GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

I did not want to make my guess public, but since you ask I may be very wrong with my speculations...

You are living in Munich or near Munich. TLG Germany HQ is in Munich. So you are either employed (I don't think so), or a close person of yours is employed (more likely) or you are working for a company that is working for TLG (most likely). I'd bet on graphics/advertising.

Detective PsyKater over and out. :grin:

Sorry!

Three strikes and you’re out!

I don't think we will ever know how GRogall gets his info, but who cares :laugh: lol as long as it keeps coming. Keep the info flowing GRogall cheers

I'm glad to hear Lego is continuing with the WV series. It got me out of my Dark Ages.

The same here!!

Thank you very much GRogall for the info! I can't wait to see the first images of the set...

A winter market? good news! I just need to put a Christmas market in the winter village diorama I'm building ... about this... post the photos in a few months ... stay tuned!

Am excited about this - it's normally October that they reveal the winter village additions, isn't it. With the weather in the UK being so cold (in summer) it seems like any time will be appropriate. Can't wait till Christmas now!

More info on this set!

10235 Winter Village Market €89.99

Don't have the piece count yet, but will soon.........

A Mod should add the set # to the thread header........ thanks :tongue:

More info on this set!

10235 Winter Village Market €89.99

Don't have the piece count yet, but will soon.........

A Mod should add the set # to the thread header........ thanks :tongue:

Great new! Thanks Grogall!

Thanks. The price is cheaper than 10229. Does that mean we cannot expect too much? Especially some bricks are needed to create winter atmosphere.

Very exciting! I'm happy with the piece count... If it were up to me, the Winter sets would traditionally have a $70-80USD price point, with the occasional flagship set, like last year's house thrown in every four or five years. Keeping these affordable is a guaranteed way to keep this line successful for a long, long time.

I agree. With all of the great exclusives LEGO offers, I'd love to see these winter village sets more affordable. I think the Cottage was the highest price they should go with, but I definitely want it cheaper than that. Being a holiday exclusive, you'd think they'd want that sweet price point to capture as many people as they can.

Thank you very much for this further information, grogall! :classic:

90 Euros seems quite ok. So the set will be bigger than the toy shop, bakery and post office, but smaller than last year's cottage.

I doubt whether a house will be included in this set, too, since the set name doesn't indicate this. But that of course depends on how many market stalls there'll be included, how big and detailed they are and which other accessory there'll be included. But I personally rather think that there'll be none included (or if any, than only a very small one - but of which building much smaller than all previous Winter buildings could you think of?).

And I'm not sure whether there'll be a Christmas tree in this set. On the one hand we already got one in the toy shop and the most Winter set buyers supposably collect all Winter sets anyway. On the other hand the toy shop was released four years back, a Christmas tree is a very important part of a Christmas market and maybe TLG wants even to offer customers, who didn't have the chance to buy the toy shop, to get a Christmas tree.

What do you think?

I agree. With all of the great exclusives LEGO offers, I'd love to see these winter village sets more affordable. I think the Cottage was the highest price they should go with, but I definitely want it cheaper than that. Being a holiday exclusive, you'd think they'd want that sweet price point to capture as many people as they can.

Interesting. There the opinions theme to diverge.

For me the Winter set is the only set which I constantly plan to buy every year since I want a whole winter village. So I'm even up to pay even more for theses sets. A winter ski lift and a new winter train would be amazing - but these would for sure be more than 100 Euros.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

---snip---

Interesting. There the opinions theme to diverge.

For me the Winter set is the only set which I constantly plan to buy every year since I want a whole winter village. So I'm even up to pay even more for theses sets. A winter ski lift and a new winter train would be amazing - but these would for sure be more than 100 Euros.

Klaus-Dieter

True! anybody who started with the Winter Toy Shop isn't going to quit now, if they are a serious collector, as per the rerelease of another train!?

I doubt that we are going to see one soon, I think that 10173 Holiday train was just released at the wrong time and is turning out to be Lego's Ugly Duckling.

