Ricecracker

Expand the Winter Village Contest III - Winners!

winter_village_contest.jpg

The Town Staff would like to thank everyone who both entered and voted in the contest this year. We may provide the contest itself, but it's all of you who really make it a success!

The Winners!

gold.gifPriovit70

IMG_2430.jpg

trophy_small-silver.gifsdrnet

01eurobricks.jpg

trophy_small-bronze.gifKristel

8394901484_1a49a34273_c.jpg

4th Place: Etzel

8430364822_261d0372fe_c.jpg

5th Place: sonicstarlight

8395038711_33479f037b_z.jpg

6th Place (tie): Emma

8431740214_7552e25e74_z.jpg

6th Place (tie): Cara

8430222099_29bfdb2857_c.jpg

These ten lucky voters will also receive a polybag! Winners were determined using a random number generator.

Zed_43

buddy

Luke Styler

conchology

Comrade Commander

naugem

Daala

Fuppyloppers

indolego

nukescientist

Prizes

10229 Winter Village Cottage

10229-1.jpg?1

10222 Winter Village Post Office

10222-1.jpg?1

10216 Winter Village Bakery

10216-1.jpg?2

3300014 Holiday Set 2012

3300014-1.jpg?2

40023 Stocking

40023-1.jpg?1

30028 Wreath

30028-1.jpg?1

40035 Rocking Horse

40035-1.jpg?2

10068 Santa

10068-1.jpg?0

10069 Tree

10069-1.jpg?0

10079 Snowman

10079-1.jpg?0

10080 Angel

10080-1.jpg?0

10165 Elf Boy

10165-1.jpg?0

10166 Elf Girl

10166-1.jpg?0

30009 Christmas Tree

30009-1.jpg?2

30027 Reindeer

30027-1.jpg?1

40008 Snowman Building Set

40008-1.jpg?2

40009 Holiday Building Set

40009-1.jpg?2

40022 Mini Santa Set

40022-1.jpg?1

lldeer LEGOLand Deer

LLCA23-1.jpg?0

llsanta LEGOLand Santa

LLCA21-1.jpg?0

Here's a list of all the wonderful entries once again. Click on the image or link to see more images.

76897.png

1. Winter Village: Winter Village Church by stebai

76927.png

2. Winter Village: Christmas Market by herrJJ

77008.png

3. Winter Village: Kirk by HundredHander

77015.png

4. Winter Village: Brew Pub by brickdad46

77095.png

5. Winter Village: Train Depot by toorayay

77338.png

6. Winter Village: Winter Town Hall by sdrnet

77407.png

7. Winter Village: Winterville Station by ShaydDeGrai

77395.png

8. Winter Village: Restaurant by Kai NRG

77562.png

9. Winter Village: Library by viracocha

77601.png

10. Winter Village: Village Church by Righty

77628.png

11. Winter Village: Clock Town and Winter Love by tatertots

77748.png

12. Winter Village: Grandpa's House by kabel

77835.png

13. Winter Village: Farm by Emma

77923.png

14. Winter Village: Hardware Store by oirad 72

78124.png

15. Winter Village: Snowed In by legolegolegolego

78146.png

16. Winter Village: Store by Darkblane

78151.png

17. Winter Village: The Old Ship Inn by TooMuchCaffeine

78221.png

18. Winter Village: Mountain Lodge by Priovit70

78231.png

19. Winter Village: Tavern by evan.evan.evan

78384.png

20. Winter Village: Cheese Haus by slovakiasteph

78414.png

21. Winter Village: Cafe by Kristel

78432.png

22. Winter Village: Jewelry Store by sonicstarlight

78496.png

23. Winter Village: Lumber Yard by oo7

78598.png

24. Winter Village: OutHouse by dr_spock

78647.png

25. Winter Village: the Winter Butcher Shop by Athos

78658.png

26. url="Winter Village: Hot Sausage Shop w/ Roasted Chestnut Seller, Snowball by Joff_Draeven

