Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

That helmet looks freaking weird without visor. :laugh: But it's kinda cool too- the nose area looks like a mouth.

Still he looks good. Too bad about the weapons..

Just a heads up to everybody; Bruizer is available for purchase on Amazon; here's a link.

None of the others are up as far as I can tell, which baffles me; but if anybody's been wanting him, probably best to not delay. :P

Thanks for the news! Hopefully the others will be soon to follow.

Anyway, Bulk looks rather nice. The visorless helmet doesn't look all too bad, if you ask me. But I've noticed with all the Hero Helmets (so far) is that the lower portion is kinda fat looking. I guess this is to incorporate the visor, but still. Looks weird.

Kalhiki

That trailer is great! looks like there are a fair few sets in there, too - Evo with some sort of grabber staff, Surge (or perhaps Stringer) with wings and Stormer with a sword amongst others. I really like that ice-themed villain, too.

Edit: no, wing guy is most definitely Surge. The one with the ornate shield could be either Stringer or Nex.

Edited by Rocketbilly

I noticed a trans light blue shell on Evo' s shoulder. Those is a new colour to HF, isn't it?

Also, I suppose Stormer's going to be a medium size set.

Also, I'm quite sure it' Surge with the wings, and that would be a good addition to the set.

Nope, the one with the ornated shield is actually Bulk,you can see it if you look closely. It's just that now he's too orange, like, what happended to silver? It's now a boring color or what?

Nope, the one with the ornated shield is actually Bulk,you can see it if you look closely. It's just that now he's too orange, like, what happended to silver? It's now a boring color or what?

It happened with Bionicle, too. In my opinion, this wave is perhaps the closest to Bionicle Hero Factory has been since the first wave of sets, before we moved on to the new building system - lots of silver, more elemental themes, melee weapons etcetera. I don't mind so much, so long as the next theme of Hero Factory sets brings something different - I'm hoping that the glut of silver is something that's specific to the Brain Attack subtheme and not a sign of things to come. Perhaps it's just a special armour or something because I'd hate for Hero Factory to end up like some of Bionicle's sets with so much random and unnecessary silver.

It's nice to see Surge and Breez get some time in the TV show, anyway. It looks like they'll be quite prominent.

Those Chima fur pieces in white really do look like icicles, too, though I think that they look better on the ice villain than on Stormer.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Ah darn, someone posted the trailer before me.

I have to say, the Pyrox pre-transforming are SO ADORABLE. Also the ice villain looks nice, and Surge and Evo look really sweet, specially with that double spear. Hnng.

Time for speculation / comments / random stuff! The summer sets look great!

Evo has trans blue YESSS.

Surge and Stormer look really cool too.

Stormer's shoulders use Laval's mane/armour pieces and he wields a tr. blue Rocka sword like Laval. On the other arm, he was a wrist mounted weapon that is a combination between 1/2 of Furno XL's shield and a tr. blue version of the new giant flame piece (Furno XL / Pyrox).

His visor has the same decorations as Furno XL's..

Surge's tr colour seems to be tr. neon green, and he reuses Stormer XL's scout drones and Furno XL's shield halves (as wings).

I guess he'll fight a flying villain- maybe we'll finally see a bird villain? With Eris and Razar coming in Summer, it's not so farfetched.

Both have long armoured lower arms so they're likely going to be 13 Euro sets (see my post in the previous page). Evo's arms are short instead so he's going to be a 9 Euro set (foreverrrrr).

Only Nex and Stringer are missing now..

Edited by Shakar

It happened with Bionicle, too. In my opinion, this wave is perhaps the closest to Bionicle Hero Factory has been since the first wave of sets, before we moved on to the new building system - lots of silver, more elemental themes, melee weapons etcetera. I don't mind so much, so long as the next theme of Hero Factory sets brings something different - I'm hoping that the glut of silver is something that's specific to the Brain Attack subtheme and not a sign of things to come. Perhaps it's just a special armour or something because I'd hate for Hero Factory to end up like some of Bionicle's sets with so much random and unnecessary silver.

You seem to be a bit confused about what Darking was saying-- he was saying the animated version of Bulk didn't have enough silver, since that's supposed to be his primary color. Personally, I didn't really see a problem-- his color scheme was more or less the same as the set's as far as I could tell.

Really I never had a problem with excessive silver in BIONICLE-- it bugged me a bit in 2004, since I had imagined that silver dual-function weapons were supposed to be unique to Toa Nuva, but I got over it when I realized that the Toa Meru would have been awfully boring without them. Later series continued to use silver fairly deliberately IMO, rather than in places where other colors would have made a lot more sense.

Hey! there is a new review of Bruizer+Bulk combiner model:

or

the ice villan of the trailer looks sweet! I definetly gonna get breez, evo, and ice villan.(in my opinion are the best)

I forgot to comment on the white villain. He looks pretty, ahem, cool, kindalike a Ice!Pyrox.

