rriggs

MOC - New Fire Headquarters

Hi all

Time to rebuild the fire headquarters into a modular-ish style headquarters.

Here the start of work:

Imag0088.jpg

And the nearly finished exterior:

Imag0089.jpg

Imag0090.jpg

Imag0091.jpg

The roof comes off and the floors come apart but at the moment there is no interior. I need to put in some interior walls, etc. The staircases and fireman's pole are there but that's it at the moment. The big opening at the bag will have hanger style folding doors when done.

More soon...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Impressive....turning a mod'ed set into a MOC.......and it reminds me of the main fire station in the Adelaide CBD.....can't wait to see more 'rriggs'.....Brick On ! :grin:

Hi

Update time

Taken apart so that the work on the interior can commence:

Imag0092.jpg

The ground floor/garages. You can see reception and the staircase to the left. Some equipment is just about visible and you can see that I've started work on the yard area at the rear of the building.

Imag0093.jpg

The upper levels. Some partition walls have started to go in but on hold while I get the ground floor and exterior finished:

Imag0094.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Another update:

The compound at the back is now done and fenced in with a nice set of gates.

Imag0096.jpg

Close up of the compound where you get a good view of the bay numbers (reversed to match the labelling out front) and the garden for lunch breaks and for the firemen to fettle while on standby. There will be a barbeque here too eventually.

Imag0097.jpg

The hanger-style door is now done and works pretty well. Blocks bay 4 a fair bit but works quite nicely and is still superior to a fixed wall.

Imag0098.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Hi all

It's been a couple of weeks since the last update - That's because I've been busy.

Overall view of the front after some extending. Main changes are that the front is now on a street using LEGO roadplates - This was a difficult and fiddly operation to lift the building off the existing plates and move it forwards by 7 studs! As you can also see the building has been extended to the left hand side with a new larger reception area:

Imag0100.jpg

Close up of the extension. I am particularly pleased with the roof and the much more impressive front entrance compared to the original building. Think I might need to move the lamp post though as it's a bit in the way...

Imag0101.jpg

The back of the building has also been updated and extended. Main change is the replacement of the hanger door with sliding shutter doors. Allows for much more room inside and provides a much more stable base for the upper floors. The whole compound has also been made larger with proper outside bays for the support vehicles and still space for the garden (that will be the next thing to be done):

Imag0102.jpg

Square-on view of the front with all the shutters up:

Imag0103.jpg

The interior walls have also now been completed. This is the top floor. From left to right this will be the Chief's office, board room, training room and then the open plan area which will be the call centre:

Imag0104.jpg

The middle floor (again from left to right) will be the firefighters' rec room, firefighters' dorm and the toilets/showers. The open plan area on this floor will be the canteen/café. There's also now an outside seating area accessible through off this area. You can also see the firefighters' pole dropping down through the rec room floor. This had to be moved as part of the redesign as it was blocking the rear shutter from opening in its old position.

Imag0105.jpg

The interior of the new reception area. Considerably more spacious than the old 6 wide area in the old building!

Imag0106.jpg

Lastly, the interior of the garages. This is the only area that is pretty much finished. Fully tiled floor plus equipment for restocking, repairing and servicing the fire engines, some spare wheels and a diagnostic computer. At the far end you can see where the pole comes down and the fire exit:

Imag0107.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Wow, that's amazing! Much improved. That new reception area really makes this look real, and I agree that the roof is fabulous. Just out of curiousity, what's the total footprint of this? The width is obvious, but I had trouble on the depth.

Edited by meyerc13

Very impressive MOC. The Quadruple modular size gives plenty of room for details too. .

I like the folding hangar door at the back.. :)

Edited by Venunder

Looks fantastic! I've been pondering my self how to accomodate four vehicles in bays that match the road plates, but it looks like you've solved my problem! Keep up the great and impressive work!

Cheers for all the positive comments guys! It's appreciated!

Just out of curiousity, what's the total footprint of this? The width is obvious, but I had trouble on the depth.

It's not really what you would call a standard footprint! Including the road plate at the front it's 32+16+8+32 deep and 32+32 wide. It uses a mixture of 32x32, 16x32 and 8x16 base plates.

More updates as I've been working hard on the middle floor today.

The interior walls have all moved since yesterday to make the canteen bigger and to move the bathroom to a spot with no windows. It also means that the front windows aren't encroached upon by any of the interior walls which looks neater. This is the overall layout now which from left to right is the firefighters' rec room, firefighters' dorm, bathroom and the café:

Imag0108.jpg

Close up of the canteen (making use of some Friends fixtures and fittings!):

Imag0110.jpg

The dorm and the bathroom. Not much to say about the dorm but I'm very pleased with the bathroom. It's small but has a separate WC, two showers, two sinks and a mirror:

Imag0111.jpg

Lastly (for today!) is the rec room. Refreshments on hand for when the canteen is closed, a TV and sofa area to relax, a computer for whatever firefighters do when bored and a small ping pong table. Also a much better view of the access for the fireman's pole:

Imag0112.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

A fantastic building Rog. Details have all come together really well. Like the water dispenser and great colors in the Cafe!

Wow!

This is looking awesome!

Although I do like the old one a lot, this new one is just as great -- it's different than the other one, just like a modular building is from a regular one. They are both cool their own ways.

But this MOC is just fabulous!

A fantastic building Rog. Details have all come together really well. Like the water dispenser and great colors in the Cafe!

Thanks. I'm really pleased with the colours too but I can't take credit for the water dispenser - it's an original LEGO design!

Wow!

This is looking awesome!

Although I do like the old one a lot, this new one is just as great -- it's different than the other one, just like a modular building is from a regular one. They are both cool their own ways.

But this MOC is just fabulous!

Thanks dude! Appreciate the comments.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I love the side building addition and the entrance way...really cool!

Thanks! Now I've got to do the interior of the side building (which will be reception) to the same standard! :wacko:

Cheers

Rog

Brilliant, just as good as your old one in it's own way.

One thing I did notice is that there doesn't seem to be a pedestrian door at the rear.

Brilliant, just as good as your old one in it's own way.

One thing I did notice is that there doesn't seem to be a pedestrian door at the rear.

I used to work in a depot that had no pedestrian doors on the back and you used to raise and lower the shutters to go in and out and was kind of copying that. That said, I might stick a door on the back of reception though...

Cheers

Rog

Now, I'm even more impressed with this build and it has it's own canteen.....cool ! :grin:

Keep going 'rriggs' and Brick On ! :classic:

Excellent work on the interior riggs! It's coming together very nicely. An off topic question though, is your signature quote from something of is it a typo about Edison? Anyway looking forward to seeing this complete. Will there be a custom helicopter or a regular set? :classic: