GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

everyone is jumping about on the pricing.. it's clear that lego prices have risen globally this year (or less parts for certain price points), and it looks like this time the USA didnt get protected from this either... well welcome to the rest of the world's issues!

maybe it's supplies/oil price issues.

i still think they do a great job, and the build qualities are fantastic.

It's a great set, but I have a few issues.

$100 for that? yeah yeah it has 1200 pieces, don't care, they are tiny pieces. It's also more of a fair than a market. I rather pay $60-$70 for the Winter Carousel than $100 for a "Winter Market".

Still a very pretty set, but by far the weakest in the series... but that doesn't mean much.

Edited by Bricknblue

Dat Carousel. I really like the look of those ornate horses, could prove to be quite useful for gypsy purposes. The set, as a whole, has a nice abundance of foodstuff, children and interesting/useful pieces. I'll probably have to purchase one of these, provided I can get it at a semi-acceptable price (US pricing hopefully).

Carousel approves of the Carousel.

To each his/her own! I really like the WV Market. $100 is a fair price (to me anyway) and I will buy 2 or 3. One to build, one to mod, one for parts!

Thanks for the blue arch! Now I can get serious about the Market Street.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Wow, this is really beautiful. I'm flabbergasted by the complaints; this looks to me like a set that could easily cost over $100 USD, and I'm pleased to see something this substantial, even if it is one of the two most expensive sets in the line. At least one certainly gets what one pays for - this has nine human minifigures, plus (uniquely printed!) horses, lots of accessories, mechanical functions... there's really a lot here.

I don't know from where TLG draws its inspiration, but some of the main attractions of German Christmas markets are (don't know about the rest of the world):

* Candy stalls (with red candy apples, brown star cookies like in 41006, big brown Lebkuchen hearts made of 3176)

* Woodcraft (probably hard to do with bricks, maybe nutcrackers or a christmas pyramid)

* Glühwein and Bratwurst stalls

* small ferris wheel or a kid's carousel

* big Christmas tree (already had that in 10199 Winter Toy Shop)

* Christmas tree sellers (already had that in 10216 Winter Bakery)

Well... wow. sgeureka's description (from almost five months ago!) of what a Christmas market should have matches this set almost perfectly; it's practically a blueprint for what we're getting. Very nicely done, sgeureka.

:sceptic: I was really hoping to like this one.

While I love the idea of the WV sets, this will make two in a row that I pass on. My wife got me the first three as Christmas presents, which was a terrific little tradition for a few years. $100 is just too much to spend on this line. The cottage last year looked nice but was far too large compared to the other sets. The carousel looks very, very nice but the set doesn't do much for me. Even then, I'd probably go for it just to keep the tradition going, but not for this price. Oh well.

This is what I think, though I'll still get this one. I used to love the deal that were these sets- $55-$70. Now we got two in a row that are $100. I like how they were smaller, as they take less space on a shelf/table. Oh well.

Also, am I the only one who absolutely hates the "tables" in this set? :wacko:

Got to play with the carousel at the unveiling at Brickfete. It was fun cranking it around and around. It wouldn't be too difficult to motorize it if one is so inclined.

I'm glad to see official pictures. I think for overall size and what you get, the price is fair, but I was hoping for less, maybe around $80-90. I liked the cheaper models. They provided a great small set purchase with lots of charm and whimsy. The Cottage was great looking, but a tad large compared to the rest. This fits in size wise, I think, but the price puts it off a bit.

I am super excited for more dark blue arches. That should help out the people (like me) trying to rebuild older modulars. But I'm always open to more dark blue pieces in general.

The horses are beautiful and the gold saddles are icing.

I'm a tad sad (and happy) about the green princess top from the Kingdoms Joust. I ordered her separately since I didn't buy that set, but now I'd have got her this way too. Granted I do have the dress slope and this doesn't have that.

Either way, I will definitely get one. The question is do I get it in October for double points or wait until Black Friday timing for the next holiday special give-away set....

The mechanism for the carrousel is very nicely integrated and the printed horses are beautiful. It's a nice, cozy winter market scene, and we get lots of little accessories, but somehow it doesn't feel like a €90 set to me. I didn't specifically notice the dark blue arches at first, but it's a really nice gesture by TLG to those calling for the re-release of Market Street.

GRogall scores the pictures again! Awesome!

The press release came straight from TLG, but thanks for posting the pictures nonetheless GRogall.

Sorry to go off the topic of Lego but Astrid is super hot.

:head_back:

-Sci

Eurobricks is a LEGO discussion forum; we're here to discuss Astrid's work, not her appearance. :hmpf_bad:

I love 1) functioning carousel and operator’s booth with moving bucket challenge; 2) so many minifigures; 3) candy stand.

But bakery stand again? We have #10216 already. Last year’s holiday set for Lego Shop can simply replace the bench.

And finally there is no more light brick which is a traditional brought by Jamie! I think a portion of the price premium for previous sets is from the light brick.

I didn't check previous winter village sets, but in this one, there are approx. 140 1x1 round plates out of the 1200 pieces. And there are many other tiny pieces, so this is why the set doesn't look too big despite the 1200 pieces.

Thank you for sharing with us these images.

In this set there are various pros and cons: it is a nice set, functional, rich colors, characters and pieces uncommon. As cons is the price: by Christmas I think come out a myriad set cute, including various sets large and expensive and we must therefore make a careful choice and a small sacrifice in giving to others this set, although I do not know if this it's worth it.

Grogall, thanks for the fantastic pictures. I like the set a lot, and the price is ok. I'm not sure I'll get two of them (as with the houses), but there's a lot of lovely details to fill a square of winter houses. My favourite are the elegant white horses with decorations, the sand green bag, and the mirror stickers on the carousel. I'm not so happy about the carousel roof being not brickbuilt, but I guess, it still looks fine. Definitely looking forward to October (I guess I have to plan my trip to Munich then to get the set).

I'am a little disappointed. I really like the little carousel but for me it's not fitting in a winter market. IMO more boutigues with an inn or a bigger building would be better. I don't say im not liking it but it's not what I expected, but I have to say that in spite that the carousel stands out the most for my taste, it's the best thing in the set and I really like the design of it. Last year I didn't had the money for the cottage so I thin this year I will buy that then I'll think twice if I should get this or not. Although the set reminds me of the Advent market in Austria which is beautiful in december.

Oh and thnaks for the fantastic pictures again GRogall! You are like Prometheus for AFOLs:D

Edited by Csacsa234

(I guess I have to plan my trip to Munich then to get the set).

Getting exited already :tongue: But plan a trip for middle of September since I'm sure it will be a VIP early release..........

Oh and thnaks for the fantastic pictures again GRogall! You are like Prometheus for AFOLs:D

That sounds very ominous!? :devil_laugh:

I think this looks brilliant, and the price - being £10 less than the WV Cottage - is more reasonable than last year. I'll definitely be getting one, and will probably get another too as a Christmas present for my mum.

Edited by Paperballpark

OMG! This is so beautiful! Some news and sets makes me wet in the eyes, and this is one of them!!! Thanks for sharing GRrogall!

Edited by Chilis

Think I'd prefer a smaller/ cheaper set with just the carousel part. But I might be interested if it ever hits £50 after Christmas. £80 seems a bit steep.

I am really dissapointed. Firstly, this is not a market, this is a carneval. It doesnt have any holiday vibe and thats the biggest problem IMO

Secondly, price per velue is horrible. I didnt buy cottage, because it was too big and this year I just dont see how this set fits in first three sets...

Overall its a nice set, but its just not woth getting