Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

LEGO is probably taking better precautions this time, and I'd imagine that retailers only have access to the catalogue for so long anyway.

Retailers actually get to keep their catalogues, or at least it has been that way so far. The logistics to get the catalogues back would probably be way too complicated and not worth their cost.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing finalized pictures before prelims. Sure, I'm not used to it, but it'd be a nice change of pace actually being able to see the sets we're getting straight away, then possibly seeing preliminaries at a later date (like has happened a few times in the past).

Should be an interesting reversal.

Agreed. The last time we got this was 2010, actually, so it's not even been that long.

-Gata signoff.png

I'm sad about it too. I was rather impressed with the initial offerings, and the line has so much potential to expand. More importantly, if the line truly isn't continuing, its another instance of TLC failing to establish a sucessful constraction figure line centered around something other than robots. If the rumors about Legends of Chima having constraction figures are true, I question whether they will any more success than with previous lines.

Let's just hope a possible Chima constraction line won't push out HF.

Wonder Woman Ultrabuild. DO IT NOW LEGO!

Should I accept it now that we aren't getting pics or should I wait a bit more?

Thor for Marvel, Wonder Woman for DC... with the waves we got before that would mean there would have to be two more characters from both Comic Universes. I wonder...

Don't give up hope just yet. It's risky to put up preliminary images(I'd rather they didn't, just put out some names and very vague descriptions and I'll let my imagination roll with it), but better late than never right?

:classic:

Edited by Cirkit

The Ultrabuilds were really to tie in to the upcoming movies (Avengers and Dark Knight), much like action figures do. The Superhero movies this summer are going to be Man of Steel and Iron Man 3, so we might get something then.

The Ultrabuilds were really to tie in to the upcoming movies (Avengers and Dark Knight), much like action figures do. The Superhero movies this summer are going to be Man of Steel and Iron Man 3, so we might get something then.

That's true. We've seen some set names for sets based on those themes, but some of them are preliminary, vague, or both, so they could wind up being Ultrabuilds.

Well, pictures are out and about. I found them on Youtube. Just search "hero factory 2013 sets".

They look great, if you ask me. Especially Rocka.

I'll give full thoughts later.

Kalhiki

Pictures are on Eurobricks flickr page as well, so I guess the moderator/regulator will add them to this topic soon.

As you do not wait so long simply follow the link, provided by the following picture:

8074443990_0dcd691cfe.jpg

99091 von hinckley39 auf Flickr

Edited by PsyKater

Considering robots are not supposed to have a biological brain, we may be dealing with cyborgs here?

I'll post some things about the sets later but in short: Like the reminiscence of the hero helmets to the Breakout wave and Furnos cape.

I am not too excited. Honestly, I am more excited about ninjago's little red mech this wave.

The heroes are looking very medieval and most of the villains look organic. Except the rocky one. I am a space guy and was happy we got inorganic completely stuff after all those years of bionicle. The visual style reminds me more than I'd like to the Glatorian era.

The heroes' heads look like a transparent version of the 2.0 helmet, so that alone will make me have to buy some of them.

Looking better.

I can't remember a year in which Bulk was not a set to look forward.

Is Furno XL same size as villains? Seems TLG gave up on titans.

Pyrox seems to have transparent orange claws! Same with Scarox' transparent teeth.

Really disliking the glatorian look in the villains, except for bruizer which has something original going on.

Edited by vexorian

I don't really know what to think... None of the Heroes, sans Furno XL (who looks INSANELY AWESOME, especially that sword shield combo) really excite me. My first thought with Breeze and Rocka is how I'm going to use their parts to upgrade their Breakout incarnations. Bulk is lame, unfortunately. I loved all his previous incarnations until now.

The villains, on the other hand, are slightly underwhelming, but are unique and interesting nonetheless. I'll get a better look tomorrow morning when I get my thoughts sorted. Spazzing over all the new set reveals.

And on a side note, the new Kai mech for Ninjago uses some HF elements. Just something interesting.

Really disliking the glatorian look in the villains, except for bruizer which has something original going on.

Well, since the Glatorian were some of my favorite Bionicle sets ever, I had the exact opposite reaction. I've got to say, I'm glad to see TLC is actually digging into their past and giving these new villians an elemental flavor. Bruiser and Ogrum especially are brilliant representations of the Rock and Jungle elements, and Pyrox sure gives me a fire demon vibe. And then, there's Scarox, the only villian who actually fits the apparent alien theme. He's definitely the plainest of the four, though that face is absolute win, and I'm glad to see another non-humanoid set.

The heroes are less impressive IMO, mainly because they don't cover any new ground and are loaded down with way too much silver. Look, I was okay with that in Bionicle, but it was getting tiresome by 2008, and I'm disappointed to see Hero Factory returing to such a worn-out color scheme. On the plus side, Furno XL, who barely even qualifies as a TItan set, is nevetheless looking pretty... hot. Love that new shield and sword, and the chest armor is pretty kicking too. Overall, it looks like Hero Factory still has life life in it, and I'm looking foward to seeing what the summer brings. :thumbup:

One final note: were any of you expecting brown to make a return? Because that was about the last thing I would have thought this wave would introduce. *oh2*

With my thoughts cleared now - it really seems Furno XL is the only interesting Hero put out. I can't wait to get him! Can anyone figure out what's going on with his torso? It looks like he's using a longer torso skeleton piece such that his torso armour sits up too high, and he uses those new Technic-ball connectors Stormer 4.0 introduced for side armour, which looks out of place because it juts out so much. Rocka, Breez and Bulk are all boring. And the use of silver reminds me of how much the black feet were used for the summer Breakout sets. I'm glad it's silver and not gunmetal, I'm so sick of gunmetal.

