Sign in to follow this  
Kristel

Building Drive: Lost Temple

Here's my second entry to the Wonderful Things Building Drive, entitled: "Lost Temple".

An intrepid explorer has discovered the Lost Temple deep in the thick jungle of South America. The Lost Temple shows its age, having been worn down by the elements over the centuries. It is now overgrown with plant life, but hints of its former grandeur remain.

8480770791_eee83f9d06_z.jpg

8481858360_a703897e22_z.jpg

8480767867_13b49d6fe0_z.jpg

I realise now I should have taken a couple of shots without the base to remain within the 8x8 rule. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow before the contest closes.

Interesting how you've given those pillars an "aged" look.

Edited by DraikNova

Agree! Those pillars are awesome and also the use of the seagrass is great :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! I'm glad you like it.

Fantastic job as always Kristal, love the pillars and the grass and vines growing everywhere are really nice! :thumbup: You seem to like using CMFs for this drive... :look:

My single objection to the build is that it doesn't (for me at least) look like the entrance or a section of a temple, but more like a triumphal arch. Other than that, spectacular work!

Fantastic job as always Kristal, love the pillars and the grass and vines growing everywhere are really nice! :thumbup: You seem to like using CMFs for this drive... :look:

My single objection to the build is that it doesn't (for me at least) look like the entrance or a section of a temple, but more like a triumphal arch. Other than that, spectacular work!

Thanks, Kai! The sets we have tend to be City, Friends, Creator and Star Wars, which don't give a lot of options for the action theme! But we do have all the CMFs, so they get to stand in for whatever theme I need.

I was thinking a part of a temple, but you're right - it could be a stand alone arch.