GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

Don't have much info on the set and not quiet sure about the set #

I think it will be like a German christmas market which are very common here in Germany around advent time.

Official press-release 13.07.2013

All pictures link to HR version which can be up to +5000.pxl

10235 Winter Village Market

a_10235_box_front_1000.jpg

Ages 12+. 1,261 pieces.

US $99.99 - CA $129.99 - DE 89.99€ - UK 79.99 £ - DK 799.00 DKK

Available Beginning of October at LEGO Brand stores & S@H

Collect and create a fun festive scene with the Winter Village Market!

Bring home the holiday spirit with the Winter Village Market, continuing the popular LEGO®

Winter Village Series. Turn the handle and take a ride on the rocking horse as the carousel

spins! Visit the carnival booth. Fill up on holiday and fair favorites including a pie, pretzel and

croissant at the baker’s stand, chicken and sausage at the grill stand or sweet treats at the

candy shop. Celebrate a holiday season full of traditions and building with the

Winter Village Market! Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children.

• Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children

• Features functioning carousel and operator’s booth with moving bucket challenge,

baker’s stand, grill stand, candy stand, 2 streetlamps, 3 trees, a bench and 3 tables

• Accessories include cups, teddy bear, a cat, scarf, purse and lots of food elements

• Carousel horses feature new ornamental headwear design

• Turn the handle to make the carousel rotate

• Take a ride on the carousel

• Watch the carousel horses really rock!

• Fill up on holiday treats at the bakery, grill and candy stands!

• Carousel and operator’s booth measure 7" (19cm) high, 10" (25cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep

• Booths measure over 3" (9cm) high, 3" (8cm) wide and 1" (4cm) deep

• Combine with 10229 Winter Village Cottage for an even bigger winter scene!

c_10235_detail_1_1000.jpg

b_10235_box_side_200.jpg d_10235_detail_2_200.jpg e_10235_detail_3_200.jpg f_10235_detail_4_200.jpg

g_10235_detail_5_200.jpgh_10235_detail_6_200.jpgi_10235_detail_7_200.jpg j_10235_detail_8_200.jpg

k_10235_detail_9_200.jpg l_10235_detail_10_200.jpgm_10235_detail_11_200.jpg n_10235_detail_12_200.jpg

Minifigures

o_10235_minifigures_1_800.jpg

p_10235_minifures_2_200.jpg r_10235_minifigures_3_200.jpg s_10235_minifigures_4_200.jpg t_10235_horse_200.jpg

t1_10235_minifigures_5_200.jpg t2_10235_minifigures_6_200.jpg t3_10235_minifigures_7_200.jpg t4_10235_minifigure_8_200.jpg

Accessories

u_10235_accessories_1_200.jpg v_10235_accessories_2_200.jpg w_10235_accessories_3_200.jpg x_10235_accessories_4_200.jpg

y_10235_accessories_5_200.jpg zz_10235_accessories_7_200.jpg z_10235_accessories_6_200.jpg

Designer Video staring Astrid

[/url]

Enjoy! :classic::classic::classic:

Edited by GRogall
Added official press-release

Sounds great, thanks for the heads up.

Winter Village is definitely one of my favorite themes, great all-around family fare. Hope it continues indefinitely.

Joe

We can trust in GRogall as always, hmm.......sounds nice a Christmas market - I wonder if there'll be a turkey seller eh ? :wink:

Thank you, Grogall.

I had my own small christmas market a few weeks ago after putting the Winter Village's post office and bakery amidst my modular town. I am very happy that the market is going to get extended at the end of the year.

P1160140_s_zpsd2c991c6.jpg

Edited by sgeureka

Thanks for sharing. If it is a christmas market in fact it definitely has to be better than mine from the VV-Contest :grin::devil:

No - really, I am looking forward to seeing this set, holding it in my hands, build it and celebrate christmas :cry_happy:

Thanks for letting us know. Odd that we have information already, but I'll take it! The winter village theme is one of my favorites behind the Modulars, although I think the WV sets may be moving up ahead of them. The WV are the only guaranteed purchases every year when they come out.

I'm sure we'll have to wait a while before we get pictures and further descriptions, but it will be nice to think about it in the meantime.

Don't have much info on the set and not quiet sure about the set #

I think it will be like a German christmas market which are very common here in Germany around advent time.

Thanks for the info. Like many others WV is one of my favorite themes right behind the modulars.

Anybody have a photo of a typical German Christmas Market?

Andy D

If you pause the ucs x wing designer vid at 5 seconds you will get official confirmation.

If you pause the ucs x wing designer vid at 5 seconds you will get official confirmation.

I see.

When she hands the clapboard to the person behind the camera, under 'Scene' it says 'WINTER MARKET'

WinterMarketVid.png

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I see a stall with a lady selling apples and grapes/cherries and maybe a butcher shop with turkey and meat stuff and a tree seller of course or maybe a stall selling christmas decorations and flowers. Given the previous sets, it must include one big building and some smaller stalls.

I don't know from where TLG draws its inspiration, but some of the main attractions of German Christmas markets are (don't know about the rest of the world):

* Candy stalls (with red candy apples, brown star cookies like in 41006, big brown Lebkuchen hearts made of 3176)

* Woodcraft (probably hard to do with bricks, maybe nutcrackers or a christmas pyramid)

* Glühwein and Bratwurst stalls

* small ferris wheel or a kid's carousel

* big Christmas tree (already had that in 10199 Winter Toy Shop)

* Christmas tree sellers (already had that in 10216 Winter Bakery)

Thank you very much for this information, GRogall! :classic:

Since the beginning of the Winter theme I was always missing bigger Christmas stalls which are really an important and well-known part of a Winter diorama. So a Christmas market set is really welcome! :thumbup:

I don't know from where TLG draws its inspiration, but some of the main attractions of German Christmas markets are (don't know about the rest of the world):

* Candy stalls (with red candy apples, brown star cookies like in 41006, big brown Lebkuchen hearts made of 3176)

* Woodcraft (probably hard to do with bricks, maybe nutcrackers or a christmas pyramid)

* Glühwein and Bratwurst stalls

* small ferris wheel or a kid's carousel

* big Christmas tree (already had that in 10199 Winter Toy Shop)

* Christmas tree sellers (already had that in 10216 Winter Bakery)

I completely agree with youm sgeureka!

That's exactly how I think the set will look like. The only thing I wonder about is whether there will be a building included. For sure there won't be a big building, but perhaps a small one. What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I wonder how you always are the first to get that info Grogall. But thanks a lot!!!

I have my own theory about this... :grin:

Thank you very much for this information, GRogall! :classic:

Since the beginning of the Winter theme I was always missing bigger Christmas stalls which are really an important and well-known part of a Winter diorama. So a Christmas market set is really welcome! :thumbup:

-snip-

Klaus-Dieter

Ah, so you are still alive :thumbup:

I have my own theory about this... :grin:

....and that is?

....and that is?

I did not want to make my guess public, but since you ask I may be very wrong with my speculations...

You are living in Munich or near Munich. TLG Germany HQ is in Munich. So you are either employed (I don't think so), or a close person of yours is employed (more likely) or you are working for a company that is working for TLG (most likely). I'd bet on graphics/advertising.

Detective PsyKater over and out. :grin:

I did not want to make my guess public, but since you ask I may be very wrong with my speculations...

You are living in Munich or near Munich. TLG Germany HQ is in Munich. So you are either employed (I don't think so), or a close person of yours is employed (more likely) or you are working for a company that is working for TLG (most likely). I'd bet on graphics/advertising.

Sorry!

Three strikes and you’re out!