Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

Tolswick Guard House

As part of my ongoing "Tolswick defense project" I am putting small guard houses up around the town.

These cost less and are quicker to build than walls. This build was inspired by SoccerKid.

FRONT:

8469357874_7e7910a1c6_z.jpg

I used a tile and 1x1 stud technique on the front. The roof looks weird and flat in this picture, but in real life it looks better, and is made with log bricks.

SIDE:

8469226582_43fb8ebb0c_z.jpg

I ran out of studs quickly, so soon I only had headlight bricks. That is why the tiles are so flat.

INTERIOR:

8468133091_6c50558924_z.jpg

The roof lifts up too see inside. As you can see, I have not yet completed the interior, but all those studs facing in are just begging for a brown tile wooden wall.

Thanks for looking and please put some C&C!

Ooh I inspired something :grin:

Very cool build, I might lessen the angle on some of the tiles in the front, it looks a little messy as is. They don't have to be perfectly vertical or horizontal, just not crazily angled.

The lift up roof is a nice feature and some brown tile on the inside would look great :thumbup:

I really like the front view, but the tiles just right of the door, and the tiles on the side are a bit too symmetrical IMO. Of course you had already mentioned that you had to switch to headlights which would explain it. Nice build!