straight regarding this supposed win condition of yours.

I really just can't be sure that Michael is telling the truth. Out of the blue, he just suddenly confesses that he is an amateur thief and then goes on to say he has managed to steal the diamond from Bristol. I just don't really believe this and think that Michael could quite possibly be lying...

Vote: Michael (badboytje)

So if you don't believe Michael, you don't believe Holly, right? They're in the same boat, and yet Holly has the potential to be more dangerous. Therefore I don't see why you would then vote for Michael. :wacko:

Well I'm voting for Michael because as I said I didn't believe him saying that he stole the jewel from Bristol, that's all... Can't I be allowed to doubt what someone's saying and in turn vote for them because of this?

Of course you can, and I can say that's scummy. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm saying how your action is likely to be read. People making a claim on day three are likely to be telling the truth. Testing them by lynching is bad playing, or it's scummy. I can't say which category you fall into. Only you know. But you're scummy.

Well, yes. You aren't suspicious of yourself, whereas I am suspicious of you.

I quoted you earlier as saying that Holly was part of a second, recruiting Scum team. This makes her against 'the scum' yes, but also makes her part of it, which isn't a lot better.

I'd rather vote for Holly because she directly seems Scummy to me, you get some kind of Scum result off her, and she has a potentially dangerous role. Bristol, on the other hand, only has your word going against her. Sure she could be a Scum killer, but Holly seems more of a sure bet to me. If Holly ended up being lynched, I would hope that if we do still have a vigilante or reasonable SK, that they would have the sense to kill Bristol tonight to test your claims.

No, Bristol has the day investigator going against her, not just my word :facepalm: If it was only my word, than all the more reason to lynch Bristol, in order to test my claims. But more important, to test the day investigator claims. They need to be confirmed to other helpful townies out there. Which is why any vote against anyone other than Bristol is anti-town. All you 'independent' townies who think you're doing town a favor by not going with the group... You aren't. You're making true town's job that much harder, since the action townies will have to waste night actions clearing you in order to get to the end of this. Seriously. There's a reason day six of mafia is boring, and it's because a bunch of townies can't be bothered to work with the rest of the town, and days are wasted clearly the 'non-sheep.'

Lynch Holly/kill Bristol or lynch Bristol/kill Holly... the end result is the same. I'm just getting there by the method I feel more comfortable with.

No it's not, because the time is of the essence. If you lynch Bristol, town will be two days ahead, not waiting to find out who is trustworthy.

In any case, Bristol has reached enough votes to lynch, which I'm fine with, and my vote is on my biggest suspect, which I'm happy about, so it's win-win for me. :classic:

Great! Thanks for your hard work! :hmpf: Hopefully the real town solves the problem without wasting a night action on you. You haven't contributed anything, and instead are a roadblock, asking for a night action to be wasted on you.

Sorry to have to say so, that's how it looks from here.

Please keep in mind, I could be totally wrong, and you could be leading the town to victory :blush:

No, Bristol has the day investigator going against her, not just my word :facepalm: If it was only my word, than all the more reason to lynch Bristol, in order to test my claims. But more important, to test the day investigator claims. They need to be confirmed to other helpful townies out there. Which is why any vote against anyone other than Bristol is anti-town. All you 'independent' townies who think you're doing town a favor by not going with the group... You aren't. You're making true town's job that much harder, since the action townies will have to waste night actions clearing you in order to get to the end of this. Seriously. There's a reason day six of mafia is boring, and it's because a bunch of townies can't be bothered to work with the rest of the town, and days are wasted clearly the 'non-sheep.'

:facepalm: Then let said mighty day investigator come forth and tell me themself! No, of course they won't, so I have to rely on your word that there is a day investigator and that their result.

Like I said, Bristol's death will confirm your story, whether she is lynched today or killed tonight. I have nothing against either one at this point.

My actions aren't anti-Town; they're anti-Scum, if we're correct, and anti-your plan. You're neutral with your own agenda, and anyone believing that you have the Town's best interests at heart is kidding themselves. I'm not saying you're not trying to help, but will do so only when it fits into your own plan to win.

So I can't be a sheep, and I can't have my own independent ideas? Make your twisted mind up! :wacko:

The 'action Townies' don't know what I am, so if they want to be sure of my affiliation, they'll have to investigate me no matter what.

No it's not, because the time is of the essence. If you lynch Bristol, town will be two days ahead, not waiting to find out who is trustworthy.

That doesn't make sense. So long as one of them is lynched today, and the other killed tonight, we'll get both results together in the morning.

Either way, my vote doesn't matter anymore!

Great! Thanks for your hard work! :hmpf: Hopefully the real town solves the problem without wasting a night action on you. You haven't contributed anything, and instead are a roadblock, asking for a night action to be wasted on you.

See my response above to that.

Please keep in mind, I could be totally wrong, and you could be leading the town to victory :blush:

How could you be totally wrong? A second ago you were 100% certain that lynching Bristol is the right think to do and will get us another Scum! :wacko:

:facepalm: Then let said mighty day investigator come forth and tell me themself! No, of course they won't, so I have to rely on your word that there is a day investigator and that their result.

Like I said, Bristol's death will confirm your story, whether she is lynched today or killed tonight. I have nothing against either one at this point.

My actions aren't anti-Town; they're anti-Scum, if we're correct, and anti-your plan. You're neutral with your own agenda, and anyone believing that you have the Town's best interests at heart is kidding themselves. I'm not saying you're not trying to help, but will do so only when it fits into your own plan to win.

So I can't be a sheep, and I can't have my own independent ideas? Make your twisted mind up! :wacko:

The 'action Townies' don't know what I am, so if they want to be sure of my affiliation, they'll have to investigate me no matter what.

Your anti-town play will really help the rest of town. People will be polite, but this sort of 'free-thinking' (which is actually simply opposed-thinking) is tiresome. True free thinking is great. This isn't it.

You seem to think Bristol will be killed tonight, if not lynched. Unless your are the town vig, which, for numerous reasons, I doubt, this is a dumb gamble.

That doesn't make sense. So long as one of them is lynched today, and the other killed tonight, we'll get both results together in the morning.

Either way, my vote doesn't matter anymore!

Oh. Is scum going to kill Bristol? Or the SK? Who's going to do that? How do we know there is a vig alive still?

Scum might kill Holly, but there is zero chance they will kill Bristol.

How could you be totally wrong? A second ago you were 100% certain that lynching Bristol is the right think to do and will get us another Scum! :wacko:

I am 100% right, but people accuse me of being cocky, so I want to throw in that disclaimer for the sake of letting the rest of you know I'm humble.

Once again, thanks for your 'hard' 'work' for 'town'... May we all waste a day confirming your lumpy butt.

Your anti-town play will really help the rest of town.

Already explained why that phrase is utter BS.

People will be polite

Evidently you won't.

but this sort of 'free-thinking' (which is actually simply opposed-thinking) is tiresome. True free thinking is great. This isn't it.

So I'm simply opposing the concensus for the hell of it? Holly and Michael have done nothing today to arouse suspicion? And I haven't voiced these ideas since the start? This is the definition of 'free-thinking'!

You seem to think Bristol will be killed tonight, if not lynched. Unless your are the town vig, which, for numerous reasons, I doubt, this is a dumb gamble.

I don't see why not. A Scum member was killed last night. I don't see why it couldn't happen again tonight.

Oh. Is scum going to kill Bristol? Or the SK? Who's going to do that? How do we know there is a vig alive still?

We don't, but see my point above.

Scum might kill Holly, but there is zero chance they will kill Bristol.

Obviously, because Bristol is going to be lynched today.

I am 100% right, but people accuse me of being cocky, so I want to throw in that disclaimer for the sake of letting the rest of you know I'm humble.

How lovely of you. It's so hard to see where they'd get that idea when you're acting oh so humble.

Once again, thanks for your 'hard' 'work' for 'town'... May we all waste a day confirming your lumpy butt.

You're welcome! :sweet: I'm doing all I can, and you'd have to anyway! :sweet:

As I said, people will be polite. I never said I would. I was referring to others. It's better when someone lets you know. It will help you in the future.

Anyway, Bristol will be lynched by the smarter elements of town, and the scum hiding among them. The townies choosing to stick out like a sore thumb on an obvious lynch will drag the town like a spilt barrel of molasses. No skin off my back, since I don't need to be here until the end.

I voted for Bristol early on, and since then a lot of claiming has come up.

Babs says that the day investigator has also confirmed Bristol, so my vote won't be changing. However, I did notice, as Richard has before me, that Jonathan was labelled a Detective when he was killed. Was he an investigator too? So many extra roles due to the larger 3rd parties, it seems. All we can do is lynch Bristol and see if she turns up a Thief, which will help get some of these other stories straight too.

This cruise just gets stranger and stranger.

What I find a bit odd about this whole scenario is that Bristol was pushing for Michael's lynch yesterday and then Michael or Holly happen to investigate Bristol today and find out that she is scum. It just seems a little too convenient if you ask me. Also, Barbara jumped along with Michael and Holly far too easily for my liking when they first brought out that Bristol was scum. Now it makes sense that Barbara would stand by them once the claimed investigator (if such a person exists) got a result on her, but before that, it seemed wierd, especially the way that Michael and Holly were floundering around sending out scummy PMs to everyone.

Meh, I see no reason not to lynch Bristol. Barbara and all other variants of thiefs get the benefit of the doubt for now, I'd say.

I wonder which theives you're talking about? All theives should get the benefit of the doubt?!? Whose side are you on exactly?

It's come to my attention that Michael and Holly are part of a second, recruiting scum team, which is why, I guess, their title was in orange. My role title has no color. The host messed up their role description, which is why Michael thought it safe to share, then the host face-palmed, strangely confirming this very story.

All the same, the results on Bristol are correct, and the tracker wants to know for sure, to solidify the town block.

So basically you want us to wait on lynching to clear cut scum in order for you to be able to get the town block organized. Whatever. All is good and well. However, the big problem is that we have at least two factions of scum. I am assuming Pierre and Paul's faction contained at least four members, as I think any less would be a bit ridiculous, then we have Holly and Michael as well not to mention you and the other Master Theif (or whatever we are supposed to call you two) and then, presumably still a Serial Killer, so that doesn't leave an enormous amount of townies. It's still a lot, but it shows that time may be of the essence. Could you or the investiagator be trying to delay the town? I don't know. But all of this random role-claiming on the same day doesn't sit well with me.

However, on the other side of things, Bristol has not been her usual self this game. I noticed that from the beginning. Could it be just a different town approach to the game, or is she really scum. I don't know. Personally, I'd prefer to vote off someone whom we know is scum then someone with a half/half chance, if you will, besides if Holly and Michael keep the diamond they win the game and I think the point is to prevent the scum from winning. :wacko:

I wonder who will get the diamond if we vote out Holly though.

Since, if I vote for Bristol now, it won't make a difference anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, I will:

Vote: Holly (Nightshroud99)

Bab's is using you she has no incentive whatsoever to work with you and is using you to her advantage; you are Being played.

I stated my intentions several times now and it is futile to repeat them.

I believe Michael is scum and my vote stays; if that makes me Scum to the eyes of the 'good town' then so be it, I tried to explore other avenues and test the first claim that was made. I am truly working for the town and my sole purpose is to kill scum.

I believe Michael is scum and my vote stays; if that makes me Scum to the eyes of the 'good town' then so be it, I tried to explore other avenues and test the first claim that was made. I am truly working for the town and my sole purpose is to kill scum.

I repeat:

So if you don't believe Michael, you don't believe Holly, right? They're in the same boat, and yet Holly has the potential to be more dangerous. Therefore I don't see why you would vote for Michael. :wacko:

I am truly working for the town and my sole purpose is to kill scum.

Except in the part where you don't want to confirm the day investigator. Rather you just want to call me a liar, with no evidence to back it up, and support a lynch which doesn't solve this question. In that part, you are truly scummy. Unfortunate, but when the game is over, this is what your instincts will be revealed to have been working toward.

After we're done, you and Richard can have an anti-town shindig together where you revel in what not-sheep you are, and vote against all common sense.

<Babs puts her unclothed legs back up on the table and takes another big haul on her cigar, puffing out fat circles...>

Hi Jonathan! Glad you blabbed my role now?! :wall:

Fine fine! I shall shut up for the remainder of the game and cast my vote exclusively based on your conclusions:

Unvote: Michael (badboytje)

I was under the impression that Mafia was about theorising as to whom is whom and try and exploit flaws and lies ... It looks like it is not and should be a unilateral linear game where we follow the conclusions of one player; my mistake I apologize!

I tried so hard to expose other scums but it was not suitable for you; we all agree now right, Michael and Holly are not worth lynching because they are on the good scum team right? Let me get this straight: I am scum because I don't agree with you? I am not willing to believe that so many town PR decided to confide in a neutral player, it makes no sense to me and I am baffled that others are willing to believe this!!!

I hope you choke on your cigar!

I was under the impression that Mafia was about theorising as to whom is whom and try and exploit flaws and lies ... It looks like it is not and should be a unilateral linear game where we follow the conclusions of one player; my mistake I apologize!

:laugh: Don't be ridiculous! It's only about being Barbara's pet sheep and blindly following her in what ever she says and does.

Jeez, Babs! What a broken record! :hmpf:

You have your opinions, we have ours. Just shut up and accept it!