78699.png

27. Winter Village: School by Nieks

78792.png

28. Winter Village: Bus Station by crayonboi

78821.png

29. Winter Village: Firehouse by Mrcool1804

78843.png

30. Winter Village: Florist's Shop by Sid Sidious

78846.png

31. Winter Village: First Aid / Search & Rescue Cabin by soundwave_sw

78852.png

32. Winter Village: Pump 'n Stuff Gas Station by TheLegoDr

78949.png

33. Winter Village: The Taylor's Shop by vecchiasignoraceppo

78952.png

34. Winter Village: 50's Family Farm by psyche

78954.png

35. Winter Village: One-room Schoolhouse by MaineBrickFan

78965.png

36. Winter Village: The Brick Arms by helloearthling

78957.png

37. Winter Village: Log Cabin by Etzel

78969.png

38. Winter Village: Nutcracker in the Park by eliza

78975.png

39. Winter VIllage: The Winter Village Station by Cara

Winners - Please PM me the following:

-Your full mailing address

-Your prize choices

-1st place to 3rd place, please order 10229 Winter Village Cottage, 10222 Winter Village Post Office, 10216 Winter Village bakery and 3300014 Holiday Set 2012 from most to least wanted. I will do my best to accommodate your choices.

-5th place to 7th place, and all raffle winners, please order all the available polybags from most to least wanted. I will do my best to accommodate your choices.

Congratulations to all the winners and their grand designs. Also, congratulations to all the other contestants who put in all that effort into this competition. :wink:

Thanks everyone for submitting so many great entries for the third year in a row and congratulations to all the winners! :sweet:

Congratulations to the winners! Everyone did well, and it was a tough choice! I do wonder though, you missed out what grouping 4th place is in? (1st place to 3rd place, and 5th place onwards)

Congrats to the winners, I enjoyed seeing all the entries! And especially to Emma, who I see followed most of my suggestions... :thumbup::grin:

Yay, fourth place! :grin: Thanks for a great contest with great entries and thanks to all who voted for me!

Congratulations to the winners! Everyone did well, and it was a tough choice! I do wonder though, you missed out what grouping 4th place is in? (1st place to 3rd place, and 5th place onwards)

1st to 3rd chooses from the 4 first prices and the 4th gets whatever is left :wink:

Yay, fourth place! :grin: Thanks for a great contest with great entries and thanks to all who voted for me!

1st to 3rd chooses from the 4 first prices and the 4th gets whatever is left :wink:

Ahhh, ofc! Thanks for clearing that up for me :P I musta had a brain fart :P

:grin: Woohoo! (does a happy dance) Ahem... :blush:

Anyways, congratulations to all the winners and participants, all the builds were great and I've learned a lot just from looking at all the different techniques used. Thanks to EB and the Mods who organized/ran the contest. And thank you to everyone who voted for me (I'm tickled pink that I made it in the top 7 :wub:).

Congrats to the winners, I enjoyed seeing all the entries! And especially to Emma, who I see followed most of my suggestions... :thumbup::grin:

Thanks Kai, the feedback on my initial design really helped me improve it a lot.

EDIT: just got home from work to find a prize waiting for me (EB service at its finest? Lol!) A BIG thankyou!

Edited by Emma

Cogratulation for all :thumbup: :thumbup: Priovit and sdrnet made a great work :wink:

Congrats to the winners!!! You've done a great job and thanl you for your nice ideas ^^. We had a lot of good... heu... of really amazing MOCs!!! :thumbup:

I'm also glad to be a random polybag winner :grin:

Congratulations to all the winners!

I'm honoured to have come in third amongst all the great entries in this year's contest. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and also to EB for hosting.

Congrats for all the winners! Well done!

And Kristel, you've won two contests in a row wow!

Edited by harton

Thank you all!

This year was especially difficult to get on the podium after considering the wonderful moc proposals.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! :laugh:

"Winners - Please PM me the following:

-Your full mailing address

-Your prize choices

-1st place to 3rd place, please order 10229 Winter Village Cottage, 10222 Winter Village Post Office, 10216 Winter Village bakery and 3300014 Holiday Set 2012 from most to least wanted. I will do my best to accommodate your choices.