He uses white Laval mane/fur armour pieces like Stormer. Those transparent shells look lighter than the ones on Evo and Stormer, closer to (Bricklink) trans light blue- I do hope that is the case. That torso kinda reminds me of Reapa's..

Both Stormer and Surge seem to feature flick missiles.

I just realized Evo's purpleless again. : (

Just in case you guys didn't get a good chance to see them, courtesy of Vinyl Scratch:

BA_Alpha_Team.png

ba_villains.png

Pretty damn sure that's azure on the ice baddie. Also, seems like Stormer is going XL again.

Edited by Twilight Avenger

You seem to be a bit confused about what Darking was saying-- he was saying the animated version of Bulk didn't have enough silver, since that's supposed to be his primary color. Personally, I didn't really see a problem-- his color scheme was more or less the same as the set's as far as I could tell.

Really I never had a problem with excessive silver in BIONICLE-- it bugged me a bit in 2004, since I had imagined that silver dual-function weapons were supposed to be unique to Toa Nuva, but I got over it when I realized that the Toa Meru would have been awfully boring without them. Later series continued to use silver fairly deliberately IMO, rather than in places where other colors would have made a lot more sense.

Ahh yeah...you're right. Silly me :tongue:

That's a fair point about the silver, but at times it felt to me like there was too much of it - though you're right in saying it usually made sense, I quite often found myself thinking that a lot of the silver pieced in my sets could have done with being the main set colour instead. One thing I really didn't like about Bionicle in its latter days was the amount of weapons some figures could have attached to them, quite a few of the sets felt too cluttered to me, and I hope we don't get a repeat of that - though Furno XL seems to be heading that way, but of course the weapons might make a bit more sense to me when the reviews start turning up.

EDIT: Stormer seems to use the new crystal piece from Legends of Chima on his flick fire missiles.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Words cannot describe how awesome everything about this trailer is. Also, I'm fairly sure Surge uses trans-yellow and not trans-neon green, which is fantastic. And the ice villain seems to have trans-light blue (the one from the Kohrak). He does look awesome anyway, though quite similar to Pyrox.

-Gata signoff.png

Just in case you guys didn't get a good chance to see them, courtesy of Vinyl Scratch:

Pretty damn sure that's azure on the ice baddie. Also, seems like Stormer is going XL again.

Thanks for the screencaps, Best Background Pony. :smug:

Azure? Huh, the brain/slug does look like it's azure, but I spot no azure on the villain.

I thought about Stormer being an XL again (major reasons: somewhat complex weapons, printed visor like Furno's), but the design (especially the very standard torso area) looks too simple to me

Unless Nex or Stringer get one (and I really don't see it coming), looks like Breez is going to be the sole non-Bulk Hero with a silver helmet. Kinda inconsistent, then again the Toa Mahri did that too and it wasn't that bad.

Hey!(changing of the epic trailer theme) have you thinked about that axle hole in the visor?, think is probable for putting a brain, creature, um, thingy....

I mean, why other reason would it be there???? look out on Zork64's breez review and you will found at the 10th image or2nd on the visor images, it does have an axle hole, so, maybe we could make an infected brain attacked heroe???

(I didn't put a link, because is his review, not mine)

(oh and is my first post without an video.....strange it is!!!)

I'm officially in love with this wave now. The backstory (notice semi-confirmation for Villain Factory) of how the villains become, well villains, is great. And I'm definitely going to mod my Pyrox into it's pre-takeover puppy/kitten form.

And once again, the best models are summer ones. Ice villain, Evo, Stormer and XL Surge.

If those really are sets from the second wave, I'd say they make up for any shortcomings in the "current" wave.

I'm officially in love with this wave now. The backstory (notice semi-confirmation for Villain Factory) of how the villains become, well villains, is great. And I'm definitely going to mod my Pyrox into it's pre-takeover puppy/kitten form.

And once again, the best models are summer ones. Ice villain, Evo, Stormer and XL Surge.

Do you mean this adorable creature???

pyrox+pre-+v+mode.png

Did anyone else notice in the video that the arm of the one responsible to send off the brains to Makuhero City is similar to Black Phantom's arm? Just pointing it out. I don't think it's Von Nebula. Any thoughts on who that might be?

Oh I just want this villian a LOT whoever likesw it like me you will like this image taken from the video, focused on him

ice+villian%21%21%216.png

At least an awesome pic of EVO on brain attack!!

Freakin+awesome+EVO%21%21%21%21.png

And yes I also captured my self,, because I´m too bored... but this forum is cool and.....well... here you have an EVO pic, enjoy yourselves!!

Wait have you noticed that backpack thingy on his back????

what would that be???

You guys wanted screenpics? Here, have 43 screenpics from the trailer.

I'll take more screenpics later, I took pics of what I thought was important enough.

EDIT:

Wait have you noticed that backpack thingy on his back????

what would that be???

If he follows what the winter Heroes do, it's most likely a place to store his spear.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch