Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

Dune Taxi

Hey All,

This build is still a WIP but I like where it is at right now so I thought I'd let everyone take a look.

It is a Dune Taxi modeled after a beetle. I was initially inspired by this image.

Let me know what you think.

8475575519_1d43ffc7da.jpg

8476184396_101e8db5f7.jpg

Thanks!

rongYIREN

It kind of looks like the Galaxy Squad Crater Creeper. Anyway, the passenger area looks rather interesting.

It kind of looks like the Galaxy Squad Crater Creeper. Anyway, the passenger area looks rather interesting.

Wow, indeed it does, never saw that before. The legs are exactly the same, good bug legs though.

I can't really decide if I'm intrigued or grossed out by this :wink:

Regardless it's interesting and cool. Definitely two ideas I never though would play well together, but you did it great!

Do you normally do a lot of LDD before building? I quite like watching your builds, and always so interesting and unique... is it cause you do it in LDD first?

I can't really decide if I'm intrigued or grossed out by this :wink:

Regardless it's interesting and cool. Definitely two ideas I never though would play well together, but you did it great!

Do you normally do a lot of LDD before building? I quite like watching your builds, and always so interesting and unique... is it cause you do it in LDD first?

I am somewhat of a newbie with LDD. I did briefly mess around with it when it first came out a few years ago but just recently started up again.

I am finding that it is useful for figuring out a build. I'm not so sure that I'll build this one but I am considering to build a newer LDD MOC that I just posted to the WIP thread.

Although handy, I still prefer building the MOCs the old fashioned way - by hand. :sweet:

As always, your imagination and building skills impress. Great job, and moreso for being new to LDD, which certainly has its quirks.

I've always wished that LEGO would make Sci-Fi based City sets, with everyday stuff reimagined to fit a more future tech world. I can imagine this thing skittering up to the curb to the cries of, "Taxi! Hey, Taxi!"