-5th place to 7th place, and all raffle winners, please order all the available polybags from most to least wanted. I will do my best to accommodate your choices."

Hi, I'm so thrilled to be one of the raffle winner here, it's my first time ever winning anything. Since i'm new here can u please inform how to PM you?

Congratulations to the winners!

Hi, I'm so thrilled to be one of the raffle winner here, it's my first time ever winning anything. Since i'm new here can u please inform how to PM you?

You need one more post to use the pm-system. So be a nice guy and say "thank you" for this advice and you are able to send your pm! :wink:

Congratulations to the winners!

You need one more post to use the pm-system. So be a nice guy and say "thank you" for this advice and you are able to send your pm! :wink:

Hahaha...a big THANK YOU for your kind advice

As I wrote in my reply in the voting topic I really think that this year all the entries deserved a vote, because every of them has at least one great detail to remember. Since it was obviously not possible, I decided to write this sort of thank-you to all the contestants.

First of all, I want, obviously, to thank everyone who voted my creation. And I want to apologize to the people, whose creations I didn’t comment on, I must confess for my chronicle lack of time in combination with a sort of laziness of mine. And among all the comments I want to mention the one from stebai, who wrote “Well done Priovit70! It was an honor to cross swords with you!”. I was really touched… Well, it was an honor for me to cross swords (ehm, bricks…) with all of you! So, here’s my list:

