8455300780_b3e5a2aa88_z.jpg

That's a big Chocolate, and needs a big loader to move it.

And in a rare treat, my friend Siegfried and his spank'n new Loader will be helping me moving that delicious nugget.

(yes I had to Sci-Fabu it up.)

Edited by Pandora
Switched title

Now that is something extraordinary! Who would've thought that using to colours and rather basic parts could give such a brilliant result? :thumbup:

I'm positively amazed at how you managed to make the industrial surrounding look so cute! I especially like those "claws" on the walker! :wub:

Looks astounding as usual!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Wow! Amazing work with only 2 colors!A pair technical question: are the blue / yellow pieces new, just cleaned, or photoshopped? Because the quality of this image is great (and I'm very bad at photographing). Has this shot been taken in an interior with a lightbox? Thanks

Edited by jedi1984

Fabuland pieces + Ferrero Rocher + blue castle battlement pieces = Unexpected brilliance.

Fantastic work on this, I have no idea how you made such a bizarre mix of colours and pieces work this well.

Lovely idea, Si! :wub:

Though you might get in trouble for that Rocher:

• All entries are to include only real LEGO elements.

:laugh:

I'm positively amazed at how you managed to make the industrial surrounding look so cute! I especially like those "claws" on the walker! :wub:

:grin: thanks! I basically built normally except i used brighter colours :look:

Wow! Amazing work with only 2 colors!A pair technical question: are the blue / yellow pieces new, just cleaned, or photoshopped? Because the quality of this image is great (and I'm very bad at photographing). Has this shot been taken in an interior with a lightbox? Thanks

The pieces are actually used from bricklink, and a bit dirty too! you can see the smudge on the left yellow door.

I would suggest checking out the tutorials in the Reviewer's Academy which can teach you how to shoot like this.

But to answer your question, this was shot in a lightbox, it makes thing simpler, but isn't necessary, I've taken similar pictures without the need of lightboxes. The key is to take an overexposed picture (use your camera's manual settings) so that things are nice and bright. I dumped it into photoshop and changed up the brightness and contrast a bit.

I then cropped out the background (it was slightly off white) and replaced it with pure white.you can see a bit of the shadows from the off white background which I left.

If you got any more questions/want me to explain more, feel free to shoot me a PM :thumbup:

Fabuland pieces + Ferrero Rocher + blue castle battlement pieces = Unexpected brilliance.

Fantastic work on this, I have no idea how you made such a bizarre mix of colours and pieces work this well.

Hehe. I've been saving the castle battlements for a moonbase build ... but this seemed like a better use :grin:

Lovely idea, Si! :wub:

Though you might get in trouble for that Rocher:

How can I get in trouble for breaking a rule for a contest that I'm not even allowed to enter? :look:

Though if you're really going to be a spoil sport about it, I'll just swap out the Rocher with my LEGO rocher:

7206439398_81872c0ed3_t.jpg

:tongue:

Excellent work, love the duotune build and the fabumech is fabulous.

Though if you're really going to be a spoil sport about it, I'll just swap out the Rocher with my LEGO rocher:

7206439398_81872c0ed3_t.jpg

:tongue:

Actually, I think that is a picture of MY Rocher. :devil:

How can I get in trouble for breaking a rule for a contest that I'm not even allowed to enter? :look:

Who says you aren't? :tongue:

Who says you aren't? :tongue:

:looks at rank:

:looks at rules:

errr... I guess it doesn't explicitly say I can't enter, so I guess it's unwritten rule that I can't :cry_sad:

Love it!!! Especially the Walker which is definitely reminds me of the Aliens movie!

YAY! I built it right :)

I totally tried to build the walker from Aliens. Though I had to compensate for the FabuFig's fat head :look:

Very nice and bright. I can never get photos that good no matter how many tutorials I read! But it is a very interesting build as well with a nice overall look to it. Very factory like, but in the sort of way a small child would imagine it, so bright and vibrant. So after using that exo-skeleton to pick up the chocolate does he get to eat it?

[/size]

:grin: thanks! I basically built normally except i used brighter colours :look:

The pieces are actually used from bricklink, and a bit dirty too! you can see the smudge on the left yellow door.

I would suggest checking out the tutorials in the Reviewer's Academy which can teach you how to shoot like this.

But to answer your question, this was shot in a lightbox, it makes thing simpler, but isn't necessary, I've taken similar pictures without the need of lightboxes. The key is to take an overexposed picture (use your camera's manual settings) so that things are nice and bright. I dumped it into photoshop and changed up the brightness and contrast a bit.

I then cropped out the background (it was slightly off white) and replaced it with pure white.you can see a bit of the shadows from the off white background which I left.

Thanks, I've read the tutorial and built a lightbox, I Took some photos with a 8 sec / f 2,8 settings with a stand and I'm pretty satisfied with what came out even though there's a lot I still have to learn. Thank you very much for your answer

Sci, seriously, where the fabu-heaven do you always find those strange pieces and the inspiration for creating something as brilliant as this? :laugh:

Wow. It's ridiculously sci-fi, yet it manages to incorporate a lot of Fabuland motives (or whatever the word is).