Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Maybe we're just pointlessly speculating, and they're going to use the 1.0 helmets again.

That's always possible, but at the same time one wonders if they would do that. In Furno and Rocka's case, they haven't been used for a wave, so it's possible, but in Bulk's (and arguably, Breez's) case, there's the risk that such a decision could confuse buyers.

I'm conflicted about whether I'd want 2.0 style helmets anyway. I love the 2.0 head piece-- it's got such lovely contours, and in some ways seems to match the Hero Factory facial style from the show more than the Glatorian head-- but at the same time, I'd really like TLG to choose a helmet style and stick with it, at least for the Heroes. Since the classic-looking helmets of this year are all based on the Glatorian head style, that's the one I would hope TLG sticks with.

Also, I definitely want to see the Glatorian head remolded with a sturdier socket, not that I've had any trouble with the Glatorian head sockets from my Breakout sets so far.

You make valid points- a Glatorian head remold would be great, and having an universal style for Hero heads would increase compatibility; on the other hand I loved the 2.0 helmets and I feel their huge potential wasn't exploited to the fullest, so I'd really like to see them again..

Everybody probably already knows this one,

but according to Brickipedia the next wave is going to be called 'The Doom Box'...

This was fake information from the start. There is a book called that way which is (most likely) totally unrelated to anything of next year, as it features Core Hunter and other characters of this year.

-Gata signoff.png

This happened with the supposedly new 2013 sets info, which turned out to be the same old Wikipedia rumors we know to death by now (Rampant Oceans with its set list and Empire of Frost), and in many other cases.

Not to be rude, but guys- before posting info you consider new, check if someone already posted it before.

Since the story is rather dark, I doubt it will become an episode.

I really have no idea what any of this "Doom Box" stuff is. :laugh: Would someone mind filling me in?

It's a HF book that came out a few weeks ago, whose story is set (I assume) after the Breakout episode- nothing more, nothing less. Aanchir posted some very nice summaries about it in the HF 2012 discussion topic.

I hope we get pics soon..this topic is kinda becoming "empty" discussion.

It's a HF book that came out a few weeks ago, whose story is set (I assume) after the Breakout episode- nothing more, nothing less. Aanchir posted some very nice summaries about it in the HF 2012 discussion topic.

I hope we get pics soon..this topic is kinda becoming "empty" discussion.

One day, I'll wake up, check the Eurobricks action figures forums and hopefully see "HF 2013 Topic Discussion" (with 10 new pages of discussion) instead of "HF 2013 Speculation" .

ONE.DAY

Looks like we'll have to get used to getting finalized pictures at the same time as all other kids in the world again. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

That's it, I'm quitting Eurobricks. >:(

Heh, kidding. I guess our hope are the finalized pictures now. When did those appear last year? November?

One day, I'll wake up, check the Eurobricks action figures forums and hopefully see "HF 2013 Topic Discussion" (with 10 new pages of discussion) instead of "HF 2013 Speculation" .

ONE.DAY

I must quote you because you said something awesome and your avatar shows excellent taste.

That's it, I'm quitting Eurobricks. >:(

Heh, kidding. I guess our hope are the finalized pictures now. When did those appear last year? November?I must quote you because you said something awesome and your avatar shows excellent taste.

They came out in early October (the 4.0 sets) and the preliminary pics probably will come out after NYCC, I wonder if they'll show them there?

Hopefully somebody who snapped pictures of the retailer catalog a while back will suddenly remember to post them. It would be pretty disappointing to have to wait until NYCC.

Hopefully somebody who snapped pictures of the retailer catalog a while back will suddenly remember to post them. It would be pretty disappointing to have to wait until NYCC.

At this point, it's not like it barely matters anymore, really. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

At this point, it's not like it barely matters anymore, really. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

To be honest I can wait for NYCC to get a look at the 2013 stuff.

Not directly related to Hero Factory as a theme, but has anyone noticed that none of the Super Heroes 2013 set lists seem to include any Ultrabuilds? I'm kind of sad about it. I never bought any of the Ultrabuild sets, but it was very nice to see some differing applications for Hero Factory's building system, and the stylized look it offered heroes like Batman and Green Lantern.

I know, I was hoping for more "exclusive recolors" like Joker's purple plating and the giant green Hulk chestplate.

I noticed that too.

Action Figure themes very rarely get much appreciation from AFOLs in general I've noticed, though - perhaps there's a slim chance they were just overlooked.

Then again I doubt it - they'd likely be in with the rest of the Superheroes stuff and that theme is incredibly popular... I'd at least expect a mention of " j uniorised Bionicle figures" or whatever it is a lot of AFOLs (in my experience)tend to brush action figure themes off as...

looks like we're not getting Ultrabuilds. Maybe in the Summer wave? for some reason though I really can't see them being a mainstay in the Superheroes line, sadly.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Wonder Woman Ultrabuild. DO IT NOW LEGO!

Should I accept it now that we aren't getting pics or should I wait a bit more?

Wonder Woman Ultrabuild. DO IT NOW LEGO!

Should I accept it now that we aren't getting pics or should I wait a bit more?

It seems unlikely we'll see the illegally leaked pictures this time round. LEGO is probably taking better precautions this time, and I'd imagine that retailers only have access to the catalogue for so long anyway. Basically I think our window of opportunity has passed so it's up to one of the upcoming conventions/toy fairs for us to get our first glimpse at what to expect - and I'm not expecting HF to make much of an appearance.

Star Wars, Superheroes..whatever other licensed property LEGO are pushing as well as perhaps Legends of Chima (next years "big" theme if I'm not mistaken) will likely get most of the limelight...and that's if LEGO are going to be showing off a lot of product at all.

I'm not completely sure which conventions LEGO shows new products off at and which ones they just sort of...have a presence at and hand out promos.

Edited by Rocketbilly

When is NYCC?

Honestly, I can wait. I really don't need to see prelims, but they're always welcome.

I'm especially interested in Bruizer just because I like that name and hope the set lives up to it. But maybe that's just because that's what the giant Insecticons in Fall of Cybertron were called.

Kalhiki

I wouldn't actually mind seeing finalized pictures before prelims. Sure, I'm not used to it, but it'd be a nice change of pace actually being able to see the sets we're getting straight away, then possibly seeing preliminaries at a later date (like has happened a few times in the past).

Should be an interesting reversal.

Not directly related to Hero Factory as a theme, but has anyone noticed that none of the Super Heroes 2013 set lists seem to include any Ultrabuilds? I'm kind of sad about it. I never bought any of the Ultrabuild sets, but it was very nice to see some differing applications for Hero Factory's building system, and the stylized look it offered heroes like Batman and Green Lantern.

I'm sad about it too. I was rather impressed with the initial offerings, and the line has so much potential to expand. More importantly, if the line truly isn't continuing, its another instance of TLC failing to establish a sucessful constraction figure line centered around something other than robots. If the rumors about Legends of Chima having constraction figures are true, I question whether they will any more success than with previous lines.