Brickset had this up on their news today:

... well, at least, it seems to love some VIPs who've been sent this red-chrome minifig and a Valentine's card.

mmaldony emailed the picture and said "I received a Valentine's Day card in the mail today from LEGO with an Exclusive LEGO VIP Key Chain - #853303, item #4644591. The card says it is a thank you for being a valued LEGO VIP. It was sent from LEGO UK in Derby to my Austrian address."

Anyone else received one?

853303-1.jpg

Looks like a new color! (Chrome Red?)

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Seems similar to one of the invites to their VIP Black Friday sales, where only 25 per store were given out to the 25 biggest spenders. Unless you have very deep pockets, I doubt you'll find one in the mail.

It is indeed a nice gift for the VIP's who spend a lot of money :classic:

Too bad I will probably not be one of them :laugh:

It makes you wonder how much the big spenders actually have to spend to be in the top 25 (or whatever the limit is for this particular gift). I know I spent a fortune at S@H and at the retail store, but I never receive anything, so there must be some really big spenders out there.

The keychain looks nice, but I'd end up selling it anyway since I would have no use for it.

There was an update on Brickset saying that TLG is sending them to VIPs in Europe and North America, so I doubt that means ALL VIPs but it certainly gives more hope to people outside of the UK.

Ooooh, hope they are doing it in the US... I've been the #1 VIP at my store for 2 years straight and I'd love that keychain! (oh, and TheLegoDr, for reference, I spend probably $5k a year there)

It makes you wonder how much the big spenders actually have to spend to be in the top 25 (or whatever the limit is for this particular gift). I know I spent a fortune at S@H and at the retail store, but I never receive anything, so there must be some really big spenders out there.

How close are you to a LEGO store? Those Brick Friday invites have a lot to do with geography as well as spending. If you're the top purchaser, but you live 100 miles away, I don't think you'll get an invite.

I just got mine in the mail today. Woohoo! (US so the states are getting them.) nothing I see about it categorizes it as something for big spenders. It just says a VIP gift and comes with promotional materials talking about the Palace Theater release and March VIP sales (free shipping first half, double VIP second and gift with purchase at some point.)

I love the shiny red fig and the printed logo tile.

Well my roommate just got one in the mail and I didn't. I know for a fact I spend a ton more on LEGO than him at our local store, however, he purchased all the ninja turtles when they came out so maybe they only look at very recent activity.

I received a chrome red blank minifig on a keychain.

The blurb on the leaflet says, "Just for you! A special LEGO VIP Valentine's Day treat!"

I'd attach a picture, but I'm having difficulty with that at the moment.

I just got mine in the mail today. Woohoo! (US so the states are getting them.) nothing I see about it categorizes it as something for big spenders. It just says a VIP gift and comes with promotional materials talking about the Palace Theater release and March VIP sales (free shipping first half, double VIP second and gift with purchase at some point.)

Well my roommate just got one in the mail and I didn't. I know for a fact I spend a ton more on LEGO than him at our local store, however, he purchased all the ninja turtles when they came out so maybe they only look at very recent activity.

Out of curiousity, how much have you, and your roommate, spent at LEGO stores or on the website in the last 12 months?

Oop, apologies for the double thread.

... and merged.

Out of curiousity, how much have you, and your roommate, spent at LEGO stores or on the website in the last 12 months?

In the past year? Probably somewhere between $500 and $1000 usd. All 4 of the current Modulars. joust. MMV. Plus some smaller sets.

Umm my roommate probably spent no more than $400-500, I spent closer to $1000