JopieK

Narrow Gauge LEGO train including points etc.

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Look what our friends (uhm I mean Lok24) from 1000steine brought us:

10457-1360139629.jpg

I just love his solutions!!!

10457-1360135905.jpg

his switch is fully functioning, the train is a PF train with LiPo! He did not alter any LEGO part whatsoever.

That switch solution looks very elegant. I alway liked Space2090 solution for the japenese trains (cant fin the link) but this seems easier to build

Very nice train. I'm wondering where the motor is. In the brown car perhaps?

Clever work alright. Is that point/switch a stub switch?

Looks a lot like a stub switch. The "points" are not pointy and it seems the whole thing moves.

Hi all,

thanks for your interest in my narrow gauge train.

I'm new here cause JopieK did post parts of my project (thanks!), but i can give you some further information.

The train is as follows:

PICT0836_ji.jpg

PICT0838_ji.jpg

PICT0843_ji.jpg

It is note really a stub switch, cause for that the four parallel tracks should have to be moved.

Instaed of that there is a moveable pair of tracks right from the point.

Have a look:

PICT0814_ji.jpg

The drive mechanism for the point ist the same as for my 12V/PF-Signals.

Some movies in pretty poor quality, sorry for that

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

cu

Lok24

Edited by Lok24

Amazing. Never thought I see something like that with completely unmodified parts. And such a cute little train too.

I'm seriously impressed to see how all the PF parts were shoe horned in. The way the motor and drive is laid out in the loco is a neat piece of engineering.

The solution with those points and actually moving the approach track rather than the switch itself is something that I would just never of thought of, yet in your video it just seems such an obvious solution.

Really impressive, this might be exactly what I was looking for for my Winter Village themed layout.

That's the XL motor, right? It must really haul a@@.

Thanks, Joe

Hi all,

the train is a complete 9V-PF-Train, the tracks are from my old 12V-tracks. But any others like the old blue should do as well.

It is not the XL motor, because the train is in 5 wide!

It's the M Motor, 3w, and the engine hood is 3w as well.

And no, there is no part list, but the pictures show how to build, or I post some more pictures here.

cu

Lok24

Edited by Lok24

Hi all,

thanks for your interest in my narrow gauge train.

I'm new here cause JopieK did post parts of my project (thanks!), but i can give you some further information.

<snip>

cu

Lok24

Wonderful work. Really incredible your solutions. Elegant. I'm really glad to see your work!

-James Mathis

That's a stub switch alright. The rails leading up to the point "bend" not the split after. Very common on the 2 foot gauge railways in Maine in the early 1900s.

Do you have a picture of the connection between the propulsion and the front (and rear) axle? I can't see it on the picture above. I'm trying to rebuild it in LDD, bur I'm a bit stuck at that point :classic:.

Thanks in advance.

What an interesting and awesome switcher. The track is cool as well. I do like how you shoehorned it all into the narrow gauge size and make it presentable.

Outstanding build. I am curious about your couplings, is it just held together with the power functions cable? If so, bravo, most imaginative use of power functions cable yet:)