I must not be the big spender at my local store since it is a few hours away. But I know I spent well over $1000 last year from the retail store. Oh well.

I arrived home this evening to find this envelope on the door mat.

IMGP2107_zpsef73363d.jpg

I was expecting it to be an advertising mailing, so was quite suprised when I picked it up and felt something inside...

Unsuprisingly I jumped straight in and opened it up and this is what I found inside

IMGP2108_zpscbaec661.jpg

For a totally unexpected freebee, this is pretty cool, a chrome red minifigure keyring (shame the hands are not chrome red :cry_sad: )

IMGP2109_zpsca174796.jpg

The card lists offers that are coming up,

14th - 28th Feb - Palace Cinema available to purchase only to VIP members

27th Feb - 13th March - Free Delivery

1st - 31st March - Free Republic Frigate with purchases over £50

25th March - 8th April - Double VIP points

Anyone else had one of these??

D

I got mine today. Weird thing is, my first trip to a lego brand store was just 2 weeks ago. The closest store to me is a 10 hour drive away. I have spent plenty online though, so it's nice to see some love come my way. Couldn't see all my transactions, but I spent roughly $2,000 - $2,500 last year.

Possibly stupid question but if I am a Canadian but buy and ship my purchases to a P.O. box in the states would the key chain come to my Canadian or American address. (I know I've spent over $500 so qualification shouldn't be a problem)

I severely cut my LEGO purchases due to lack of money (though I've saved up a fair bit and plan to make another big purchase soon during the double VIP points period), but I still got a keychain. I SHOULD point out that I recently redeemed a batch of VIP points, perhaps that has to do with the criteria to recieve one of these?

In any event, I'm VERY happy to learn of the double points period, I was starting to fear I wouldn't be able to hold out until the next one. :laugh:

I just got mine today :D I looked back and spent a little over 4k on Lego.com last year..... On pace for that this year as well. It's an awesome key chain though and really made my night after quite a crappy day!

Well...... I received mine today as well and I only get my Lego fix :devil: at a Lego Brand Store!

Hmmmm... I would have thought I spent $500+ easy with my VIP card this year. I'm at our local store almost once a month, too.

Nice surprise at home tonight, a Valentines Day Card (Early) from Lego, I'm not sure if every VIP card owner gets one of these, or they have just looked at my spending habits and are basically saying I am spending too much on Lego and they love me for it! Part Number of the mini-fig keyring is 4644591, it also has another code saying 853303

Also mentions, early access to the Palace Cinema, 14th - 28th Feb, Free starwars gift 1st March - 31st March, free delivery 27th March t0 13th March, Double VIP points 25th March - 8th April

valentines_minifig.jpg

Edited by paul_delahaye

Has anyone actually tried contacting Lego about these? Surely there is some kind of method to the madness, as it seems that there are small and big spenders getting them. I could personally care less about it, but my son would love it as he puts the keychains on his backpack. I went back and had spent about $3500 from S@H in the last 12 months, so we'll see. I am sure geography plays a big factor on when people are getting them.

I got mine in the mail today! :sweet:

I'm surprised, as I have only spent a little less than $700 at the LEGO Store last year. It's an amazing figure, though! I love chrome! :wub:

Maybe LEGO is just giving them away at random to all VIP members? Or would that be, you know, too nice?

Has anyone actually tried contacting Lego about these? Surely there is some kind of method to the madness, as it seems that there are small and big spenders getting them. I could personally care less about it, but my son would love it as he puts the keychains on his backpack. I went back and had spent about $3500 from S@H in the last 12 months, so we'll see. I am sure geography plays a big factor on when people are getting them.

Maybe VIP purchases within that Black Friday sales window?

Maybe VIP purchases within that Black Friday sales window?

Nope, I didn't buy any LEGO during the Thanksgiving-Christmas season. I was quite sad about it, too, which is why I ended up spending VIP points in early January.

Defiantly not the Black Friday thing or the recent history. I haven't bought any LEGO (online or from LEGO store) since August 2012 and I got the keychain fig yesterday. Probably spent about $600 from May to August of that year so not big spender compared to some of you.

It is a cool keychain even though I am not a fan of red. The chrome looks great! And it was really a surprise coming in the mail. Maybe they will offer them in other colors (like pastels) in the stores soon. Should be a bestseller.

I visit and buy from our Lego Store (10 miles away) about once a month or so. Don't buy online from Lego, so it must be related to the store.

Glad to hear the Palace set will be out the 14th in the store acc. to the info with the keychain. Sometimes I check a few days earlier.

I got one in the post yesterday, wondered what it was until I opened it. Looks really nice and I was well pleased for about a minute or so until the wife demanded I give it her as I have a forest policeman on my key chain. I pointed out that she has one as well but that did not seem to matter to her reasoning. She did not get one though inspite of being a VIP member in her own right?