Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

The new sets are available, at least in Germany. I picked Breez up today and took plenty of pictures, so you can look forward to a review.

The new sets are available, at least in Germany. I picked Breez up today and took plenty of pictures, so you can look forward to a review.

Yay!, can't wait.

LEGO Store or just a regular toy store?

There is more information about the upcoming game here.

-Gata signoff.png

Are the transparent parts tr. neon green or tr. bright green?

Excellent news. Looking forward to seeing the new head pieces.

Hopefully a stateside release is coming soon!

Can't wait to see the pics. 'Specially of the head. I think that's the one thing I want to see most.

Kalhiki

Oh man, can you at least post pictures of the head assembly as soon as possible before you get to the rest of the review?

Found an alternate picture of Bulk while looking for out-of-package photos.

1016816.jpg

Pity it isn't very large, but it does show him from a bit of a different angle. This pic really makes me wish that hand were silver... I think he has enough orange in his color scheme without it.

I guess this does fully confirm he has a narrow shoulders torso like Rocka and Breez.

When it comes to 9 Euro Heroes, it seems they prefer, starting from Breakout, a frame with narrow shoulders and short lower arms. Last year, only Surge had wide shoulders (like his 2.0 form) out of the 9 Euro Heroes and Rocka was the sole 13 Euro Hero with narrow shoulders (like Rocka 3.0).

I'd prefer if they kept each Hero with their own shoulders/arms combination, like in 2011 (for example, Furno 2.0/3.0 had wide shoulders, Nex 2.0 had narrow ones, but all 3 had longer arms). And I prefer Bulk with the wide shoulders/longer arms combo, so I'll modify him, but narrow torsos are rare enough that I can't complain ending up with a spare one.

And yes, the orange hands are random. All orange pieces on him are random IMO- his transparent colour is rightfully tr. reddish orange, but he already has a "main" solid colour, which is silver. Solid orange is just too much I think.

Still better than Breez's colour scheme organization. Ooooh, boy..

Edited by Shakar

I can see lots of great parts, but I agree with everyone else who's said it- there is far too much orange on Bulky here.

Not a bad thing for MOCers, especially since there's so much trans reddish-orange(I was really hoping it would be the orangey orange like in the package pics) included in the mix, but for the character I don't think it works too well.

AND he's got an orange hand.

I swear, if Nex somehow gets silver hands, I will laugh my butt off.

I wonder why his torso isn't silver too? Maybe it's a nod toward his Breakout form, maybe.. I dunno.

Helmet still looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see exactly how the visor clips on.

Oh, I can't wait to see that review, ZORK!

Y'know, I like these sets. They're kinda cool. And now, Bulk. Well, it would be better if he had silver hands, and a light grey/silver shield, and not a dark grey shield. Doesn't really fit in.

I wonder why his torso isn't silver too? Maybe it's a nod toward his Breakout form, maybe.. I dunno.
BA Heroes' torsos are in their "metallic colours", kinda like in 2011. Breez's is silver, Rocka's is titanium metallic (like Rocka 3.0), Furno's is silver like Furno 2.0/3.0 (which is why all that titanium metallic on him bothers me). 2013 Heroes overall have 3 main colours:

1)"Main" colour

2)Transparent colour

3)Metallic colour.

Which is why Bulk's solid orange makes no sense, same (but even worse) for Breez's random titanium metallic, earth green and brown parts.

They attemped at a colour scheme organization that is somewhat similar to that of the 2011 Heroes (rather than the "everyone does their own thing", like in 2012), but it doesn't look nearly as uniform and well thought out.

Edited by Shakar

Forget the solid orange- Bulk's hand should be translucent.

Trans-hands probably won't appear in the near future, I think.

The system makes sense, but I agree that some of the colors on some of the figures are just too out-of-place. Shame really.

Thinking about it more, I wonder what the combiner sets will look like? Should be interesting this time around, considering the villains at play...

It's strange. We've got practically every "normal" color of hand, but only one metallic and no trans-s. And we're guaranteed to get better combiners this year, because those combiners will be made out of sets with matching colorschemes.

same (but even worse) for Breez's random titanium metallic, earth green and brown parts.

Breez is supposed to combine with Ogrum, that most likely explains those random colorus. LEGO seems to have thought of the combiners more than the usual in Brain Attack.

LEGO Store or just a regular toy store?

-Gata signoff.png

The LEGO Store. Other stores don't have them on the shelves yet (at least as far as I know - Müller, who usually get the sets first, don't seem to have them yet).

On a totally unrelated topic: The DC Superheroes disappeared from the LEGO store shelves, while the Marvel Superheroes are still there.

And don't worry, I'm already working on the review.

Edited by ZORK64

546581_435850643148784_1659073346_n.jpg

Not mine, a friend, Kevin posted this in a certain group. Me gusta the look of the head. Also, the brain slug is really long, really, really long.

Oh god, now I'm wishing the glatorian head comes back even more than usual.......even for just a short time.....

Sure, this is effective for helmets w/ no wide gaps like those of the Heroes, but it wouldn't work as a replacement for the likes of BP, SD and voltix.

Edited by Jetrax99