Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day Three

banner.png

The Pearl - Day Three

Last Call

img_6060.jpg

It was late in the Ice Lounge. Detective Jonathan / Hinckley was much too drunk to even notice the arrival of his assailant.

img_6061.jpg

The inebriated detective fell to the ground after smashing his noggin on the ice-platform. Jonathan was Innocent

img_6062.jpg

Shortly thereafter, Paul / Dannylonglegs arrived at Jonathan's body.

"Ha-ha." he said. "Teach you to write plays and get my buddy killed."

img_6063.jpg

He was so busy gloating he didn't hear the ninja-like assassin approach from behind him, and snap his neck.

img_6065.jpg

The health nut immediately hit the floor. Paul was a member of the Thieves.

img_6066.jpg

"I have been informed that we've lost our dear friend Jonathan. He was innocent. However, I'm delighted to report that both Paul and Pierre were Thieves."

The town let out a huge cheer.

"However, the fact that this is still going on means that there's more thieves out there. We must be cautious."

~~~

Players:

alice.jpg

Alice (Passenger) - Played by Rumble Strike

barbara.jpg

Barbara (Passenger) - Played by Def

betty.jpg

Betty (Passenger) - Played by Waterbrick Down Ferrik

bill.jpg

Bill (First Officer) - Played by Capt. Redblade

bristol.jpg

Bristol (Lounge Singer) - Played by Peanuts

diane.jpg

Diane (Passenger) - Played by TrumpetKing67

george.jpg

George (Passenger) - Played by The Legonater

holly.jpg

Holly (Passenger) - Played by Nightshroud99

jack.jpg

Jack (Medical Officer) - Played by Piratedave84

lauren.jpg

Lauren (Lifeguard) - Played by Scubacarrot

mary.jpg

Mary (Passenger) - Played by TheBoyWonder

michael.jpg

Michael (Passenger) - Played by badboytje88

phil.jpg

Phil (Passenger) - Played by Rufus

richard.jpg

Richard (Passenger) - Played by ADHO15

stacy.jpg

Stacy (Cruise Director) - Played by Sandy

susan.jpg

Susan (Passenger) - Played by TinyPiesRUs

thomas.jpg

Thomas (Passenger) - Captain Genaro

timothy.jpg

Timothy (Passenger) - Played by Palathadric

Gone Overboard:

jordan.jpg

Jordan (Passenger) - Played by Tamamono (Innocent) Lynched on Day One

matthew.jpg

Matthew (Passenger) - Played by Adam (Innocent) Neck snapped on Night One

scott.jpg

Scott (Engineer) - Played by CorneliusMurdock (Innocent) Axed on Night One

av-863.png?_r=0

Scouty - Played by Scouty (Not Playing) Mod-killed on Night One

pierre.jpg

Pierre (Waiter) - Played by CallMePie (Thief) Convicted on Day Two

jonathan.jpg

Jonathan (Passenger) - Played by Hinckley (Innocent) Had his noggin' smashed in Night Two

paul.jpg

Paul (Passenger) - Played by Dannylonglegs (Thief) Put down on Night Two

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Thieves. To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves, while the Thieves need to outnumber the Innocents. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” description. Expand on your character a bit, give them their own tropes and play with them.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts.

9. Post in all of the day threads or else.

10. There are no clues in the pictures. If you feel I inserted a clue in a picture, please tell me privately and don’t make a fit of it in the thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

12. Everyday there will be a certain “event” or theme aboard the ship. You will be told what said event is and you may participate or act accordingly to the event. You must post during this time. I won’t tolerate lurking or inactivity in this game.

13. Have fun! This is a cruise ship and a vacation, put all the seriousness aside and post all you want.

You will be missed, Johnathan. I am sorry for ever doubting you.

Two Scum down in one night is an excellent result! So either the neck snapper is our vigilante who had been tipped off about Paul being a thief, or he is a serial killer who targetted the somewhat quiet Paul and 'accidentally' helped us. I am hoping the first.

The fact that scummy lying Pierre was a thief makes it more likely that Barbara's tracker was telling the truth, and so both could be more trustworthy now. There are still other interpretations of what happened though, so it is certainly not concrete.

Phew! And to think I almost let Pierre off the hook! If it weren't for the inconsistencies of his words against Jonathan's, then we would be much worse off. And another thief killed in the night, yay for that!

Sorry to lose Jonathan, aggressive as he was, it is now obvious he was working for the good of us innocents. The captain referencing him as "detective" makes me think he was the day investigator that he told us about himself.

