Hi everyone.

This is my latest build named Avenue Saint-Jacques. It is a Haussmann styled building which are found in central Paris in abundance.

I have wanted to do a 'Cafe corner' in a grand scale for a long time! It's not a build based on any real building that I know of. Most of these buildings have diagonal corners which I could not perfect to the point of being happy with. Also typically most buildings are seven stories high, this is only 6 as I ran out of bricks! Its about 76cm to the top of the chimneys. Part of the reason it is not a typical modular which I have done before was the fact I wanted to make an 'Art Nouveau' style Metro station and had to raise the street level to make steps down to the platform and also since it is an avenue the pavement had to be wider.

In all its taken a couple of months to complete.

The most difficult part of the build was incorporating the hinge into the side of the building for easier access to the apartments. I probably have not accurately portrayed the interior details and fittings so most of it is made up! I felt the building would have been quite sad without any interior details.

On the ground floor there is a Cafe with street facing kiosk for pastries on the go, a clothes shop selling fine ladies wear and finally the Metro station entrance.

The first floor has an office and a dental surgery. The four upper floors have apartments, with a top floor penthouse with a full balcony. Some apartments have kitchens and bathrooms which I have tried to get decent photo's to see the details. A central staircase allows access to all the rooms. The whole scene is based sometime in the past, not quite sure when but before the comforts of technology! :laugh:

I have added several exterior and interior pics for now. All others can be found at the link at the bottom of the post. There are 22 rooms in all.

8459715096_d889b09a9a_z.jpg

8458479771_daf7bdfb4a.jpg

8459579616_6a451e3d04.jpg

8459591682_240878e766.jpg

8459639838_0e8de1be2d.jpg

8459729002_c4b661ffa6.jpg

8458516793_bf7cea7965.jpg

8459671304_7d04b0886d.jpg

More photo's can be found on my flick here: http://www.flickr.co...s/52656812@N04/

All thoughts welcome!

That is spectacular! There's so much to take in and enjoy (although the Mime freaks me out a bit) Do you have any idea how many bricks it contains?

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Great job! It looks wonderful with all those windows. The little outward-facing round studs are good little details. The Metropolitain entrance is very nice as well.

Absolutely beautiful, and chock-full of great details! Congrats on your hard work.

The house somewhat reminds me of the old Victorian Playmobil dollhouse - not the least because of the way you've made it open up like a dollhouse.

5300.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, and chock-full of great details! Congrats on your hard work.

The house somewhat reminds me of the old Victorian Playmobil dollhouse - not the least because of the way you've made it open up like a dollhouse.

My thought's exactly!

Snaillad that is ine of the most beautiful CC buildings I've ever seen. Really outstanding and spectacular, congratulations!

Just BEAUTIFUL 'snaillad', I :wub: the interior the most....the cafe and dentist room.....the apartment's - in fact everyone is beautiful ! :grin:

AWESOME work and Brick On 'snaillad'........congrat's for being front paged as well ! :sweet:

I am blown away. Gorgeous work. You truly captured the essence of a Parisian building. I would've thought of Paris with out any mention of the locale beforehand.

Wonderful building. It has a doll-house like quality and at the same time a great facade. I like it very much.

There it is! I was expecting you to post it here after I saw it on Flickr - and I'll repeat some of my praise here: It's a masterpiece, probably the best I've ever seen from you. Something so huge and still so well-designed is rare to see, and it's beautiful, both on the outside and on the inside. There are some great examples of creative parts usage here, like the round 2x2 grille brick as tablecloth, and some superb details, like the subway entrance. I love the mime artist on the pavement as well. And the car!

All in all a fantastic MOC, well worth front-paging. Hopefully, this'll be on display somewhere at some point so I can see it up close. Well done, snaillad.

Holy nuggets of fudge! So detailed! This has to be one of the best MOCs I've ever seen. Keep it up. :wink:

Edited by ManInATopHat

i cannot better any praise that has been said, but i will say thank you.... for letting us see this masterpiece.

question: piece count? (estimated)