On to the villains - Ogrum's face does not belong in the realm of HF. It's too organic-looking for me. Bruizer looks good, Scarox and Pyrox give off the vibe of uninspired sets.

On a whole, I'm very pleased to see all the new parts and recolours, but the sets themselves are disappointing. My first impression with the two waves of Breakout were good and they haven't disappointed. Here's hoping the summer brings us better sets, or the winter sets grow on me.

Pyrox totally looks like a Reaper from Dungeon Keeper. It was like litteraly the first thing that came to my mind when I saw him.

Dungkeep.jpg

Well, actually those are great sets.

Bruizer is definetly the best villain. Reminds me of Power Miners.

Scarox IMO is the worst set in 2013, as because it's nearly the same as Waspix. Even the pose is the same!

Bulk is not bulky anymore =( I thought he's gonna be bigger and bulkier, with maybe a bigger drill on his back, but still he's back to 3.0 proprtions. And that's sad =(

Breez is one of the best heroes, just as her previous version. But she lost all her green tones, an even her helmet is recoulored in silver! Anyway the set is nice, and a mustbuy for me.

Can't really say something about Rocka. He is not what I expected of him to be. The worst hero in this line.

Ogrum is a nice set, his face is looking so real, but he's got very short arms, and that bothers me a lot. Still, a definite mustbuy.

Furno XL is the best Xl hero I've ever seen! His upper part has so many new parts, also his cloak is a great addition to the sword and his shield. The shield is also a piece of art.

Pyrox is my favourite after Bruizer. He looks like Explode and like the guy from the first DOOM. He's a great villain after all.

Also, I like that "Brain Attack" stuff, never expected HF to become such a storyline =P

Wow. I have mixed feelings about these. For starters, they look nothing like LEGO. I only noticed that they were LEGO because I saw the Hero Factory logo.

But on the other hand, the designs are really quite cool. I love the rock-like villian and the hero with a cape. I feel like this should be a brand new theme, without the HF plot.

I might pick these up for my little brother this Christmas.

Hmmm,what to say?

I really like some heroes/villains,and I also dislike some heroes/villains,so here are my must get and maybe if I have some extra money list :

Must get ( also known as the good ones in my opinion )

-Breez

-Bruizer

-Ogrum

and Rocka

Maybe ( the medium ones )

-Furno XL ( who is going to be the same size as Stormer XL )

and Pyrox

And noooo,Bulk,what have they done to you D:

Scarox doesn't seems good,but Bulk,really?I would only get him if he's my only figure I still need...

I'm loving next year's line of sets. Furno looks especially awesome! But I just hope his lower chest isn't hollow, that crotch is so far away from his bone-piece.

I must say, I love the simplistic look of the heroes (especially Rocka!!), cept' for Bulk and his drill-thing... One thing I can't shrug off is the fact that these heroes kinda look like those prototype tall Bionicle STAR sets that were commercialized.

Lovin' the new chest piece too! With the claw-things pointing at the hero core and all.

I hope that dome piece is removable (which it'll probably be).

I LOVE THEM BRAINZ

I must quote you because you said something awesome and your avatar shows excellent taste.

Why thankyou :3

So, not only Eurobricks is back online, there are also finally first pics of the new HF toyline. Today is a good day for LEGO. ^^

First of all, the name of the new theme (Brain Attacks) sounds quite gruesome. :laugh:

But it reminds me of the Bohrok and the Rahkshi, and it's a nice twist to give the bad guys the items with the game points now.

Another thing I really like about this wave is how colourful it is. The current wave was mostly silver, black and a few bits orange here and there (the only sets who really stand out colour-wise were Speeda Demon and Stringer), but this wave got a nice mix of bright, dark and vibrant colours. It even makes me forgive the lack of a blue set in this wave (I can live with not having a white set in this wave since we got Stormer XL in the current).

But now to the sets itself:

Breez looks fantastic. I know, if someone complains about "too much lime green" here, it's me, but I can't help it. Her design is just too cool.

Bruizer looks also very cool. I already liked the rock theme of other sets (like Stronius back then), and he kinda reminds me of the rock guys in Rayman Origins, which is also a plus point.

Bulk however is underwhelming. His armour looks somewhat generic too me, and his drill tool would need some sort of engine to look good.

Furno XL looks really, really cool. He comes with nice new parts, an overall good design and he also apparently solves a few of the problems Stormer XL suffered from (like short arms). Most likely a must buy for me.

Ogrum looked first a bit weird to me, but after looking at him again, he really starts growing on me. His mask/helmet/face looks like some sort of japanese demon (in other words, he reminds me of some monsters from Okami) crossbreeded with an orc, and he also comes with dark green parts, which makes me really happy. Oh, he also comes with brown pieces, which is also nice, but not overwhelming for me.

Pyrox' head looks weird too me, but he's apparently dark red and it seems like he's using XT4's short torso. I might buy him when he goes on sales.

Rocka looks really dull. Perhaps he got some cool stuff under his shield, but if not, the only interesting thing about him is his green sword.

Scarox' alienbug-head looks cool, but I'm not too keen on his colours.

As far as I can tell from the pictures, the new wave looks good. It got a few cool sets and a healthy dose of new parts and appealing recolours. I'm looking forward to their release. :wink:

I was fairly underwhelmed with the Heroes, I gotta say. Breez was probably the best (no thanks to a SILVER HELMET), but some of the villains are pretty neat. Ogrum is a must buy because not only does he have the best design (and name), but he also has green and brown.

GREEN AND BROWN.

Scarox does gold well enough, but the design looks to be so-so.

I really hope the brain slugs can attach to the Heroes (looks like they still use Glatorian heads), because that would just clinch it.