solta

MOC: Iveco Eurocargo + PF

UPDATE: see below...

I do not know exactly where to put this truck, or in the City or in Technic. Given that, it looks like Lego City vehicle and is in minifig scale, will probably be alright here.

As the title says, this is Iveco Eurocargo truck. You can see the original on this link: http://dayerses.com/...urocargo-02.jpg

For this MOC I was inspired by M_longer with his Mini PF truck: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=33204

And what is so interesting on my truck? In particular, that the dimensions are in minifig scale, however it contains a Power Functions components for moving and turning. Here are some photos without PF components:

00.jpg

02.jpg

Truck has a cabin 6 studs wide and cargo compartment 7 studs wide. Overall length is 21 studs (6 cabin + 15 cargo compartment). Spacing between front wheels is 5 studs (because each wheel is 1 stud thick), but back wheels have a spacing of only 3 studs (because each wheel is 2 studs thick). On the front wheels there is one tire plugged on each one, on the rear wheels there are two tires on each one. So the rear side of the vehicle looks very realistic.

Here is visible the entire length of the truck:

03.jpg

Front view:

04.jpg

Detail view on the rear wheels:

05.jpg

And here are some photos with PF components installed:

img3365.jpg

At the top of the cargo compartment there is visible PF receiver. Maybe a little disturbing, but I had to install it somewhere. The vehicle also has some Technic bricks that are used for more strength.

img3366.jpg

Under the cargo compartment cover there are hiding PF components. You can find there the BB with 6 AAA batteries, receiver and two M motors. Lower motor drives the rear axle to drive the truck forward/backward, upper motor is responsible for turning the front wheels (drive left/right). Above the motors there is the receiver that goes through the cargo compartment cover. On the BB there is a spacer installed, which is also used as an on/off button for BB.

Here is a movie:

Enjoy.

UPDATE

The cargo compartment cover is placed on the vehicle and is constructed so that it is consistent with the elevation and longitudinal spacers. Spacers prevent movement of the cargo compartment cover forward/backward and downward. For disclosure of cargo compartment you just lift up the cover. It's that easy.

img3372.jpg

img3374.jpg

The most disturbing part on a truck are cables. And I do not mean aesthetically, but also spatially. It is difficult to find a suitable place for their implementation.

Compared with the vehicle from M_longer: mine has the same basic drive, but turning is resolved differently. I also installed two M motors so that's why there is less space.

Edited by solta

SImply brilliant...I love how you have achieved the PF with an atheistically pleasing minifig truck.

AWESOME an R/C truck for City.....now there's a cool idea......excellent engineering there 'solta'.....Brick On Truck On ! :grin:

I like it! You've united both aesthetics and functionality! It's minifig scale, and I mean it's 6-wide! (well, 7-wide, but you don't notice it very well... :) )

That is so cool! Play factor is going through the roof and all is packed in such a small volume. It would be nice to see the internals. I am so making this for my son. Thanks for showing.

Excellant job! It looks like the original and it MOVES! You rock!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

The truck itself looks really good, but that you managed to fit PF components inside is outstanding!

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like it.

... It would be nice to see the internals...

Photos are coming soon.

Looks really interesting, if I am not mistaken some guys in a Polish lug built a 6wide truck with similar overall dimensions and features like yours some time ago.

Edit: Here is a link:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=400306

My fifth sentence was: "For this MOC I was inspired by M_longer with his Mini PF truck: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=33204", but you probably missed it. No hard feelings.

Wow! Amazing work on this solta! The truck itself is very well done: that nice 6w/7w offset, wheels (with those nice smooth tires) and the very fine front mudguards. This looks very cool, especially regarding the fact that the wheels must be able to move when steering.

And then it's all PF-equipped - fantastic. Surely this has been done before but here it's the combination of a very fine-looking truck with all that technical stuff squeezed into it. Two questions, though:

• How do you manage to keep the truck that slow (which is fine)? Did you decrease voltage by reducing the number of batteries or something?
  • The truck goes straight on nicely which often seems to be a problem. How do you do that? Or does it steer rather slowly, too?

Anyway awesome work. Looking forward to further pics! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yepp, sorry I missed your comment.

Your design is estetically more appealing than M_longers !

Edited by Selander

Thanks again everyone.

• How do you manage to keep the truck that slow (which is fine)? Did you decrease voltage by reducing the number of batteries or something?
  • The truck goes straight on nicely which often seems to be a problem. How do you do that? Or does it steer rather slowly, too?

Anyway awesome work. Looking forward to further pics! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A1: On the drive axle there is Technic, Gear 8 Tooth and on the motor axis there is Technic, Gear Worm Screw. That's why the speed is so reduced.

A2: As you already guessed, it steers very slowly. I actually use Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control to control the truck.

Yepp, sorry I missed your comment.

No problem... :wink:

Edited by solta

This looks really cool indeed. At the first moment I couldn't believe you squeezed 2 M motors in there, then I recognized that the second motor lies beneath the compartment. But this was surely some hard work to do, I'm impressed.

A1: On the drive axle there is Technic, Gear 8 Tooth and on the motor axis there is Technic, Gear Worm Screw. That's why the speed is so reduced.

A2: As you already guessed, it steers very slowly. I actually use Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control to control the truck.

Many thanks for the explanations. Seems to me that a slow steering is the best solution to keep a truck like this going straight.

Keep it up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can you tell me what part # the tires are? I like the scale of the minfig to wheel size. Seems just perfect

Can you tell me what part # the tires are? I like the scale of the minfig to wheel size. Seems just perfect

yes! i second that i hate the knobby like tires for those rims, but those look great. i need me some of those. i did an RV build and wanted to get duallies like that as well, but did not like the tire choices.

kudos on the truck, it looks and works great. has better style than the polish guy's build (although his was still cool), but your wider box is definitely better and more realistic. on my RV i did the same thing 6 wide cab, 8 wide house/cargo, it makes it kind of huge compared to regular city stuff, but isn't that far off for actual minifig scale. unfortunately i have too many interior fun stuff on my RV to fit a motor set up :)

yes! i second that i hate the knobby like tires for those rims, but those look great. i need me some of those. i did an RV build and wanted to get duallies like that as well, but did not like the tire choices.

kudos on the truck, it looks and works great. has better style than the polish guy's build (although his was still cool), but your wider box is definitely better and more realistic. on my RV i did the same thing 6 wide cab, 8 wide house/cargo, it makes it kind of huge compared to regular city stuff, but isn't that far off for actual minifig scale. unfortunately i have too many interior fun stuff on my RV to fit a motor set up :)

I have done some research and have found the tires, but there are three versions. One with the inner rims, another without rims, and the last is hollow.

http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?itemType=P&q=132&sortBy=N&sortAsc=A

they are the 4th, 5th, and 6th items

Sorry, I wasn't on this page for a while.

@Beck

Yes, you are right. You did your research well. The actual tires, that I put on my rims are 7th item from the top.

And again thanks to all for your comments.