And it now seems we can trust Barbara and her assumed tracker friend a bit more. Can't wait to hear what they have to say...

Too bad we had to loose Jonathan... He was a really aggressive and active player so I guess that was why he was targeted. Looks like our neck snapper was on to the right track when he went after Paul!

Sorry to lose Jonathan, aggressive as he was, it is now obvious he was working for the good of us innocents. The captain referencing him as "detective" makes me think he was the day investigator that he told us about himself.

This was my first thought as well. If true, then it's all the more unfortunate that we should lose him.

Like Richard said, I think it's clear that Mr. Necksnapper is either a vig or a SK. If I remember correctly, the consensus yesterday was that Matthew was more likely a vig, meaning that Snappy is probably a SK who accidentally helped.

But I'm more curious about the scumkiller. Jonathan was killed by a blow to the head, but Scott was killed with an axe. Is this just the killer keeping things fresh, or could there be more than one at work here? Hopefully we can get some answers... :look:

Two scum in one night is an excellent result, but I am sorry we lost Jonathan. I had my doubts about him, but he was working really hard, and he got us a scum. :wub:

It looks more likely that neck snapper is a vigilante, but he could still be an SK.

Now that we know two scum, hopefully some patterns will start to emerge.

Set numbers:

Jonathan - 4441 - CITY

Pierre - 4200 - CITY

Paul - 4644 - CITY

If anyone was still thinking CITY sets meant town players, sorry to disappoint you. Assuming the scum were telling the truth of course.

Lossing our cop/day investigator sure sets us back as far as finding scum but our conviction of a scum and the murder of a second one makes me SUPER happy and hopeful for the future.

My theory is that Matthew was the SK when Mr.Necksnap is our vig ... but then again who is to say who's who!!!!!

I made a promise to Jonathan that should he die I would post a PM he sent me; it is NOT (unfortunately) investigation results and goes as follows:

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

I have a theory, that if it's true I'm dead. So, if I get killed I need you to post this.

I may just be paranoid, which happens with me a lot, so I'll keep the aliases in the story. ... that might backfire. Whatever. If def tries to say Zangara is someone else and they get lynched, when they come up Town, you'll know def was lying. Sorry, that's my brain working overtime.

So, def contacted Zangara on Day One and confessed his role. I've seen the whole conversation, it seems planned and staged. It might not be, but it's possible. They may all be in on it, Raymond as well. It was a little convenient to have a Town block on Night One. :hmpf: Anyway, the big clue that this is all an elaborate lie is that def never claimed to Zangara to be a Master Criminal. He claimed to be a Jewel Thief. He never said Master Criminal. Ever. I think the whole thing has been staged to make def look like a helpful neutral and Raymond and Zangara look like Town. I think they killed either Adam or Cornelius because they had Town sets to make it look like the sets were clues to affiliation. def keeps complaining about the host and blaming things on a poorly thought out role and I think the "it's the host's fault my role is so weird" is an elaborate coverup for the fact that he is simply Scum.

Zangara has to be part of it because he's the one who brought me the PMs from def, which he totally believed for some reason. That would mean Raymond has to be part of it because he's the one claiming to have investigated me and Zangara. The huge problem with that is there is no way to confirm Raymond unless another investigator comes up.

This may all be paranoid ramblings. Maybe Zangara and Raymond are both Town and def is actually a neutral jewel thief. However, if I'm dead, then this is a possibility.

Take it with a grain of salt, though. As someone might also just be trying to set def, Zangara or Raymond up for lynches. :wacko: Why do I play this game? It can be so confounding.

Now I'm wondering if I should even be trusting you with this much. If you're Scum, I just gave you a great plan to set three other people up. :sceptic:

What do you make of this?

Well, it's good we got two scum. I think that should clear a few people, especially those who worked hard to turn the votes against Spanish Waiter Guy. I also think that should finally get this stupid numbers theory off the table, as both the thieves actually had town numbers, if I remember correctly.

Losing Stupid Theory Guy is not good, and it's obvious why the scum killed him. He was basically proven to be town.

Now here's me wondering wheter teh necksnapper was a vigilante (as far as I remember, the whole idea that Baseball Guy was a vig was based on the fact he had a bat and an action; he might as well have been a blocker), or an SK.

I'm looking at Neutral Thief Girl right now, I doubt, there would be both several neutrals without a killing ability and an SK. Maybe Dead Theory Guy was right about her being an SK thief...

By the way, yesterday, while accusing Michael, I said:

Once again, you were flying under the radar. I had already accused you earlier of this, as well as distracting from the numbers, but I think you didn't reply. I don't know, I thought you said something, about me being contradicting myself, but I couldn't find that comment, and I feel like I'm hallucinating because of it. :look:

I found out that he didn't actually say that, but Sums-up-but-doesn't-vote Girl (Alice, if you're confused). So, just forget about that. I'm still suspicious of him, and I guess I didn't quite make myself clear before, so I'll just sum up my accusation in four short sentences:

1) This. In my opinion he contradicted herself/changed her opinion completely, we talked in private, and she said, that "sometimes shallow is the way to go", which doesn't quite satisfy me.

2) He went with Stupid Theory Guy's Stupid Theory, which I cosidered stupid and distracting.

3) He didn't even mention Spanish Waiter Guy; scum would do that, as he wouldn't want to defend him (in case he is lynched anyway), nor speak up against him, and just hope that Weird Number Girl is lynched instead.

4) He over-all was a rather quiet person, which adds to my suspicion.

That's all I got against Michael.

My other suspects would be:

Lifeguard Girl (just a tad, hasn't actually been that suspicious ever since), and either Weird Number Girl (Mary) or Sums-up Girl (Alice), but not both, naturally. Lynching Neutral Thief Girl is also pretty helpful, because, think about it:

If she speaks the truth:

She wouldn't want us to make progress before she finds scum, because the more we lynch, the smaller her chances of success.

If she lies:

Well, that's obvious. She might be an SK. Or even a second scum group, think about it, two scum groups, the "Thieves" and the "Masterminds", with the Masterminds orchestrating the whole heist, and then ripping off the Thieves. It's pretty dangerous to have her around, if you ask me.

Do we know he was the investigator? Because that would suck pretty hard. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, I'm not sure. There's, like, no evidence. But I don't mind to see Neutral Thief Girl lynched, and I currently trust you, as you worked hard to get Spanish Waiter Guy lynched.

SNIP

Do we know he was the investigator? Because that would suck pretty hard. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, I'm not sure. There's, like, no evidence. But I don't mind to see Neutral Thief Girl lynched, and I currently trust you, as you worked hard to get Spanish Waiter Guy lynched.

... I'm going to pretend you did not just say that and simply point ... over .... here

SNIP

It was late in the Ice Lounge. Detective Jonathan / Hinckley was much too drunk to even notice the arrival of his assailant.

SNIP

As for lynching Barbara; I'm all up for it!

The way I see this is that there is no way she is town: either she is neutral as claimed or she is scum and either way, it's to the benefit of the town!

Surely Jonathan could not have been the day investigator (raymond) if he casted doubt on him though? Unless that was his tactic, in which case, good tactic.

... I'm going to pretend you did not just say that and simply point ... over .... here

Eh, did I say something? :grin: I'm pretty sure I haven't said a thing so far, I was just thinking about my first comment today, while listening closely to everything Pirate Guy said... :innocent:

So, what was I going to say? Well, it's good we got two scum... :tongue:

But I'm more curious about the scumkiller. Jonathan was killed by a blow to the head, but Scott was killed with an axe. Is this just the killer keeping things fresh, or could there be more than one at work here? Hopefully we can get some answers... :look:

Haven't been following much, have you? Pierre killed Scott. He thought Jonathan saw him target Scott on Night One, so he made up the lie that he was a tracker. We saw through it, and lynched him. Lo and behold, no axe-killings last night.

