sheo

MOC: Modular Railway Station

I rarely spend as much time in a topic as I did for this one. The amazing pics kept on coming and I guess it took me 20 minutes the look at everything. Your MOC is simply stunning, With tons of much details and a clear love for architecture and trains. You are a great builder but also an entertainer!

+1.

Couldn't agree more.

At first glance that excellent railway station looks quite simplistic. However, after a while you notice how much thought actually went into it. There are lots of little details that make the railway station look extremely realistic.

What can I say that hasn't been said?

It's a modular railway station that's packed full of detail, inside and out, has lots of hidden features, and works well alongside the existing modular building LEGO sets. It has a nice nod to the past Trains (the Emerald Knight loco in the wall has got to be my favorite thing about it, aside from the second 'hidden' feature), and has a train all its own to run through, which like the station has lots of detail and function.

It's a grand station, and a massively impressive build. I am amazed by it's complexity in its attention to detail, and then some.

In short- fantastic work. :classic:

This train station MOC really is amazing with all that intricate detail. The arches and columns used for the station roof really add a grand feel to the overall building. All the train information such as electronic monitors with departure times, railway maps and other various stickers add realism to this MOC. Excellent effort on this MOC. :wink:

You are a great builder but also an entertainer!

Indeed, it was very fun to follow the story linking all the pictures :)

At first I was pretty ho-hum about the train platform areas but it got pretty exciting once I saw the interiors, especially the basement/sub-platform areas.

Fantastic work! Really well done! I'm glad it was featured on front page, as I'm sure I'd miss it otherwise. There's many architectural details (the pillars, and the fence) and great ideas for interiors (the train relief). Congratulations on a fantastic MOC!

I love this design! this is so simple yet complicated. I especellialy like the train, with some minor differences, it is very similear to the Acela High speed rail seen in the northeast corridior. I have a couple of questions, however.

What transperent parts were used for the roof?

How did you set up the power functions?

And are the train timetables decals? If not, what set are they in?

Edited by krystalKING

Man this blew my mind again and again. Excellent design and incredible detail. Very well presented too - there is so much to look at here!

I especially like the train, with some minor differences, it is very similar to the Acela High speed rail seen in the northeast corridor.

Indeed, now I see that the color scheme of my train resembles Acela Express. However, most of the design features are similar to Alstom's AGV train.

Nevertheless, my train wasn't intended to be an exact copy of any real train.

Just in case, here are some photos of Acela Express and AGV:

Acela_2000.jpgnola_picture_1.jpg

I have a couple of questions, however.

Questions are always welcome!

What transparent parts were used for the roof?

I used garage door sections. This idea was inspired by the roof design of Lego's 10224 Town Hall.

How did you set up the power functions?

All PF elements are installed in the middle section of the first carriage, and a few of those universal joints were used to link the door mechanisms.

And are the train timetables decals? If not, what set are they in?

All the signs and boards are custom decals except for the 'pirate' warning sign.

Edited by sheo

I'm not much of a train guy, I'll admit, but my son's a huge fan of them. He made me click on the frontpage link, and I read him the detail captions under the pictures. We were both very impressed with the detail in the build and the functional modularity (izzat a word?) of the model. Then I got to the spoilered area, and you mentioned Blaine the Train (who is a Pain) and I just about lost it with giggling. My son didn't know what to think.

Friggentastically AWESOME!!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I loved the half train on the wall, that was superb! How long did it take you to build all that? Do you have any idea of how many pieces you used?