Sign in to follow this  
Legopard

[MOC] the Hobbit: Out of the Frying-Pan into the Fire

Hello

While watching 'the Hobbit' in the cinema i had it in mind to build this iconic scene.

8466325336_1773aba1e9_z.jpg

1360616170m_DISPLAY.jpg

Check out all details on MOCpages

Hope you like the scene.

Feel free to comment.

Jonas

Edited by Legopard

Was not expecting something this impressive :oh:

The eagle, falling tree, layering in the rock, great fig posing, the whole thing is masterful :wub:

Wow, great creation from a great movie! Is there any other views of the scene? Your tree is really well made. Well done. Oh and by the way, I found that your eagle is definitely better than the one in the upcoming Battle at the Black Gate (79007) set.

Wow! Very impressive MOC! It's so perfect! Just like the movie!

Amazing job! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very realistic re-creation of the scene in The Hobbit. All the details are there, the eagle, the fire, the falling tree. Great job. :thumbup:

Thank you for creating such an impressive rendition of my favorite scene from the movie! :classic:

The burning tree is a creative use of droid arms, as are the Indy whips as roots. And the Eagle looks just fantastic.

Great work! :thumbup:

As much as I love the Fierce Flyer, I think your eagle takes the cake for life-likeness. It is a great brick-built creature. Good work there. As for the scene, brilliant! I saw this movie months ago, but I can clearly see what you were doing with this and it is very fitting. The tree tipping over is perfect.

Great job capturing the scene. Keep up the good work. I'd love to see more.

I saw this on Flickr and I am amazed by how ell you've captured the scene! The leaning tree and swooping eagle are both perfect, It's like a screenshot made of Lego!

This the topic has been bumped, I might as well throw in my own appreciation of the build; I never cared much for the silly domino-tipping tree scene in the movie, but this rendition of it is nonetheless beautiful in every way. Andt he eagle surely makes the LEGO versions look shameful, though I don't recall the eagles in the movies having any white feathers anywhere...?

This is a very cool MOC! It depicts the scene near perfectly and the tree looks MUCH better than the one we got in the official set. My only criticism would be with the eagle, in the films their heads are brown instead of white. Also the head on your eagle seems a little large and the eagle is a bit blocky.