Captain Nemo

MOC(s): "Almost Got 'Im"

You should know two things about me; first, clearly I like building my own creations as this is one of many I’ve started posting to the Eurobricks community (And many more to come!), and two, more importantly I love Batman: The Animated Series.

I think Batman: The Animated Series is arguably the best representation of Batman outside of comics, and I love many of the designs, characters, and episodes of the series. Because of this, I’ve started re-creating episodes of the show in Lego, with the first being my favorite episode, “Almost Got ‘Im”

8478868799_f7a4e9e1df.jpg

I’ve been posting these on my Flickr over the past few days, but at Eurobricks, you all get them in one big chunk! So enjoy! Click the pictures to see the full Flickr page with extended photo descriptions. More pictures of set pieces can also be found on my photostream.

8480361776_dab95a6754_n.jpg

"How We Almost Got 'Im"

Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy meet at the Stacked Deck to play cards and talk of the time they came closest to taking out Batman.

---

8479672327_c3d14332e5_n.jpg

"How Ivy Almost Got 'Im"

Poison Ivy tells how she almost killed Batman with exploding pumpkins, only to be foiled by a remote controlled Batmobile.

---

8481154445_9ba2fdf909_n.jpg

"How Two-Face Almost Got 'Im"

Two-Face recalls how he almost squashed the Batman with a Giant Penny, but was foiled by his own coin!

---

8482245293_d28d63bfb8_n.jpg

"How Killer Croc Almost Got 'Im"

Killer Croc yells out how he almost killed Batman by throwing a rock at him. It was a big rock...

---

8482887605_8db7a86079_n.jpg

"How Penguin Almost Got 'Im"

The Penguin describes how he almost killed Batman with a large Cassowary, but the bird failed to kill the Bat

---

8486036950_1a933575cb_n.jpg

"How Joker Almost Got 'Im"

Joker happily tells how just last night he almost killed Batman with a Laugh Electrocution Machine, only for the Dark Knight to be saved by Catwoman. The former who is captured by Harley Quinn and is currently going to be chopped up into Cat-food and sent to Batman--Remember,
there's more than one way to get someone!
Hahahaha!

---

8487256998_7cc5da30ea_n.jpg

"How Batman Got 'Em"

Plot Twist! Batman and the GCPD were holding a sting, and Batman was dressed as Killer Croc just waiting to find out the location of Catwoman from Joker's story.

---

8488162148_e6eb491821_n.jpg

"How Harley Almost Got 'Er"

If it were not for Batman, Harley Quinn might have chopped Catwoman into Cat-Food!

---

8487130341_67c7ef6090.jpg

"How Catwoman Almost Got 'Im"

Thanks for coming after me…

I owed you…

Well I’d like to think our relationship isn’t just restricted to saving each other from freaks and weirdoes; and that maybe we’d have a place for each other without Gotham, without the freaks, maybe…without masks…

…Maybe…

(Sirens, Catwoman looks away as Batman glides off)

…hummm…
almost got ‘Im

Enjoy

~Nemo

Edited by Captain Nemo

I never watched many episodes of the show but I remember catching this one. Great renditions of a memorable episode! You always build great MOCs but your presentations are always top-notch as well. :thumbup:

I never watched many episodes of the show but I remember catching this one. Great renditions of a memorable episode! You always build great MOCs but your presentations are always top-notch as well. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Vary nice job conveying the episode! Well done. Have you thought about making more episodes?

Thanks! Yes I am looking into making more episodes. I'd like to do Mad Love, Read My Lips, and Heart of Ice among others eventually.

Ahhh!!! This is awesome...I can't wait to see more!

Also, I'd argue that B:tAS was as good as any comic or movie rendition of Batman, putting it up there with the very best we have ever seen of the Dark Knight.

holy crap this is awesome!

Batman TAS was the greatest animated series growing up. I'm nearly 25 years old now and I have to say that nothing comes close.

You were able to capture so much detail in such a small diorama space for each scene. Awesome work!!

Love it, love it, love it! :wub:

You even recreated the memorable "Aviary of Doom"! Which certainly proves that there is some "drama in your soul"! :grin:

Looking forward to your other Bat-MOCs.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Now that explains why the Killer Croc story was so...eehhh....

Good plot! And I love the details of each story! Keep it up!

All great builds, Captain Nemo. Killer Croc's story was the best, I think. The rooftop romance very well photographed. Well done all round!

Some of the finest Bat-MOCing in a long time I have seen 'captain Nemo'......each one a piece of Bat-wonderful art :wub: ......Bat-Brick On 'Captain Nemo' ! :grin:

Absolutely love this. That's actually one of my favourite episodes of TAS and you've recreated it perfectly. Like the others, I would love to see many, many more from you because you do these Oh so very well. :P

I said it on your flickr account, but I'll say it here too. LOVE THESE, they got me to rewatch the episode. Well done.

These are just great. BTAS is my favourite screen representation of Batman, and the Lego sets pay pretty good homage to the look of the series, but these wonderful MOCs show just how closely the two can come together.

"Almost got 'im" is a superb episode, and if I had to pick a couple of others "Harley and Ivy" and "Point of View" would be up there.