Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

Tolswick Barracks

A new MOC for my small town of Tolswick. As it is only a small farming town it has no walls around it, so it needs good guards. This is the first part of the Tolswick defense project. Also, as I haven't made a MOC in a while, I was just trying to use new techniques like the shield on the front and the grey brick pattern.

FRONT:

8458862168_1343f08e0e_z.jpg

Note the gold studs round the window. I used a headlight brick backwards to do it. Another new technique for me.

SIDE:

8457766037_d6c81557a1_z.jpg

BOTTOM FLOOR:

8458866190_9c22e3967e_z.jpg

Here is a guard training with a troll dummy while a Tolswick Ranger watches. The guard will be scared when he finds out real trolls move :tongue: .

UPPER FLOOR:

8457761755_fefddb6fe9_z.jpg

Here is a guard having a quick nap while off duty. And yes those are beds from the burrow, that's where most pieces for this MOC come from.

Nice little MOC, the pattern with grey bricks in the walls looks good :thumbup: Mounting the shield lower would make it so the window's not blocked by it.

Cool interior too, just needs some way to get upstairs :wink:

Looking good, just need to build the back half! The two levels in different colours works pretty well, and i like the red roof. I like the Tolswick Ranger fig, the black hood and cloak go really well with the Uruk hai parts.

Nice job! I like the bottom story pattern and the dark red roof looks good! Nice ranger fig too! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the positive comments. I actually completely forgot about stairs as all my other builds have been 1 story village houses. I'll add some in.

Hmm do guards get hungry try do the back end but overall love the whole thing this just shows that two main coulers work just as well as fancy brickwork and woodensupports/decoration.

I love the brick pattern.