This is such a fantastic build 'snaillad'. Great detailed building and so much going on in the street scene. Can't beleive I didn't see it earlier.

Message to Snaillad.

Are you aware that there are instructions for sale of this MOC on Ebay? Being sold by a dutch seller from Zutphen.

http://www.ebay.nl/i...984.m1438.l2649

seller email : <removed>

Read the description:

Design by Snaillad. Instructions are made in collaboration with the original designer.

Edited by Rick

I purchased instructions for this model on eBay and I am about 2/3 finished with re-creating it. I have added a facade with clips on rear that aims to replicate the front of the building and I have added windows to each side for which the original design did not have any windows. This has been a wonderful challenge. I am new to Eurobricks, is it OK to post photos of the finished product , while highlighting the modifications?

Has anyone else purchased instructions for this model on eBay? or tried to rebuild it?

I am new to Eurobricks, is it OK to post photos of the finished product , while highlighting the modifications?

Sure! We'd love to here about your experiences building this fantastic MOC. Finish it then write up a post that covers things like How did you find the build? Were the instructions complete? What detours did you take? Your experiences with the multiple Bricklink Orders?, etc. I think you'll find that there are people here who are genuinely interested in what you did (and some who may be a little bit green with envy!)

I'm blown away by this MOC, just saw instructions for sale on ebay. Could you let me know what is the approximate cost to bricklink this MOC?

I'm also very interested in other people's experience building this MOC.

Currently I'm about at 1/3 with the building process. I'm not changing too much (some interior details...) but I am beginning to get a little worried about the weight of the model. I need to be able to remove it around a lot, so I'm thinking of doing some parts as stackable rooms (or perhaps even an entire stackable floor) so it can be taken apart easily; just like the regular modular models.

Has anyone experience with the finished model: weight, structural integrity, moving-around-capability?

And to answer Matrosov's question about the cost: it's about 13.500 bricks. I always use the following averige price: 0,10 eurocents a brick (this includes shipping if you buy from several BrickLink suppliers), so you do the math...

And yes, 0,10 eurocents a brick is perhaps a bit on the expensive side, but it sometimes prevents me from just starting to buy the bricks for a big MOC that will end up very expensive.

It has been a while since I stopped by these forums and Wow! Was I blown away by this MOC. Simply beautiful. One of the nicest modular buildings I have seen. I really like the subway entrance as it really captures the feel of the Parisian underground and its wrought iron.

Sure! We'd love to here about your experiences building this fantastic MOC. Finish it then write up a post that covers things like How did you find the build? Were the instructions complete? What detours did you take? Your experiences with the multiple Bricklink Orders?, etc. I think you'll find that there are people here who are genuinely interested in what you did (and some who may be a little bit green with envy!)

I'm also very interested in other people's experience building this MOC.

Currently I'm about at 1/3 with the building process. I'm not changing too much (some interior details...) but I am beginning to get a little worried about the weight of the model. I need to be able to remove it around a lot, so I'm thinking of doing some parts as stackable rooms (or perhaps even an entire stackable floor) so it can be taken apart easily; just like the regular modular models.

Has anyone experience with the finished model: weight, structural integrity, moving-around-capability?

And to answer Matrosov's question about the cost: it's about 13.500 bricks. I always use the following averige price: 0,10 eurocents a brick (this includes shipping if you buy from several BrickLink suppliers), so you do the math...

And yes, 0,10 eurocents a brick is perhaps a bit on the expensive side, but it sometimes prevents me from just starting to buy the bricks for a big MOC that will end up very expensive.

I completed this project last year. Check out a review of my experience here: http://ogelsbob.com/modular-instructions-review.html

I'm delighted that even after a year this build still interests people. Thanks to everyone for recent comments!

I completed this project last year. Check out a review of my experience here: http://ogelsbob.com/...ons-review.html

Thanks for the review Legodt, I found it really interesting! I'm sure this will help people on sourcing and building many-a-customer creation.

I always thought about making it able to 'fit-in' with my other modulars with a technic pin and the correct pavement proportions but I did want my Metro entrance to go into the pavement a little so it was raised by a couple of bricks in height! :laugh:

I thought with the height and weight I'd never be able to move it so just stuck to making it as realistically sized as possible even if it didn't look like a normal sized modular.

Your building of this looks so much more organized than when I created it. I work on a desk with probably no more than a 1.5m sq free space for building! It's very messy! How long did it take to build once all the bricks were sourced?

Interesting read Legodt!

Altough I'm not going to fill the back with an extra wall, I can understand why some people would want to do that. Propbably to have it better co-exist with other modulars.

Right now I still have to finish the roof section, so I'm almost done.

I did make the building into several 'stackable' parts, very much like the original modulars. It works very well. The different sections have enough structural integrity of their own, no problems there.

And here's a question to snaillad --> are there instructions for your other creations? Like the Cinema or the Warehouse. I've been looking around but haven't found them yet. I mean, what am I supposed to do with my Xmas 2014 vacation :classic: ...

I'm delighted that even after a year this build still interests people. Thanks to everyone for recent comments!

Thanks for the review Legodt, I found it really interesting! I'm sure this will help people on sourcing and building many-a-customer creation.

I always thought about making it able to 'fit-in' with my other modulars with a technic pin and the correct pavement proportions but I did want my Metro entrance to go into the pavement a little so it was raised by a couple of bricks in height! :laugh:

I thought with the height and weight I'd never be able to move it so just stuck to making it as realistically sized as possible even if it didn't look like a normal sized modular.

Your building of this looks so much more organized than when I created it. I work on a desk with probably no more than a 1.5m sq free space for building! It's very messy! How long did it take to build once all the bricks were sourced?

Thanks for your comments Snaillad.

This creation is not easy to move, but I do plan to take it to Brickworld 2014 in Chicago. I will likely display it against some other modular building. I started building about the end of July and completed it by the end of September, so I guess it was about two months. I would have finished much quicker, if I had not made so many changes to the roof, side facades. I wish that I could copy the Barries Dept. Store one day.

Interesting read Legodt!

Altough I'm not going to fill the back with an extra wall, I can understand why some people would want to do that. Propbably to have it better co-exist with other modulars.

I did make the building into several 'stackable' parts, very much like the original modulars. It works very well. The different sections have enough structural integrity of their own, no problems there.

And here's a question to snaillad --> are there instructions for your other creations? Like the Cinema or the Warehouse. I've been looking around but haven't found them yet. I mean, what am I supposed to do with my Xmas 2014 vacation :classic: ...

I cant wait to see your photos.

Interesting read Legodt!

Hi ReflectioN

There are none for the Cinema or Department store yet (If that's what you meant instead of a warehouse - I haven't made a warehouse yet :classic: ). Maybe by Xmas they will be there! :laugh: But as I don't design using instructions it's up to the instructions designer if he wants to spend the time making them.

Cheers

Hi snaillad,

sorry for my bad english.

Your building is the best I ever saw. Congratulation for this amazing MOC.

Dieter from Germany

Interesting read Legodt!

ReflectioN: How is your ASJ build going? Any photos yet?

Very impressive building. :thumbup:

I can see why the rooms are open at the back. That would not be my preference.

The rooms must get quite dusty, if you display the building for more than a couple of weeks.