Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

O'l Poggards' Carrot Farm

8490691733_e2f1d57625_c.jpg

Ol' Poggard and his son grow lots of vegetables, a range of large and tasty grubs, but there carrot farm stretches out far, the carrots are what he makes his living from.

Ok this was just a quick build, to clear my brain from that last one of mine, wasn't able to work on it for about a month :ugh: and work a bit with some my new foliage.

C&C welcome!

David

Nice landscaping, I like the scare-crow as well, though do you not have any carrots? If you do, it might be nice to have the fig pulling one up!

Nice! I love the base, as always and the foilage is great! Nice job with the dirt too!

Maybe an orange round plate under some of the stems would make the carrot patch more lively. Love the scarecrow.

that's what was about to suggest! Anyway, nice little vig there lg!

Thanks guys! I just got all of the foliage bar the "limb elements" unfortunatly the scarecrow is no more (and never will be, im not paying $40 for another Davy jones!)

Nice build! I love the feeling of fertile ground you are creating with all of that foliage around the field, and the scarecrow is just great :)

(A friendly advice however would maybe be to fade the cutting some more when removing the background, and making sure all fields of background is gone. Not a big deal though, I didn't even notice on my company laptop before but on a calibrated IPS screen it is visible.)

Edited by Gideon

Thanks guys!

Quite cool, I love the base!

I stole it from this guy a while back, have changed it a bit but credit goes to him!

Gid: I didn't cut anything, thats an additional layer above the white background, wanted to see the effect. I do lots of experimentation.

Gid: I didn't cut anything, thats an additional layer above the white background, wanted to see the effect. I do lots of experimentation.

Ok, I see! That's actually a technique which I have thought about trying instead of cutting away around the edges. I wonder which program/tool is the best suited for that task? I'm thinking that it probably would be optimal to get a gradient from the shadows of the object to full white/other color of the background.

But mostly I'm too lazy to do anything like that and instead try to have an acceptable background or choose photo angles to not have to spend time post-processing with the computer ;)