I spend a lot of money on lego, and I still haven't received one yet. Probably because I moved. I hope the people that just moved into our old house didn't get it :blush:

I see people are still receiving them, so hopefully I'll still get one too. I spent a few thousand dollars last year, so I like to think I qualify.

I got one today too. A little late for Valentine's Day. Wonder if they all got held up at the border.

From TLG:

Thank you for contacting us regarding our LEGO® VIP rewards program!

It's great to hear from our loyal LEGO® VIP members. In regards to the Valentine Cards we are sending out, this was a limited random mailing to our VIP members who have been with us for an extended period of time, and use the account on a regular basis.

While we recognize you did qualify for this promotion we chose 40,000 lucky members to receive the keychain.

From TLG:

Thanks for posting this. All this talking about how much money was spent was ... weird.

I want to highlight another part of the statement:

Thank you for contacting us regarding our LEGO® VIP rewards program!

It's great to hear from our loyal LEGO® VIP members. In regards to the Valentine Cards we are sending out, this was a limited random mailing to our VIP members who have been with us for an extended period of time, and use the account on a regular basis.

While we recognize you did qualify for this promotion we chose 40,000 lucky members to receive the keychain.

So they address "old" and active VIP members.

Edited by PsyKater

It was probably weighted in some way, with the greatest weight going to VIP accounts active for at least a year and active within each of the previous 4 quarters. And then with a degree of randomness.

I already forgot about this, so I was totally surprised when I got this in the mail yesterday. My wife was literally laughing because I initially saw our copy of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue peaking out of our mailbox and I went "oooooh!", and then when she opened the mailbox and showed me the Lego envelope, I was like "WHOOOOOOO!!!!"

Interesting that they are still showing up in mailboxes. I guess I won't give up hope completely yet.

For May the 4th, LEGO does the same thing with the promo minifig (Shadow ARF, TC-14, etc). If you ever check the mailing invoice, it shows the minifig has a value of like $4.99 (no sure if the price is correct).

Anyhow, I was lucky enough to get a LEGO Valentines. Too bad I won't see it until 2015.

If you've noticed, those receiving them now are in Canada. Lego's mailings often get delayed crossing the border.

I can confirm this, as I just got one. Which is pretty lucky, since I only get a chance to go to a LEGO store once or twice a year. :blush:

To me a funny cartoon pic - LEGO Batman slapping Robin by artist Paul Lee :laugh: !

gallery_148_20_32765.jpg