efferman

[POLL] What would you Pay for Instructions?

161 members have voted

1. 1. how much would you pay for an instruction?

• nothing
    • 5 €uros
    • 10 €uros
    • 15 €uros

Personally it all depends on the instructions quality anything half as good as blackbirds renders 10/15 euros I would never pay anything for the photo files used by builders like madocca with the exception of maybe 1-2 euros on some better models and LDD files i have never used but based on other people speculations 5 euros at the most :)

Hi,

You are bumping a year old topic, which already got bumped....

Be careful with that next time. Thanks!

Nice topic! I may pay up to 5-10 Euros (5 is better) for the impressive big MOC for which I have at least 90-95% of required parts...

I would pay what I thought was equitable AFTER seeing the instructions. I have had only one experience buying instructions. I paid $29.50 for instructions on MOCPlans. I waited and waited for instructions on how to get them in what I had assumed would be a PDF file format. After doing some searching around I learned one doesn’t get a PDF file. You get permission to see the instructions online! Wow what a mistake I made in not being more careful about the details of purchasing instructions in that manner. I can’t afford the data cost of being online and sit around putting parts together. So now I go to the library and create some poor quality JPGs and go home and plod forward. Probably will never finish the project.

Personally, no body should have to go through the effort to create instructions, in depth details are good enough for me. If you have a plan for Lego models, occasionally take a picture, if you have no order (like me) Take pictures with the casing (is this the proper term?) off. For me, I prefer to build my own custom stuff, so instructions are only useful for stuff like suspension, or to see what others make, or how they developed a certain model...

So I guess you think instructions are useful but also have no value except for the secrets others have developed. Right?

I agree. No one should HAVE to create instructions except for a monetary gain.

If they are being created for monetary gain, they should at least be:

)1 affordable

)2 excellent quality

)3 downloadable as a PDF file

If they are being created to just share the joy of making a really positive innovation with others of the same interest, then there should be some fraternal identity which would suggest that there is no intent for monetary gain.

Regards, Roger Bush