Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

Best modular to buy

171 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best modular building?

• Fire Brigade
    • Pet Shop
    • Grand Emporium
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema

Hi everyone! I am about to buy my first modular, but want to buy a good one first. Out of the modular buildings you can currently buy on LEGO Shop@ Home(Fire Brigade through to Palace Cinema) which one should I get?

The trouble with the Modular Buildings is they're ALL good! :classic:

If you're a VIP member, the nod might go to 10232: Palace Cinema right now due to the free shipping. On the other hand, perhaps 10197: Fire Brigade or 10211: Grand Emporium might be a good place to start since they'll be the first to be retired of the bunch. And once you start with the Modular Buildings, you can't stop!

If you're just starting out, I'd recommend 10197: Fire Brigade or 10218: Pet Shop. They both have a lot going on in the build, there's plenty of playability, and 10218: Pet Shop is like a two-for-one!

10224: Town Hall is the most expensive so it may not be the best one with which to begin.

Watching the Designer videos might also help you.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

I would suggest the either the Fire Brigade or Grand Emporium. They aren't my favourite, but I would suggest those two first for the simple reason they are the oldest. If you buy say palace cinema, you might not have enough time to get Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. As for the one I like the most? I'd have to say the Pet shop. That just my input, take it or leave it, but I suggest you pick up FB and GE before they leave us for ever

Smiles=)

I've got FB, PS and GE and out of those I would say Fire Brigade. They're all amazing though, you wouldn't regret any of those three from my experience.

That's a hard choice, as they're all great. If you want to collect them, start with Fire Brigade. If you want them for MOCing, Town Hall has more bricks. I have all of those listed above, and still, I can't say which one I'd buy if only one was possible.

I don't think I'll get Fire Brigade as, although it will be going soon, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a model I didn't like as much as the others for a long time. I'm thinking about Pet Shop as it splits in two so I would get the better start of a town by having two buildings than having one. I also like how both buildings are residential while also being a shop in one.

I'd go for GE. I have GE FB & PS and GE is definatelly my favourite, could be because it was my first modular who knows, it is also one of the oldest though so probably worth getting it while you can.

D

With this kind of question I typically give the same answer, buy the oldest first. Especially if you plan on buying them all, which let's be honest, once you start collecting Modulars, you can't stop. :laugh: Go with 10197 Fire Brigade.

Tough choice - I'd say in order:

1. Fire Brigade, Fun build, lots of new (to me, at least) building techniques

2. Palace Cinema, It looks shiny and ornate, plenty of great interior detail.

3. Town Hall, Impressive size, but WOW! factor per $ is lower than the others

I don't have the others (yet), but from what I've seen I think it'd be FB, PC, PS, GE, TH.....

If you want to get eventually get all four, start with the FB, then GE, PS, TH, finally PC. That should be the order they'll be discontinued. If you are not concerned about collecting all, I'd go for the either FB, TH, or PC. Those three appeal to me the most... a very tough choice though. The TH is has some looks great inside and out and it's has an elevator! The FB, also great inside and out, plus it has a very nice antique fire truck. The PC, while really flashy on the exterior, is not quite as appealing to me. It's still a big theater and I am very fond of it's interior, compared to the GE, and PS. The classic car is also very nice, but could use a little work, maybe so new wheels and tires :classic:

I'm with many on getting the Fire Brigade first. That was my first modular and so far has been my favorite overall look. I don't know much about fire houses though. And I actually really liked the Grand Emporium too.

It really is a difficult decision, but I've never regretted getting any of them so far. I buy them in order, just so I can collect them all.

My favorite is Town Hall, but I think Fire Brigade should probably be the first one you buy as it will probably be retired soon and you WILL regret not having it.

i would also get in order of release if you only have a budget for 1 at this time, although like everyone says, you have to have them all and some extras for MOCing.

Go for the Fire Brigade. You will only regret it when it becomes unavailable and you realise you missed it.

It's a difficult choice!

My first modular was the petshop because it felt like two for one and my second one was the town hall.

But the fire brigade has grown on me, after I got the firechefset, so it might be my next building before the cinema.

I don't regret that I got the petshop first and I woted for Petshop.

My favourite is the Pet Shop, followed by Town Hall. If you plan on getting them all eventually, the answer has to be to buy them in the order they will be discontinued.

My favourite is the Pet Shop, followed by Town Hall. If you plan on getting them all eventually, the answer has to be to buy them in the order they will be discontinued.

I can fully second this statement!

I have built all off them going back to market street. Each one is a winner and has something unique to offer. As many others recommend buy in order that they may disappear. However, I am not convinced that FB will go before GE, but thats a different conversation. If you have the $$ to spend I would pick up what ever one you like the looks of best, then be prepared to go back and pick up at least FB, GE and PS. Because the PS has already been out longer that the GG was!

Edited by Follows Closely

Thanks for all the reply's! I think the ones I like most at the moment are PC, TH and PS. As pet shop is the oldest though, I think I will go for that.

Difficult choice!

I have all them except CC, all are great. But i like FB very much, the building is very interesting and you learn some SNOT techniques.

Enjoy!

I own them all (well, I'm still missing CC :\ which I will own one day!) and I would say that if I wanted to start somewhere it would be the Green Grocer :D If I have to choose from the current offerings I would say the Pet Store. I'm a sucker for the apartment looking type sets, and both of those scratch that itch. Out of all Market Square (which I over paid for) is the weakest offering.

Thanks for all the reply's! I think the ones I like most at the moment are PC, TH and PS. As pet shop is the oldest though, I think I will go for that.

Good decision!

I have all them except CC, all are great.

I own them all (well, I'm still missing CC :\ which I will own one day!)

Funny thing is, I just managed to purchase CC at a halfway reasonable price. It isn't arrived yet, but I hope it is in good condition and complete and original. Cross your fingers with me!

Edited by PsyKater

Funny thing is, I just managed to purchase CC at a halfway reasonable price. It isn't arrived yet, but I hope it is in good condition and complete and original. Cross your fingers with me!

Just wondering, what was the price?