Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Whew, it's been a while. So yeah.

That head...I'm not sure what to say. Heck of a lot better than the Av-Toran head that's for definite.

Oh, and I notice Bruizer in the background. Anyone got more pics?

More pics (not mine, so yeah, I hope my friend doesn't kill me for this, although, he has no reason to? right? no? okay)

537694_435848053149043_1827252871_n.jpg556295_435855516481630_1112640605_n.jpg537674_435855576481624_1458695595_n.jpg

I love the new head, but Pyrox's slug looks slightly...off. Bruizer's, however, looks awesome. And while I don't like the look of the beam there, the overall figure looks much better than I would have thought. Pyrox too, actually.

Wow.

Thanks for the pictures; I've got a couple of things to say about this.

1. I don't care how cool Bruizer's function ends up being, that just looks horribly out of place. ESPECIALLY with that left arm being what it is. I think I may just have to buy the necessary parts off Bricklink and replace his left arm with a duplicate of his right one. At least then it'll be consistent. Still, Bruizer looks pretty cool and such.

2. Pyrox looks great. Exactly how I imagined; not disappointed whatsoever.

3. 'Dem brain slugs. Those are... kind of obnoxiously long. Not too big of a fan.

4. ...What absolutely amazing face molds.

More pics (not mine, so yeah, I hope my friend doesn't kill me for this, although, he has no reason to? right? no? okay)

*snip*

Oh my gosh. They look so silly on that carpet, in a good way. I could totally imagine them take a sitcom route with this.

Joking aside, those slugs are actually kinda cool. MIght pick up one or two.

The head looks weird, and I agree it won't work well with characters like BP/SD/Voltix, otherwise I say bring it on.

Bruizer and Pyrox look strangely..cute.

Head is... Interesting. Actually kinda liking the lack of a face as it makes it more versatile.

Don't really mind the Braid Slug length. And the color blending on Pyrox's Slug makes it look gross.

In a good way.

Kalhiki

The new head piece looks different than expected, but it still looks great, I can't wait to see it in person.

The only problem I have with it is that helmets/headpieces that are open (Voltix, Xplode, Bulk 1.0, etc) will look awkward with the new head.

Edited by DOTM Shockwave

Thanks for the review Zork! And we can now confirm that the combiners are bloody awesome.

Edited by DraikNova

Nice heads. Not that good for bare use, but that probably won't be a problem due to how many ways you could attach things. Looking forward to getting some, and getting some of the brain slugs. They're like the MoL Kraata.

How well can Bruizer move his arm, anyway? That bag pose seems pretty blatantly not possible.

Going from the review above, you can only move it up and down with the switch thingy. That's kind of a shame.

That's going to be my first MOD on him, then. Oh, and I just noticed the slugs have a minifig-grippable portion at the end of their "tails".

Edited by DraikNova

It seems the head is great for many uses, except being a head. In these heroes it acts more as part of the neck.

The visors are probably the only thing that is going to make me buy multiples of some of the heroes.

I'm worried that we're getting the head only in tr. bright green.

The pics we had found already confirmed a green head for Breez, Bulk, Pyrox and Scarox. Now that video review reveals Bruizer has a green one too.

From the hi res S@H image Furno, his eyes looked yellow, but I'm losing hope at this point.

It's not so bad for the villains thanks to the brains, but the Heroes? It's 2008 Bionicle all over again.

Bulk looks pretty awesome in that review, IMO. His weapons are still boring and I wish his hands were silver, but overall I like how his color scheme is organized and his helmet design has a lot of personality.

Overall I've been having mixed reactions to the new sets, but overall they do continue to demonstrate neat ideas, IMO.

Is it me or are the helmets rather unique and ugly yet awesome at the same time? I mean Bulk's helmet is so dang ugly it's not even funny but it looks so good.

Is it me or are the helmets rather unique and ugly yet awesome at the same time? I mean Bulk's helmet is so dang ugly it's not even funny but it looks so good.

I agree with you about Bulk's helmet looking ugly and good at the same time.

Bulk has two redeeming factors: his silver breakout `mech` plate and his trans orange pieces. And aren´t those the first orange Exo Force robot arms we´ve gotten in orange?

Oh, and Bulk´s strange face works for me. It looks like a combo of Kongu and Drilldozer.

Edited by DraikNova

I see the Kongu in Bulk's helmet there.. if only a little.

It's hard to say if I like it or not. Only got to see a little bit of it, rest was obscured by the hands.

I'll wait for the picture reviews before I decide if I like it or not, or at least until LEGOJANG of Youtube eventually posts the review..