dunamis

Mod of 7659 Imperial Landing Craft

indexed.gif

7659 Imperial Landing Craft Modification by Dunamis

Ok, so I mentioned in my review of the 7659 Imperial Landing Craft that I thought it was a nice set but that I had a few complaints and questionable design decisions. For those of you who missed it, here is the review:

7659 Review

So, let

Your new interior looks very good without those cannons, and I also like your idea of adding doors to the

front of the pod. Nice work! *y*

Very good mods Dunamis ;-)

ON mine, I just added tiles on the top and wings to have a smoother look, but you really took a huge step beyond my puny mods :-P

Tks for sharing ;-)

*yoda*

Nice one, Mr. Dunamis. *y* I dobt I'll ever get this set, it just doesn't look that exciting, except the Stormies, which are really tempting. 8-|

I like what you did with the doors, the folding of the prexisting front over it is clever. Although they are a little small, I would pull of the archs and tile(s) alltogether.

You are aware that 'Imperial insignia' is really the Galactic Republic insignia, right? And uhh.....may I ask why the cockpit would raise up?

Very simple, yet effective mods *sweet* I absolutely love what you've done with the interior of the main cabin, it looks like a real war vessel now, and adds to the intensity and urgent feelings that would go along with being in there.

Remember, as far as warships go, cramped = good :-P

That is one lovely MOC! *wub* This is how the inside of the ship should have looked. Even if lego had put in the extra seats and not increased the minifig total (as they did with the AT-TE), it still would have been a better set. But you have proved so well that the wonderfull thing about lego is you can always change what you don't like. :-)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

A couple of points:

- I thought that was the correct insignia, but alas, my Star Wars lore is not what it used to be...

- I wanted to make the entrance (the area under the arch) wider, but it wasn't practical due to the width of the swing up door. I couldn't make that any wider because it would hit the cockpit. I had actually tried making it three studs wide instead of two, but it was not meant to be.

- In terms of why the canopy would raise up, it was only to get at the minifig inside. Of course, I realized it was easier to just take the canopy off rather than go through a bunch of gyrations to build a opening canopy.

- I've already changed my very simple landing 'pads' to four points instead of three points. It is obviously more stable.

- I agree with Starwars4J in that military vessels are more cramped gives a sense of intensity. At one point I had all the seats facing forward and I had to turn the four inside seats to face sideways. I think it just looks and feels better that way.

I'm fairly happy with how it turned out but I'm always happy to hear any more suggestions.

Nice MOC dunamis *y*

I agree with the others about the interior of the main cabin. The tight space is excactly what you

wow thats awesome you can fit a whole bunch of guys in thier (+command center) and its still roomy (alittle) 10 stars :-D

Very nice! I always have had spatial problems with this set. I must try your mods on my machine. (say that ten times fast. *wacko* )

wow thats awesome you can fit a whole bunch of guys in thier (+command center) and its still roomy (alittle) 10 stars :-D

You know this thread is a year old and was dead, right? :-/

-Chuck

You know this thread is a year old and was dead, right? :-/

And so ? Does that forbid people to comment on MOCs and Mods ? Nope, if not a lot of threads would have a really life span.

*yoda*

And so ? Does that forbid people to comment on MOCs and Mods ? Nope, if not a lot of threads would have a really life span.

*yoda*

I was under the impression that reviving dead topics wasn't allowed, but Hinkley has informed me that it is the opposite. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

-Chuck

Wow, great job! I love the interior the most. And clever doors!

Hey thats some nice MODs, doesn't matter that its over a year old, good work is still good work!

Now if they slash the price on this puppy soon i may buy it :thumbup:

Good job! Great idea for the doors...the shooters were a bit unnecessary. Shame that TLC has moved so far from a minimal amount of shoot-ware to putting it everywhere, often awkwardly or to the detriment of what is otherwise a cool model. Anyways, you managed to pack alot of figs into a tight area, not an easy task given the odd, oft aggravating yet so endearingly awesome proportions of the mini-fig. :tongue: I had planned on making mods to one of these, to alot of my sets actually, but I've never gotten around to it, so I'm always glad to see what others come up with..inspiration, you know.