1. Winter Village: Winter Village Church by stebai: I love the organ and the Nativity, even if it was impossible to take pictures of it, it was such a great idea!
  2. Winter Village: Christmas Market by herrJJ: Santa Claus bell is a brilliant detail and the merry-go- round is very well built!
  3. Winter Village: Kirk by HundredHander: even before you posted the picture of that church, I thought that your creation reminded me so vividly of a classical English country church… I think you reached your goal!
  4. Winter Village: Brew Pub by brickdad46: the three is really wonderful, and the outhouse a funny addition.
  5. Winter Village: Train Depot by toorayay: the icicles are a lot better than the ones Lego put in the Post Office last year, and the gumball and the red ribbon are really clever details.
  6. Winter Village: Winter Town Hall by sdrnet: the Ape and the statue are my favorite details, but I really love the whole MOC, great work sdrnet, my friend, and congratulations on your second place!
  7. Winter Village: Winterville Station by ShaydDeGrai: I like the design of the ground floor windows and the color scheme of the entire building.
  8. Winter Village: Restaurant by Kai NRG: the timber work fits perfectly the Winter Village feeling. A lot of accessories, and a really cute truck!
  9. Winter Village: Library by viracocha: this is a really lovely library… I would spent gladly some time in it, reading a good book! And all those shelves are so full of books (and very well done)!
  10. Winter Village: Village Church by Righty: the roof is my favorite detail of this MOC, and it gives to the church a very Nordic look… well done!
  11. Winter Village: Clock Town and Winter Love by tatertots: the tower’s door is lovely, and the original use of the blades for the sleigh is one of the cleverest detail in the contest, imho!
  12. Winter Village: Grandpa's House by kabel: the stove is an awesome detail, kabel! May I use it in one of my next MOCs?
  13. Winter Village: Farm by Emma: the best door of the contest, great usage of LOTR rings, lovely upper part of the façade and great tractor! A great entry!
  14. Winter Village: Hardware Store by oirad 72: I love the overall look of the building and the water pump is so brilliant!
  15. Winter Village: Snowed In by legolegolegolego: A lot of great details to choose from, I think that my favorite are the moose (awesome!) and the guy who’s ice fishing…
  16. Winter Village: Store by Darkblane: the truck is in the same perfect style of the ones in the other Winter Village sets, and the roast chestnut stall is so lovely!
  17. Winter Village: The Old Ship Inn by TooMuchCaffeine: I really envy your snot roof and the brass footrail is a greeeat detail!
  18. Winter Village: Mountain Lodge by Priovit70: well, this one I don’t like so much… hihihi!! Seriously, every time I see it, I would change some detail, can you believe it?!
  19. Winter Village: Tavern by evan.evan.evan: the snow fort is one of the funniest detail of the contest, in my opinion… well done!
  20. Winter Village: Cheese Haus by slovakiasteph: as I already wrote, you did a great job with the ice and snow sculptures… and also with the cheeses display!
  21. Winter Village: Cafe by Kristel: your creation is so full of details; I love the ski rack and the coffee machine, really awesome! Congratulations on your third place! Do you mind if I use your ski rack in my Winter Village?
  22. Winter Village: Jewelry Store by sonicstarlight: a lot of awesome details inside (the safe and the microscope are unbelievably well done) and outside the store! And the proposing guy is brilliant!
  23. Winter Village: Lumber Yard by oo7: this is one of the most realistic MOC of the contest! And the way you recreate all those realistic details is mind-blowing! I really enjoy the fact that, just like me, you set your creation nowadays.
  24. Winter Village: OutHouse by dr_spock: one of the funniest and most original entry of the contest!
  25. Winter Village: the Winter Butcher Shop by Athos: great color scheme, a very inviting butcher with all those meats hanging up.
  26. Winter Village: Hot Sausage Shop w/ Roasted Chestnut Seller, Snowball by Joff_Draeven: your creation is simple, but surely very playable! I like the designe of the lamp posts, and the roast chestnuts cart is so damn realistic!
  27. Winter Village: School by Nieks: this is so adorable! Lot of details in the classrooms, and the skeleton is the cherry on top!
  28. Winter Village: Bus Station by crayonboi: the newspaper kiosk is really wonderful, and the minibus is perfect to fit in the Winter Village.
  29. Winter Village: Firehouse by Mrcool1804: the fire truck with Santa on it is awesome and the whole building has a very Winter Village feeling. Will it be next set?
  30. Winter Village: Florist's Shop by Sid Sidious: the delivery truck and the roasted chestnut vendor are so well built, and the colors choice is just perfect!
  31. Winter Village: First Aid / Search & Rescue Cabin by soundwave_sw: oh, your helicopter! I can’t stop staring at it… awesome work! My Mountain Guides (do you remember my last year’s entry?) really need one of those babies!!
  32. Winter Village: Pump 'n Stuff Gas Station by TheLegoDr: I really love this gas station, so full of details, with that awesome sand green colors… I definitely have to build something in that color! And the car, well your car! Sooo beautiful!!
  33. Winter Village: The Taylor's Shop by vecchiasignoraceppo: this could be a real Winter Village set, the feeling is the same of the original ones! The van is perfect and I looooove the knitting granny and the mannequin!
  34. Winter Village: 50's Family Farm by psiche: the snow on the roof is so realistic! And the stove! And the kitchen! And the tractor… oh my gosh!
  35. Winter Village: One-room Schoolhouse by MaineBrickFan: I really like the traditional style of this school, with its bell tower!
  36. Winter Village: The Brick Arms by helloearthling: it’s really hard to believe, what you was able to do with few pieces. I love the corner structure of your pub! And the whole “homeless feeding” part is in the real spirit of Christmas!
  37. Winter Village: Log Cabin by Etzel: this is one of my favorite! Great work with the logs and the interior and congratulations on your forth place!
  38. Winter Village: Nutcracker in the Park by eliza: very original entry, I love the popcorn cart and the stage decorations.
  39. Winter VIllage: The Winter Village Station by Cara: this is definitely a cozy station in a perfect alpine style! Lots of details, like the clock, the waiting room with the benches, the pamphlet rack… very well done!!

Well, I did it! It was an effort (even because, as Italian, I am not so used to write in English, so please be patient if you find some errors), but I think you, and I really mean all of you, deserve it.

Congratulations to everyone, from the bottom of my heart!

Edited by Priovit70

Winter Village: Cafe by Kristel: your creation is so full of details; I love the ski rack and the coffee machine, really awesome! Congratulations on your third place! Do you mind if I use your ski rack in my Winter Village?

Thanks, Priovit70 and congratulations to you, too.

I don't mind at all if you borrow the ski rack design. I'd be honoured.