There's still two killers around, though, one of which is most likely scum as well.

Please, let's at least hear Barbara before we start forming any sort of lynch mobs.

Like Richard said, I think it's clear that Mr. Necksnapper is either a vig or a SK. If I remember correctly, the consensus yesterday was that Matthew was more likely a vig, meaning that Snappy is probably a SK who accidentally helped.

I am guessing 'Mr. Necksnapper' was just a slip of the tongue? They could always be female.

Matthew could have any role, or none at all. Apparently, there are no clues in the pictures, so we cannot know for certain; and even if he did have a role, a blocker, bodyguard, etc. could fit. He could even have been an investigator that beats information out of people. Who knows?

It looks more likely that neck snapper is a vigilante, but he could still be an SK.

Then why did they not kill another lynch candidate on the first night? :sceptic: That would have been far more sensible and helpful than taking a shot in the dark... or a swing of an axe in the dark.

If anyone was still thinking CITY sets meant town players, sorry to disappoint you. Assuming the scum were telling the truth of course.

Completely disproven at last!

Lynching Neutral Thief Girl is also pretty helpful, because, think about it:

If she speaks the truth:

She wouldn't want us to make progress before she finds scum, because the more we lynch, the smaller her chances of success.

If she lies:

Well, that's obvious. She might be an SK. Or even a second scum group, think about it, two scum groups, the "Thieves" and the "Masterminds", with the Masterminds orchestrating the whole heist, and then ripping off the Thieves. It's pretty dangerous to have her around, if you ask me.

This is true, although I find your theory unlikely. She could prove helpful with her supposed investigation-like action, and we shall see if she brings anything up today, but with her being neutral and under suspicion from Johnathan, a proven Innocent, lynching her would not be the worst idea...

Lynching Neutral Thief Girl is also pretty helpful, because, think about it:

If she speaks the truth:

This is an excellent point, and one I hadn't considered.

If she lies:

SK - possible as she said she targeted Scott; if Pierre got there first, it might explain the 'unsuccessful' result the tracker got, assuming the tracker is true. Although in previous games, Bob has shown both killers targeting the same person (one Arnold Daly, I seem to recall :sadnew: )

Second scum group: possible, I guess.

Why don't you consider the possibility that she is scum, if she's lying? :look:

Surely Jonathan could not have been the day investigator (raymond) if he casted doubt on him though? Unless that was his tactic, in which case, good tactic.

Knowing his style of play ... It would not suprise me that he used that tactic. It is also possible that he was some sort of flavor-cop or a watcher *oh2* !

SNIP

Please, let's at least hear Barbara before we start forming any sort of lynch mobs.

there's nothing wrong with sharpening our forks and dipping our torches in gasoline .... you know just to be ready! :laugh:

I am guessing 'Mr. Necksnapper' was just a slip of the tongue? They could always be female.

SNIP

Good eye!! I had not caught that!!!!!

This is true, although I find your theory unlikely. She could prove helpful with her supposed investigation-like action, and we shall see if she brings anything up today, but with her being neutral and under suspicion from Johnathan, a proven Innocent, lynching her would not be the worst idea...

It sounds a bit weird, and the most manifest thing would be that she either speaks the truth or is an SK. But she wouldn't want to help us before she has gotten the diamond; even if she tries to steal and targetted an townie, assuming she doesn't lie, she wouldn't want to tell us, because we'd have one less suspect, improving our chances at lynching scum, and diminuishing her chances at stealing from scum.

This is an excellent point, and one I hadn't considered.

SK - possible as she said she targeted Scott; if Pierre got there first, it might explain the 'unsuccessful' result the tracker got, assuming the tracker is true. Although in previous games, Bob has shown both killers targeting the same person (one Arnold Daly, I seem to recall :sadnew: )

Second scum group: possible, I guess.

Why don't you consider the possibility that she is scum, if she's lying? :look:

I don't know, it seems unnatural, after all, if Waiter Guy kills Whatever-His-Name-Was, why would she target him as well?

Vigilante is a male word, I'm not sure what you two see in that.

What do you mean? I did not think English words had genders. We are a mix of male and female here, and so the vigilante could be either male or female. Calling them Mr Necksnapper implies one knows that they are male.

What do you mean? I did not think English words had genders. We are a mix of male and female here, and so the vigilante could be either male or female. Calling them Mr Necksnapper implies one knows that they are male.

Hm, it appears it doesn't, I thought it did. Still, I'm more intended to call a black figure a man rather than a woman too, and I'm a woman! I wouldn't look behind it much, and see no reason to push it.

Hm, it appears it doesn't, I thought it did. Still, I'm more intended to call a black figure a man rather than a woman too, and I'm a woman! I wouldn't look behind it much, and see no reason to push it.

Not that vigilante is and English word. :grin:

And the fact that they're bald more commonly implies male, so I agree with you. I was simply noting that the killer's gender is still uncomfirmed, and so calling them 'Mr' may not be correct.

Shame about Jonathon, good about Pierre and Paul.

Barbara is my current main suspect. Neutral Master Criminal? Master Criminal sounds like a godfatherish role.

Vigilante is a male word, I'm not sure what you two see in that.

This!

I think Barbara might be telling the truth, honestly. I know Jonathan doubted him, but Jonathan was also flailing around like a mad fishstick lately. Barbara was pretty instrumental in getting Pierre lynched, I'd say. And she had no reason to contact what'shisorherface if she was was scum, and I doubt they'd be going through that effort and that much risked to trick Jonathan, only to kill him now. BUT, all that means is that she might be seperated from the main thief group. But she's still a thief. And our objective is to kill thieves. Barbara never mentioned being a "Master Criminal" until I asked her about that yesterday, it's possible, I guess, but still. You're a thief, Barbara, I'm pretty sure you're in our objective to kill you...

Shame about Jonathon, good about Pierre and Paul.

Barbara is my current main suspect. Neutral Master Criminal? Master Criminal sounds like a godfatherish role.

Quite useful today are we?

Do not think your 2 near-lynches will be forgotten; might I remind you that several people have voiced concerns over your behavioir which you have yet to answer to/correct!

He's dumb and making stuff up, like he did all yesterday. I didn't claim to be a Jewel Thief, I claimed to be a jewel thief. The role name has little meaning, I explained the action.

My tracker should be clear as the town tracker, unless you think I am scum who sacrificed Pierre to build up an unsafe town block. My tracker information helped convict Pierre. Which means you can trust I'm not scum. Unless you are way over paranoid and want to throw way too much value in Jonathan's fantasies. Just because he was the loudest, and the biggest bully here, doesn't mean we need to kowtow to his dying rant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I don't know if some other Master Criminal already has the diamond. I know one other didn't have it yesterday, and if there is a third, they are not playing smart, since they haven't contacted me.

As it is, I looked for it on Alice, she didn't have it, which somewhat clears her (remember, I'm not an investigator).

The tracker looked in on Mary, and she didn't target anyone, which mostly clears her.

There you go town, two suspects (one of Jonathan's, I might add), have been shown to be merely lazy, and not scummy.

I may have more info if/when the other Master Criminal shares their results with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day investigator, if you want in touch with the tracker, contact me, and I'll pass it along to them. If you think this is a trap, investigate either of those previously suspected people above, get the "not scum" result, then realise I'm being truthful, and I'll try to help you set up a town block. Up to you!

You have no idea at all, really. Do you think any scum member has revealed anything about their role whatsoever? Not a chance. Seriously, think about it. Think. Think harder. Now, Mary, now that you're thinking more than you've ever thought before... You gotta think a lot harder, because you're still not even close to figuring things out. You hit the 20% point. You should at least get up to 50% before you voice your suspicions.

And I hope you notice that I just cleared you. You're welcome :sadnew: