Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

I really hope for a trans yellow visor for Surge. Oh, I forgot to commment on the Ice monster.

He looks really cool, I hope he will be a medium sized set. These Laval fur pieces look so good on him!

looks like the summer sets will be great!!

Stormer looks nice, and Surge... wow, the wings looks cool!!

hopefully one of them would be an XL.

This guy looked so cool in other photos, but in this you can see that big brain thingy is like ughh! Is just STRANGE!!

Imean, still looks cool, but..... that thingy is enourmus!!!

44003_Scarox_2013.jpg

You're right. To match the (pre-infection) ones from the video, it should be about the size of a piece of cladding. However, has anyone else noticed how the slugs grow to the "real" size after infection?

Edited by DraikNova

Personally, I have no problem with the size of the brain slugs, other than that their size may be a factor in Scarox being such an awful, bare-bones set otherwise. I like the fact that rather than simply being "collectibles" connected with the villains/monsters of this year's sets, the brain slugs can seem like fearsome monsters in their own right. This isn't to say that the brain slugs couldn't have worked, but they wouldn't have been quite as scary IMO.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it seems like that Surge might be a titan set this time (at least he'll become a Deluxe set, given the wings).

I'm also looking forward to ice guy and Stormer of course. :excited:

For once, there's a year lineup with XL build's with no problems at all.

Edited by DraikNova

The spider species that Scarox belong to must be one hell of a giant kind. I mean, considering Scarox(es?) are on-par with the rest of the alien-ized animals and I have NEVER seen spiders with such a big size.

For once, there's a year lineup with XL build's with no problems at all.

Furno XL's not out yet; don't jinx us! Already he's got his empty crotch area, and there's no telling how incomplete other parts of his build might look from certain angles. Overall I like his design, but I can't say for sure whether it's better than Stormer XL.

No back armour! Seriously Lego, what have you been smoking when you deisgned these sets? No, the "attach the slug brain to the back" feature is not an excuse for that. The piece count isn't, either- Pyrox has 50 pieces, which is a very low count. Good thing I ended up with lots of black feet..

Pyrox confirms himself as my favourite 2013 Winter villain, save for that pitiful detail.

I've given up the goose when it comes to back coverings, since I always end up modifying my builds anyway.

And to be honest I don't like Pyrox too much anyways, after building him I realized his head/face is too big for his body. I'm gonna need to build him a bigger body, that's for sure.

Thanks for the screencaps Vinyl! Could I request one of the "heroes assembled" scene with Breez, Stormer, Furno, Rocka and Bulk, just when Stormer draws the ice blade on his half shield piece? I can't make out if that's a new piece or just the same blade used for his sword. Thanks!

Thanks for the screencaps Vinyl! Could I request one of the "heroes assembled" scene with Breez, Stormer, Furno, Rocka and Bulk, just when Stormer draws the ice blade on his half shield piece? I can't make out if that's a new piece or just the same blade used for his sword. Thanks!

It was mentioned by Shakar on pg 37 that its a blue version of the flame piece on Furno and Pyrox.

I was able to make it out. We can expect the blue flame on Stormer.

Edited by Jetrax99

Thanks so much Vinyl. It's actually the new fire piece on Furno/Pyrox but in (hopefully) trans-blue.

Still don't like the fact that Stormer has a half-shield, the half of the H looks really incomplete. But overall Stormer looks great. The summer wave is looking much better than the winter wave.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Jetrax99. What he said.

Hey Stratos!! Fellow Singaporean here, are the sets available anywhere yet?

Nope. Singapore gets the winter wave of HF sets in February every year, unfortunately, so we'll have to wait a couple of months more before we get them.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Nope. Singapore gets the winter wave of HF sets in February every year, unfortunately, so we'll have to wait a couple of months more before we get them.

um, did anyone have an idea of when the winter sets be available worldwide? i mean, maybe an official information or something along that lines?

Edited by bacem

If he were as brown as he looks from the lighting in your video, I'd almost want that one then. Sadly he's just more unwanted red parts.

Metru red is never unwanted as far as I'm concerned, especially in Hero Factory. :P

But BrotherDog, red bulls give you wings!

Can't really tell. The shape looks similar yet it seems to be a new piece.

Obviously the part models in the animation are representations rather than replications, but it's so specific that it couldn't be depicting anything else. It's unmistakably the same element.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman