Sign in to follow this  
LegoBenzine

Legends of Chima-Overall Thoughts

I'm all for anthromorphs, so Chima's got me from the start. But really, the minifigures are amazing, the masks are great, and the printing detailed as ever. Of course, some won't like them as much, but most of the people I met loved them. As for the sets, it's mostly a hit and miss, some of them worth collecting, and some of them just 'meh'. The Speedorz are a nice way of getting all the minifigs, and they're actually quite fun to collect even if you don't play with them.

Like a lot had said, I wish the first wave would introduce more structural sets instead of the onslaught of vehicles after vehicles. The new Crocodile Hideout looks sparse too. More foliage, ruins, temples and bases would be nice, although there's no problem in making those yourselves. Then again, it's just the first wave. And there's too much repeating minifigures. Some minions and soldiers would be nice, but I suppose they'll be hard to make, considering the amount of detail and design is put to the printing on them.

The speedorz- A lot better than spinners as you can use them not only for a game. They are just cool acient motorcycles!

The figs- I would say glorious. But I will not. As much on artworks all figs look amazing in real they look very weird. It seems like they are overdesigned and they are too much deformed. The snouts are too long, the Lions look too anime like... I much more preffered the prototypes for all figures:

PrelimChimaCrocs.png

They were less stylised and IMO they look a lot better. And just look at that weapons! :wub:

What I DO like is the head + helmet combo. Sadly all helmet-heads I have moove very loose and when I am playing with them I always have to fix them...

The show: I have only wached the 2 first episodes, and I will not watch anymore. It was bland and I was mad that main characters are like they have 10. I don't mind the sillines in Lego. I love Lego humor, but here they try to be too edgy. The other grip I have with the series is there is no enough Lego in it. There is only minifigs there!

I really, really like the preliminary Crocodile minifigures, so it is too bad that we don't get those ones and get the ones that we do (and will) get now (and in the future), although I still like the ones that we do get now even though some of them look too evil-looking for my tastes. (It's possible that we may get very similar ones in terms of molds to the preliminary ones for the (possible future) Leatherhead minifigure in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme.)

"ch_ris127", I too, really like half-human, half-animal creatures, especially in LEGO minifigure form. (My favourite half-human, half-animal creatures are reptiles, especially ones with snouts and/or large and sharp teeth, so they don't look wimpy-looking there, which is why turtles are my least favourite reptiles (though I still like them) and meat-eating dinosaurs, crocodiles, alligators, snakes and dragons are my favourites, with other reptiles falling somewhere in between them.)

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

I really, really like the preliminary Crocodile minifigures, so it is too bad that we don't get those ones and get the ones that we do (and will) get now (and in the future), although I still like the ones that we do get now even though some of them look too evil-looking for my tastes. (It's possible that we may get very similar ones in terms of molds to the preliminary ones for the (possible future) Leatherhead minifigure in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme.)

"ch_ris127", I too, really like half-human, half-animal creatures, especially in LEGO minifigure form. (My favourite half-human, half-animal creatures are reptiles, especially ones with snouts and/or large and sharp teeth, so they don't look wimpy-looking there, which is why turtles are my least favourite reptiles (though I still like them) and meat-eating dinosaurs, crocodiles, alligators, snakes and dragons are my favourites, with other reptiles falling somewhere in between them.)

Yeah, I agree with you about the crocs looking too evil...but I suppose they threw away the prototype figures for better character and emotion on the minifigs' faces...maybe they should make one laidback crocodile character for a nicer less-evil looking minifigure...

I can't wait to see Leatherhead's figure if they have one...Splinter looked great! But maybe Leatherhead would be a huge figure like Dog Pound though, considering his size...

Again, I'm right there with you with sharp-toothed snout-bearing creatures :D They look so much cooler and stronger than tamer animals, which is why it's kind of annoying when they keep getting portrayed as the bad guys in stories...-.-

Yeah, I agree with you about the crocs looking too evil...but I suppose they threw away the prototype figures for better character and emotion on the minifigs' faces...maybe they should make one laidback crocodile character for a nicer less-evil looking minifigure...

I can't wait to see Leatherhead's figure if they have one...Splinter looked great! But maybe Leatherhead would be a huge figure like Dog Pound though, considering his size...

Again, I'm right there with you with sharp-toothed snout-bearing creatures :D They look so much cooler and stronger than tamer animals, which is why it's kind of annoying when they keep getting portrayed as the bad guys in stories...-.-

I say amen! to all these comments, especially the last one! (The Administators and Moderators on here just don't seem to get the message and understand us! :wink:) Also, I welcome you to Eurobricks! :classic:

Here is an edit:

You are probably right in the possibility in the Leatherhead minifigure in being huge in size, should there ever be one that is released by LEGO, just like Dog Pound is right now. This would be even more awesome to me, since I would be able to use him as a good Crocodile in the land of Chima which would mean that he would win against a battle with Cragger just because of his size (he would probably crush him! :laugh:). (In fact, Leatherhead might even be able to take on more than one Crocodile tribe member at the same time and still win the battle! *oh2*)

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

I admit, I was really ticked off when Ninjago was cut for a year just for Chima to be introduced. Then, I started getting curious, thinking, What would these mini figures look like next to my collection of everything else? The theme started growing on me, really more for the vehicles then the minifigures. I finally got my first Chima set today, and I really like it. Now, I wonder what would happen if a put Crawley next to Gold Lloyd.......