It was really hated for its colours back in 2006, and now it seems that most people want one, maybe if they had released it in a different order things would have gone different for that set!

Edited by GRogall

Wow, thanks, GRogall.

Just this morning, I was thinking about whether I should build my planned winter scene on one or two baseplates. I guess it's (at least) two then. 90 EUR sound way more expansive than I would have thought, but as long as the size of the set correlates with the price, I am fine with it.

I have no intention in quitting, but there comes a point where some sets cost too much or there are too many high dollar sets to collect. So I'm just hoping the winter village sets stay at reasonable prices. I love for the theme to continue though.

Ditto.....I'm not stopping neither, so the market will be cheaper than the cottage......I now can't wait for images. :grin:

I think for me, the Winter theme is so special, and becoming such a tradition with my family, that it sort of operates outside my conventional Lego budget. Yes, like the rest of you, I'm quite sure I'll be getting it... Bur it almost doesn't feel like a Lego purchase. It's more like... I dunno, Christmas decor?! So yes, as long as the price stays nice and conventional, this sort of becomes a purchase outside of my personal Lego hobby. It becomes a family thing-- so please keep it that way TLG!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I hope it will have a lot of small and unique buildings and models in general. a price being a little high, gives me a bit of a concern, since last years cottage set was awful in size and was sticking out of a mood that first 3 sets made...

I'm a bit disappointed about the price. I didn't catch last year's Cottage, and hoped I could catch up by buying both sets this year. This won't happen if both sets are that expensive. I wish they'd stuck with the cozy sized sets.

How much was the Cottage in euros?

Sorry!

Three strikes and you’re out!

I always imagine you to be a guy with a web spider program and a magic URL and password or something, but it's none of my business really. It's great that you get us these early hi-res photos, thanks.

My toy shop got put away today for my impending move back to the States. What a beautiful set it is! It seemed a little on the fragile side when I put it together, but it took awhile to break it down into parts.

I've not yet managed to secure the new cottage for my villiage, but will do so this year hopefully even though it seems a little too large and has too much snow on the roof.

Anyway, thanks, Joe

^ It wouldn't surprise me if GRogall has been specifically chosen by TLG to drip-feed AFoLs with information about new releases, to get them all hyped up about new releases in advance. Deliberate leaks, if you like ;)

However he does it (are we even sure he's a 'he'?), I'm glad he does! :)

I always imagine you to be a guy with a web spider program and a magic URL and password or something, but it's none of my business really.

A TLG employee told me that as soon as images got moved to a particular public facing server, GRogall leaks them, so the web spider seems to be spot on. I've always guessed the images come from the image directory for the LEGO shop web server. Where else does TLG absolutely have to post images of every set?

^ It wouldn't surprise me if GRogall has been specifically chosen by TLG to drip-feed AFoLs with information about new releases, to get them all hyped up about new releases in advance. Deliberate leaks, if you like ;)

The same TLG employee seemed pretty frustrated that the leaks continued, both from the point of view that they knew the server wasn't secure so nobody should put pre-release images on it, and that the server hasn't been configured to block robots scanning for new images. If GRogall is being deliberately drip fed, it's a secret from large slices of the company. Their official line is it shouldn't be happening, so I wouldn't be surprised if TLG make it much harder at some time in the future.

Me too. :classic:

And since he doesn't abbreviate his first name everywhere, you can be sure about the "he". Didn't look female when I happened to meet him at the Pasing store opening, either. :wink:

First this isn't a GRogall discussion thread!. Second, only a small part of the images I retrieve are from the S@H server its actually less then 10% remember the images at S@H are usually 2400x1800 pxl a lot of my main images are 5000 to 6000 pxl.

People in Billund have my home phone # and know who I am, I have also been told by several people in TLG that what I do is fine as long as I don't release confidentially market images, which I never do! 3 my name is clearly present you just can't decipher it.

as for the gender part, would it make a difference one way or the other?

now please return to the topic!

Edited by GRogall