GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

Gee, everyone give 'GRogall' a break please, he posts images when he can and out of the kindness of his own heart......so just wait for I too must wait to see these images of the market. :classic:

Yeah, I was just bored and 'thinking aloud' myself, sorry.

I've only been to a traditional German Xmas market once, and it was a long time ago. It's interesting to think about what Lego might do with it.

Wikipedia in English lists a nativity scene as a major attraction, doubt they would do that. How about a big gingerbread man?

It's the little things in the Winter Village series that attract me, the toys in the first set for example.

Joe

Sounds like a splendid addition to my exponentially growing Winter Village. I wonder however, what the large building will be as a market will most likely include lots of little stalls.

Not really big news but this Dutch shop is labeling this set Lego Vintage Market instead of Winter Village: http://www.brickshop....html?Itemid=56

That shop has put up the wrong names before and caused rampant baseless speculation. Early this year they were saying LOTR would have an "Eagle's Nest" set, which IIRC turned out to be the Black Gate. Don't put too much stock in their pre-release names. The set will be what GRogall says it is!

Edited by Gryphon Ink

Hmmm. Very quaint, but it feels a bit, I dunno, small for $100 USD? Lots of small builds, and a lack of a large central structure I suppose. Wish it was a bit cheaper, but I'm sure I'll get it.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Love the printing on the horse and yes it does seem a bit small for the price. Wish they had motorized the carousel.

Play functions look great. The scene with the guy giving a present on the bench is hilarious! Makes me wonder if one of them is his wife...yes, I mean the one on the right.

Dark blue 1x8x2 arches! You know they did that on purpose.

the price will plummet on BL for these, and we can all make BL'd Market street a hell of a lot easier

Looks cool, but in my opinion, I don't like as much as the last few. My Winter Village is overflowed with little things, so the stands for me aren't necessary. The pieces are great (love that horse) and I do love the carasel (on iPhone so no spell check). I'm gonna still pick it up, but I do need a bigger place for my village!

I think Astrid did another great job on this set! the colours are great. the Minifigures are well chosen too, I love the horse.... what more do you want? other then next years set.....................

:wub::wub::wub: I love the little bucket game and how it also powers the carousel!

Probably one of the better ones! But $100... :sceptic:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

That set really talks to me, because with some few changes, mainly replacing/removing the white bricks, it can be turned into a scene from a summermarked.

The carrousel is cute and it's funny that it spin.

Love it, especially those dark blue arches! :wub: I think I like this better than another building.

A carousel! :laugh: This set is definitely one I look forward to getting. It's colorful, fun-looking, detailed, and has great pieces! I hope they have a physical version of the set open for display at BrickFair VA next month. I'd love to see it hands-on. :classic:

GRogall scores the pictures again! Awesome!

That carousel and operator's booth are really great, but I'm not so sure about the set as a whole. Too many little things in one set generally make it less attractive to me. This feels like $100 (insert disgustingly high Euro / blatant highway robbery Aussie price here) for a bunch of stalls. I guess that's exactly what a Winter Market is, and like I said, the carousel is beautiful - but I sure wish they had given us the carousel and one or two fewer stalls, and kept a lower price point.

I didn't like the price tag on the Cottage either, but at least it was a nice large structure that felt like an expensive set.

I may feel more enthusiastic after I warm up to it a little. You can't deny the beauty of that carousel. And those horses are calling my name.

Great to see the 1 x 8 x 2 arches in dark blue make a comeback. Now if only LEGO would make the dark blue 1 x 2 inverted slope easier to get :)

Gosh this set looks awesome, I particularly like the carousel design, thankyou very much GRogall (I now look forward to watching the video when I get more internet) :classic:

:sceptic: I was really hoping to like this one.

While I love the idea of the WV sets, this will make two in a row that I pass on. My wife got me the first three as Christmas presents, which was a terrific little tradition for a few years. $100 is just too much to spend on this line. The cottage last year looked nice but was far too large compared to the other sets. The carousel looks very, very nice but the set doesn't do much for me. Even then, I'd probably go for it just to keep the tradition going, but not for this price. Oh well.

I suppose this is just good encouragement to build my own, but I'll miss getting them from my wife.

I think Astrid did another great job on this set! the colours are great. the Minifigures are well chosen too, I love the horse.... what more do you want? other then next years set.....................

My sentiments exactly!

Thank you for posting the set details and pictures. As always, I can't wait!

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

This is a really beautiful set - and it put the Winter Village line on my radar (having just now come out of my Dark Ages). I'll have to talk to the Missus and see if we can find a display table during Christmas and start a little tradition . . .

Ragnar

The set has a number of fantastic pieces that, individually, are great to see, but the overall set is the absolute worst in the Winter Village line for me. From the pictures, I can't imagine how there are more than 1200 parts,, and the price is ludicrous. Even an earlier rumored estimate of 89.99 USD seemed steep so I expected much more than this. Now, to see a price $10 and for much less, it is disappointing. I realize it is more of a carnival and not a true outdoor market, but the color scheme feels jarring to me compared to the more subdued color palettes of past winter village sets (dark orange, dark green, reddish brown, tan, dark red, etc.). Last year, the light blue color scheme of the cottage was a prominent factor in disliking the set. This year, I feel colors are an issue again. I prefer greater cohesion in my winter village.